Of Rouges And Riches: Chapter 1- Preparing For The Battle

Captian Fear

Pirate Master
Admiral Camber walked across the docks of Port Royal. Sam Seabones gave a drunken greeting as he walked by. Camber rolled his eyes. Sam was believed to fraternize with various pirates and Camber, a proud redcoat, did not like the idea of pirates living in Port Royal, under the nose of the Crown.
To his left laid Fort Charles on the hill. The Fort was a victim of two separate attacks. The first was from an attack from the sea. A large black ship gave a volley of cannon fire, devastating the town and its inhabitants but the Fort still held. It wasn’t until a year later the Fort crumbled. Rumor said a careless agent of the East India Trading Company lit an accidental match over a cache of explosive weapons which was supposed to be used against the pirates that tread upon these waters. Another rumor emerged about a dark figure of mystery which he used his occult knowledge to destroy the town.
Camber had to laugh at this. They say he is a skeletal figure that wishes to take his revenge on some pirate lord. Ha, thought Camber, if a pirate could actually be a lord of anything but mischief.
Camber was expected at the Governor’s Mansion from a meeting with a certain nobleman. The Governor himself had business as he described a “supremely secret to the highest degree.” No one asked question as he sailed off to some unknown location. The man Camber was supposed to meet was some lord and was in command of the East India Trading Company. Camber never trusted the lord and his men. His employees always seemed like reformed ruffians, possible pirates in the agents clothes. But the Company was the only thing that allowed trade in the Caribbean Isles, so no one complained.
Camber arrived at the Mansion, in his best attire. His suit neatly polished and his wig freshly powdered, he practiced his charming smile. Then the maid answered the door.
“Welcome sir,” she said cheerfully.
“Good evening. I’m here to meet with a Lord Cutler Beckett, is he in?” said Camber.
“He has taken residence here while Governor Swan is away. This way sir.” She led him through the massive corridors of the mansion.
They came into a big room with a large table was set in front of them. A small man, dressed smartly in his black outfit, stood next to a lovely woman in white.
“Good evening Admiral,” said the small man, “I believe you know Miss. Swan.”
“Ah yes, soon to be Mrs. Turner I hear?” said Camber to Elizabeth Swan, the governor’s daughter.
“Yes, we plan to marry in the summer. We hope it doesn’t rain though.” As she talked Camber felt himself quickly falling in love with her. But he tried desperately to hide it.
“And you know me as Lord Cutler Beckett, as I hope you will address me?” As he said it, he gracefully sat down and took a sip of wine from his glass.
“Yes sir,” said Camber dryly.
“Very good,” he said as he took another sip. When he finished he continued, “May we dine?”

Miles later another dinner was held but in a not so gracefully manner. Bottles crashed and howls echoed around the island of Tortuga. These wild pirates brawled inside The Faithful Bride, one of the few buildings remaining after the destruction of the island, similar to Port Royal.
Pirates, being more superstitious folk believed a phantom caused this destruction. They dubbed him Jolly Roger. Some dock rats whisper of a conspiracy between him and Becket. No one is sure of this because no one wants to take action… except one man… Captain Walter.
The captain now sits with some of the most notorious pirates in the seven seas. One mate is John Foulroberts, wanted for munity against a commodore in the British Royal Navy, sat next him. John was born a nobleman and enjoyed sporting with a passion. He was an expert at fencing and riding. But he also felt uncomfortable in his gentlemen’s clothes. He knew there was a better life for him. So on the eve of his twentieth birthday, he ran off to sea. He disappeared every civilized man until he reappeared five years later as he pillaged his own father’s ships in the Gulf of Mexico.
Ben Cabingrin stood behind Walter as he flirts with a wench that hands him a mug of rum. Ben’s story is like any other pirate. He was once a famed privateer for England. He would sail and destroy any ship under the Spanish colors. After the war was over, he didn’t quite his roving years. He continued his life as a pirate. Legend has it that he stuck his privateering letter on a young British captain inside his gullet.
The last pirate was different. Instead of being another hairy man, she was a dainty lady. Her past is a mystery including her name. She goes by Elusive Treasures. She threatens any man that approaches her. Her features make her desired by all but her reputation made her feared.
Old Walter sat silently and listened to the chaos. He gave a chuckle at the sight of mayhem and then he spoke, “I have a job for you three.”
“That’s why ye called us?” asked Ben turning away from the very angry wench.
“What’s this about then?” asked John.
“I wish to hire you as me own privateers. I plan a new battle off the coast of Padres del Fuego.”
“I don’t sail around Padres,” said Ben as he took a sip of rum, “If anything, I point my foresails the other way.”
“The Royal Navy are more numerous there than the sharks. And don’t you forget about the blasted Company,” piped in John.
“Ah Johnny,” said Walter with a smile, “If you are afraid feel free to stay ashore.”
“We’re not scared,” replied Ben, “We just like living too much.”
“I would never strike you as a coward, Ben. I guessed you proved me wrong.”
The two pirates held faces us anger and shame. An awkward silence was held between the group.
“Why do you want to fight?” asked Treasures for the first time.
“Do I have your interest lass?” said Walter with a smile.
“Depends. Why do you want to fight?” she repeated.
Walter lost all the merry in his face. He looked around the old tavern and his eyes soon drifted outside.
“Our world isn’t safe for our kind anymore,” he said softly, “Someone must make a stand. Someone must stand up against the Company, Crown and anyone who tries to command us. I have lived to long. I’ve seen this rock of an island turn into a respectable city to a pirate port of call. I have even seen the British bomb this place to kingdom come. As for Padres, I hope that is the one thing in life that won’t change. The one thing that won’t be corrupt by the accursed British Empire.”
The whole tavern stopped there shouting and yelling during Walter’s tale. His voice had some enchantment over anyone who could hear. With this voice he told tales, gave orders, and issued threats. And as this voice reached the ears of the pirates, Treasures spoke, “I’m in.”
“So am I,” said John.
“I as well,” said Ben.
Walter laughed and said, “That’s the spirit me bucko’s! Meet me on Devil’s Anvil on one month’s time! Until then me friend’s think of the world and it’s riches!”
The old pirate left as did his colleagues into the night.

