Of Rogues And Riches: Chapter Ii The Story Of Jade O'hayes

To continue:

Jade, couldn't take the fear of her foreboding future anymore, so she set off into the darkness as a light rain began to fall. Stealing a neighbor's horse she made her way to Dublin then bought a passage to Edinburgh. After a harsh week of riding she arrived in a ramshackled tavern by the beaches of the North Sea.
"Hello?" she said to the barkeep, a slim man with a thick beard.
"Does the pretty lady want a drink?" he said with a smile. The smell of rum trailed from his breath.
"Aye, if I may pay for a glass."
"It'll cost ye a kiss," he said with a wink.
"I'd rather not..." she said trying to remain calm but the barkeep gave her a lusftful look and grabbed her arm.
"Let go!" she hollored, "Please let go!"
The man gave a laugh but it was cut short by a blast from a pistol. The man fell down in a pool of his own blood.
"Are you all right?" said a femine voice.
Jade looked behind her was gasped in shock.
A dainty lady, dressed flamboyantly in sailor's rags, held a pistol in her hand.
"You look a little lost, love." she said.
"Who are you?"she said breathlessly.
"I go by Treasures for it is what I seek." she said with a smile.
"Your a... pirate?"
"A lady of fortune as it were, but pirate is all the same," she said with faint chuckle, "Where ya heading?"
"I'm not exactly sure. I guess I'm making me way north..." said Jade quietly.
"Go north and die by frost. The south is where a runaway belongs."
Jade said nothing. Treasures had a way of speech that seemed to be sincere and a mocking tone.
"Listen love," she said with a sigh, "If ye are desperate I suppose I can help you out. I have a ship a moored a mile or so away from here."
"You really think I would go pirating with you?" she asked surprised.
"It's your choice, love."
Jade sighed. She knew she couldn't run forever.
"I guess were off then."

A month or two of merry sailing, a friendship was formed between the two ladies. Treasures taught her how to work a pistol without blinding herself or her mates and crafted her a blade. By the time they docked in Tortuga, Jade was ready to call herself a bon afide pirate.
Tortuga's stench was misery on Jade's nose and the men were as ugly as her ex-fiance or as ravious as the barkeep in Edinburgh. Despite Jade's constant complains, Treasures felt at home her but she seemed more distant around others.
One day she relieved her of her duties amd told her "to seek her own fortune around the island." So Jade walked around the island looking for some joy but came up empty-handed... until she met a young handsome captain of a new ship in the harbor.
The large man donned a admiral's hat over his long dreadlocks and had a smile that suggested his joy in the sight of treasure and blood.
Jade watched him and she swooned on the docks as he walked by.
"Who is that man?" she asked one of the dockworkers.
"That? Blimey if I know," he said with a frown. "I hear though he captains a powerful vessal, The Harkaway."
"Well he sounds like a man worth meeting," she said with a smile.

hahah aww i didnt get to kill anyone :sad1: and u made me sound so innocent hahah
Harkway oh please the harkway is a dinghy...my ship is big and strong and fierce and wicked haha
Please honor my ship the wiked witch with a visit and bring treasures with you 

Wh
Harkway oh please the harkway is a dinghy...my ship is big and strong and fierce and wicked haha
Please honor my ship the wiked witch with a visit and bring treasures with you 
oaaaaaaaaaa. Whoaaaaaaaa i just remembered the harkwAy is jolly rogers ship omg how on earth wud you find that handsom 

Now the exciting conclusion:

The handsome captain met Jade over a tankard of grog. The two talked casually but Jade would laugh at his jokes and hold his rough hands suductivly.
"So what's your name, sir?" she said with a smile.
"Me name? Roger, captain of the Harkaway. And you are?"
"Jade O'hayes, first mate to Captain Treasures."
The large pirate smiled and they talked of days to come.

Months past and Roger's crew went of joint raids with Treasures's crew. The two crews were happy together and a relationship blossomed between Roger and Jade. They whispered of a wedding on the docks of tortuga.
"Oh, isn't it wonderful?" Jade asked Treasures one night as Roger was away. It was a clear evening as the golden rays of the sun sank below the sea. The girls stood in Treasures's cabin as they converse.
"Roger? He's a good pirate," she said bluntly.
"And a good man," said Jade as she counted her loot. She was saving up to buy a wedding gown.
"A good man can not be a good pirate nor a good pirate be a good man," Treasures replied. She didn't look up from her map.
"Why are you so closed hearted?" Jade snapped.
"I don't trust him," she said with a sigh, eyes still fixed on the map, "He is too bloodthirsty. Did you, last week he attacked a simple fisherman's boat because he was hungrey?"
Before Jade could retaliate a stocky fellow walked in.
"Hello Bo Beck," said Treasures as she casually hid the gold. She trusted Bo as much as Roger.
"Me lady," he said in a high voice, "Come quick! Roger's gotten himself to some trouble!"
The ladies followed Bo Beck as they raced through the streets of Tortuga.

