Suggestion Official Forum Medals Suggestion Thread

1. I remember a thread from a while back that suggested people should get a badge if they ever had more likes than posts, which might be a good idea.
2. You could also set up one of those 'infection' badges, where to get infected someone who is already infected would have to like one of your posts.
3. You could also tie in TLOPO character stats to the piratesforums, adding special badges to display for maxing fishing, etc.

(Here's my quick rant about holiday badges)
The forum badges give more attention to holidays that not everyone celebrates, and I don't think you could be rightfully offended by this if there's a holiday badge for something you don't personally celebrate. Other religions might not celebrate Christmas, Europeans (like me) might not celebrate Thanksgiving, and this is absolutely fine, and having a badge for every individual holiday for all cultures/religions could clutter the forums, and make badges feel less unique. Can't wait for the Easter badge :D

1. I remember a thread from a while back that suggested people should get a badge if they ever had more likes than posts, which might be a good idea.
2. You could also set up one of those 'infection' badges, where to get infected someone who is already infected would have to like one of your posts.
3. You could also tie in TLOPO character stats to the piratesforums, adding special badges to display for maxing fishing, etc.

(Here's my quick rant about holiday badges)
The forum badges give more attention to holidays that not everyone celebrates, and I don't think you could be rightfully offended by this if there's a holiday badge for something you don't personally celebrate. Other religions might not celebrate Christmas, Europeans (like me) might not celebrate Thanksgiving, and this is absolutely fine, and having a badge for every individual holiday for all cultures/religions could clutter the forums, and make badges feel less unique. Can't wait for the Easter badge :D

Just a quick reply to the rant - I love the 2nd idea by the way :p

Of course theres no way to accommodate everybody and all religions and cultures etc. (in Greece instead of christmas tree for example in previous year they would put lights and decorate a small wooden ship for example). But in any case, the medals are there and its displayed what exactly it is, the person can always post to get it or not post if they don't feel like they should have it - if it doesn't represent them. Apart from that, theres also a section in your profile that lets you organize the medals you want to show, so it will look less cluttered this way, I don't think many know about this though yet.

EDIT: image attached

Attachments

• medals.jpg
    medals.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 283
Just a quick reply to the rant - I love the 2nd idea by the way :p

Of course theres no way to accommodate everybody and all religions and cultures etc. (in Greece instead of christmas tree for example in previous year they would put lights and decorate a small wooden ship for example). But in any case, the medals are there and its displayed what exactly it is, the person can always post to get it or not post if they don't feel like they should have it - if it doesn't represent them. Apart from that, theres also a section in your profile that lets you organize the medals you want to show, so it will look less cluttered this way, I don't think many know about this though yet.

EDIT: image attached

I completely agree with this, those who do not celebrate a holiday do not need to get the medal in the first place, and as not everyone can be represented by the medals, it's better off if the forums just stick to what Americans typically celebrate, as this will cater for most of the community, and save a certain Digital Artist a lot of work :p

I completely agree with this, those who do not celebrate a holiday do not need to get the medal in the first place, and as not everyone can be represented by the medals, it's better off if the forums just stick to what Americans typically celebrate, as this will cater for most of the community, and save a certain Digital Artist a lot of work :p

Tbh, theres quite a lot of europeans here also as well as people from other continents, it would be best if we weren't excluding them out. Plus the certain Digital Artist loves her work so the more the better for her, each thing will be special in its own way haha, but thank you for considering it ;) I'm sure the Staff will make the appropriate decisions when its time

Tbh, theres quite a lot of europeans here also as well as people from other continents, it would be best if we weren't excluding them out. Plus the certain Digital Artist loves her work so the more the better for her, each thing will be special in its own way haha, but thank you for considering it ;) I'm sure the Staff will make the appropriate decisions when its time

The Americans will celebrate pretty much anything anyway, so there's not too many being excluded :D As long as you enjoy it, please continue making this website look beautiful in whatever way you and the staff sees fit. :)

Agreed. :D

A 50 in front of two crossbones? The 50 being in gold

I like the idea of 50 yes, gold I advise against because it doesn't fit the pirate theme much, but a more bronze/copper tone would for sure, or brassy. I was hoping for something different besides crossbones too but thats fine it could be kept

I like the idea of 50 yes, gold I advise against because it doesn't fit the pirate theme much, but a more bronze/copper tone would for sure, or brassy. I was hoping for something different besides crossbones too but thats fine it could be kept
Good point. Perhaps if this even would fit, all the basic logos of the weapons. Such as, Sword, gun, dagger etc circling around the copper/bronze 50?

What if we could have guild specific medals on the forums? For example, I'm in the TLOPO guild "Partners N Crime," so we could design a little guild medal or symbol and have it awarded to our members in order to represent our guild on the forums. I just think it could be a fun addition to the forums. :)
Thoughts, comments, concerns?

What if we could have guild specific medals on the forums? For example, I'm in the TLOPO guild "Partners N Crime," so we could design a little guild medal or symbol and have it awarded to our members in order to represent our guild on the forums. I just think it could be a fun addition to the forums. :)
Thoughts, comments, concerns?
I would like to have this implemented on the forums. The owner of the guild or the co guildmaster could make a logo and you would have to search your guild to get the medal.

Back