Treasures walked to the beach were her first mate Jade stood waiting in the moonlight.
She casually sipped a bottle of wine as Treasures approached her.
“I have orders Jade,” said Treasures silently.
“Aye captain, and what will they be?” Jade replied cheerfully.
“Find the crew and tell them to prepare our vessel for war. Stock up on all ammunition and sharpen our steel. We make sail to Devil’s Anvil in a month, understood?”
“Aye captain! But what is the nature of this adventure?” said Jade, as she stroke he cutlass as if she thought the battle would begin at any moment.
“I can’t tell ye that. Be patient and soon you will know.” And with that Treasures walked off to the docks.
Jade turned her back from the captain and walked into the deep jungle. She walked barefoot through dirt and stone. Unfinished graves were scattered around her revealing long dead corpses. The groundskeeper, Andres Mallet, frequently took long breaks that would last days at a time, to enjoy sweet, sweet rum.
A small fire burned beneath the primeval trees. Two figures could be seen through the flames flickers of light.
“’Ello Jade,” said the slim figure.
“Evening Mullet. How are you Solomon?” asked Jade.
The gruff looking pirate gave a snarl in reply.
“He’s just angry I bested him at cards,” snickered Mullet.
“Bloody liar,” said Solomon under his breath.
“Do not dare dishonor me tonight!” yelled Mullet as unsheathed his sword.
“You want a row? Prepare to be sent to Davy Jones’ Locker!”
A loud bang was heard.
Smoke blew over Jade’s pistol. “You may fight on your own time. Have you seen Rott yet? “
“Aye but he still won’t join us,” said Solomon.
“Should we bribe him again?” asked Mullet.
“Bribe him, threaten him do whatever you want,” said Jade, “ but be sure to be finished in one month’s time. By then were off to Padres, okay?”
“Aye,” said the pirates.
“Good, until then keep your head down and prepare yourself. I hear Ol’ Walt will try to stop us.”
“Don’t be daft,” said Solomon, “That old graybeard won’t cause us trouble.”
Jade lunged and grabbed Solomon by the neck, “You have no idea what he can do.”
EDIT (Mar 5, 2011 at 6:00 PM):
(Stupid thing won't finished let me have me more than 1000 characters)

HOLY COW THATS ALOT OF WORDS..... nice story though
pirate.wink.gif

Uh did you read it or were you intimidated by the words?
EDIT (Mar 5, 2011 at 6:03 PM):
I'll finishe the chapter later

Okay here's the rest:

Ben and John stood by the docks leading into the vast swamp that covers Tortuga. A dozen or so alligators laid below them.
“What a fool Walter is,” said Ben suddenly.
“Don’t let him hear that,” replied John as he cleaned his pistol, “He will run you through.”
“But I don’t get how Walter deems us fit for this little adventure,” Ben said.
“If not us, who else?” said John with a smile.
“Well… there is always the Brethren.”
John looked up thoughtfully. The Brethren Court were the leaders of the nine oceans. They were looked upon as pirate royalty. Anyone who was a lord would be treated with the highest respect.
“Well for one thing, they are pretty hard to locate,” said John as he continued cleaning his pistol.
“I bet we could find them…” said Ben. His mind seemed to be somewhere else. “It would be a real adventure.”
“Aye …” said John. “But we don’t know any of them.”
“We do know one,” said Ben.
John smiled. “Fine, let’s go. But we’re taking my ship, deal?”
“Aye!”
And the two pirates walked off towards the docks.

Camber finished his meal and he said to Beckett with enough charm as could muster, “Thank you sir for the dinner, but what is the reason for my arrival here is.”
“Besides the fact of your good company, I have a job for you,” said Beckett as he wiped his lips with a silk napkin. “To the east of here, lies an island with a volcano.”
“Padres Del Fuego.”
“So you heard of it?” said the lord, “We heard reports piratical matters coming from those shores. I am ordering you to set your ship, The Predator, towards Padres and patrol those waters. Our plans are at risked. You must stop it. Understood?”
Camber sighed. He would miss Port Royal but his orders were the only thing that kept him from piracy. “When do I sail?”
“Immediately,” said Beckett as he rose.
Camber rose from his seat and gave a quick bow, “I’m off sir. It was a lovely meal. Thank you Lord Beckett, thank you Miss. Swan.”
Camber walked away from the mansion and looked to the horizon. To the west a large moon hung ominously in the sky. In the east was a blood soak sun rising over the water. A new day has dawned and a new battle will be fought.

Okay here's the rest:

Ben and John stood by the docks leading into the vast swamp that covers Tortuga. A dozen or so alligators laid below them.
“What a fool Walter is,” said Ben suddenly.
“Don’t let him hear that,” replied John as he cleaned his pistol, “He will run you through.”
“But I don’t get how Walter deems us fit for this little adventure,” Ben said.
“If not us, who else?” said John with a smile.
“Well… there is always the Brethren.”
John looked up thoughtfully. The Brethren Court were the leaders of the nine oceans. They were looked upon as pirate royalty. Anyone who was a lord would be treated with the highest respect.
“Well for one thing, they are pretty hard to locate,” said John as he continued cleaning his pistol.
“I bet we could find them…” said Ben. His mind seemed to be somewhere else. “It would be a real adventure.”
“Aye …” said John. “But we don’t know any of them.”
“We do know one,” said Ben.
John smiled. “Fine, let’s go. But we’re taking my ship, deal?”
“Aye!”
And the two pirates walked off towards the docks.

Camber finished his meal and he said to Beckett with enough charm as could muster, “Thank you sir for the dinner, but what is the reason for my arrival here is.”
“Besides the fact of your good company, I have a job for you,” said Beckett as he wiped his lips with a silk napkin. “To the east of here, lies an island with a volcano.”
“Padres Del Fuego.”
“So you heard of it?” said the lord, “We heard reports piratical matters coming from those shores. I am ordering you to set your ship, The Predator, towards Padres and patrol those waters. Our plans are at risked. You must stop it. Understood?”
Camber sighed. He would miss Port Royal but his orders were the only thing that kept him from piracy. “When do I sail?”
“Immediately,” said Beckett as he rose.
Camber rose from his seat and gave a quick bow, “I’m off sir. It was a lovely meal. Thank you Lord Beckett, thank you Miss. Swan.”
Camber walked away from the mansion and looked to the horizon. To the west a large moon hung ominously in the sky. In the east was a blood soak sun rising over the water. A new day has dawned and a new battle will be fought.
Awesome!

ty , keep me going captain fear. me like the plot so far.
what is my next adventure.
hanging on with anticitpation
ps
very few prirates know elusive's secret name of Luci. Keep it under cover.

ty , keep me going captain fear. me like the plot so far.
what is my next adventure.
hanging on with anticitpation
ps
very few prirates know elusive's secret name of Luci. Keep it under cover.
haha its on the forums now luci :)
EDIT (Mar 6, 2011 at 6:24 PM):
LOVED to! Muahahahaha ...
Unfortunately, I might not be the one, since Jade would probably be the wishy-washy kind ... :rolleyes:
RUDE!!!!!!!

Back