In the Faithful Bride, a tavern frequently inhabited by some of the most notorious rougues, a man in dreadlocks smirked at Roger. A crowd roared around them and some were ready to unsealth there swords.
"What's going on here?" said Treasures in a voice that made the room go quiet.
"This cheeky little gint owes Roger money!"said a voice from Roger's crew.
A chorus of ayes chimed in.
"Is this true?" said Jade as she readied her dagger.
"M'lady," said the man, "There is no need for violence. This poor bloke is greatly mistaken."
"Is that so sir? And who might you be?" questioned Treasures.
"Captain Jack Sparrow, captain of the Black Pearl and Pirate Lord of the Caribbean, at your service."
Roger's lips flicked into a crooked smile.
"A lord, eh?" said Roger, "Seeing that I'm in the precense of a lord perhaps we could work out a deal, eh?"
"I'm listening..." said Jack.
"Let's say we try our luck at the cards mate. You win ye got of free, but if I win, I get your Piece of Eight."
The crowd whispered in amazement.
"Not feeling luckly, Sparrow?" smirked Roger.
All eyes turnered to Jack. Would he be a coward and keep his title as Lord of the Caribbean? Or will he be a fool and risk it? "Triffles," he replied, "luck is one of the many skills I'm blessed with. Shall we?"
The pirates gave a cheer as they sat down to the poker table.
Jade approched Roger, "Are you sure you know what your doing?"
Before answering he called out into the crowd, "Amo Dorsi, get out here and deal the cards for us."
Jade's eyes lite up as a slim old man with a golden nose ring stepped out of the crowd. Jade never knew his name but heard of his great voodoo powers. He was said to give anyone luck for just the right price.
"You plan to cheat?" she whispered.
"Is their any other way to win?" he replied with a laugh.
Roger sat down across from Jack as Amo began shuffling the cards. The pirates were laughing and cheering so loud that no one but Jade could hear the witchdoctor's chants as he delt the cards.
Jack put his piece of eight into the center of the table, a Siamese coin woven into Morrocan beads. Roger grinned at the sight.
With the cards delt, Roger gave a smile, "Haha! Look's like your piece is now mine!"
He showed his cards; three queens.
Roger's crew bursted into celebration. "Drinks for everyone!" yelled Bo Beck.
Jack simply said, "Think again, mate!"
With a dramatic wave of his hand he placed down three aces and two jacks; a full house. It was Jack's crew's turn to celebrate. Jack, took his piece of eight, rosed and lead his mates out of the taven and back to their ship leaving Roger in rage.
"Darn you Jack Sparrow! I'll drag ye down to the Locker meself!" he roared. He pulled out his sabre and swund it around, breaking mugs and tables. All the pirates left in fear of Roger. All who remained with Roger were Treasures, Jade and Amo Dorsi.
"You!" Roger pointed at Amo, "You lied!"
He swung his sabre at the witchdoctor.
"You said he was no match for us!"
He swung again, this time closer.
"You said I was supposed to win!"
"Roger stop it!" yelled Jade, to frightened to move.
"Your betrayel shall be your death!" said Roger, ignoring Jade's plea.
Grabbing Amo's shirt, he held him in the air as he reached out his pistol.
"I hope to see you in hell," Amo spat.
Roger pulled the trigger and the bullet whizzed into Amo's chest, breaking skin, muscle and bone.
Roger left himl lying on the ground and turned his back to him. As his anger die down a bit he reached for a glass of rum.
But then a whisper was heard;
"Death can not stop and nor shall it stop you! I am one of the dead and so shall you! I curse your flesh to rot and your body deformed! I curse you to walk the earth, forever as a monster!"
Roger fell down and gave a bloodcurdling scream. Bo Beck and Jade reached for him but drew back in horror. His skin had rotted away, showing off his gleaming, smiling skull. His right hand was now permently conjoined with his pistol. He tried to stand up but he was unbalanced. His right leg was now transformed into a evil-looking hoof.
He was quiet when he asked them, "Bring me a mirror."
Bo Beck stumbled to the back of the room and returned with a silver mirror. He handed it to Roger slowly.
The cursed pirate looked into the mirror and gave another roar. The witchdoctor cursed him and now he will extract revenge on the man who brought him to this state. He would kill Jack Sparrow.

So now Jade was back on the beach on Tortuga gather firewood. She hated those few memories but knew they would soon be replace with new ones. With a flint, she lit the firewood and listen to the cracking of the flames. Then she poured some of the potion she stolen from a gyspsy in Cuba over the fire. Slowly a green mist crawled from the fire and a shape of a familar pirate appeared.
"Roger my love!" she said as her heart nearly leapped out of her chest.
"Have you any information about Rott?" he said gruffly. His smokey body was as frightening as his real one.
"Those idiots have made no progress but I think he will be in our hands soon," she said with a smile.
"Good, and does Treasures questions your loyalty?" he said as he inspected his pistol-arm.
"She has no clue of our dealings. But-"
"But what?" hissed Roger.
Jade gave a sigh and said, "She plans to sail with Walter to the Coast of Padres and plans to battle the Company in one months time."
"Rott must be in our clutches by then, understood?" he growled.
"Yes Roger, anything for you..."

Excellent, Capt ... I never knew the entire story about it even though I watched every movie. So is your version a real story that is not captured by the big screen movies?

The Jolly becoming what he is today? That story you mean? Well I use the same story Disney made but added me own details and also a love interest i.e. you.

jolly_roger.gif
Excellent, Capt ... I never knew the entire story about it even though I watched every movie. So is your version a real story that is not captured by the big screen movies?

Jolly Roger wasnt in the movies as a person, Jolly Roger is the Skull and Swords on the Famous pirate flag

Back