Suggestion Official Forum Medals Suggestion Thread

Hey all,

Since we've gotten a few requests as of late, I wanted to make an official thread for the community to suggest new forum medals.

If you're wondering what "medals" are, they're simply little badges that are awarded to your forum account by the PF staff team in return for completing a task. You can view a list of all current medals here: https://piratesforums.co/help/medals

With that being said, do remember that when making your suggestion that the medal is reasonably attainable by everyone on the forums - not just a select group of individuals. As well - and it should go without saying - all suggestions should be appropriate.

Be creative and have fun with this - medals are a great way to encourage participation in the forums!

Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

JFR and the PF Staff Team

Last edited:
As we have entered the holiday seasons I suggest an award for winter holiday traditions. We consist of people of different faith, customs and traditions. Perhaps a Holiday Traditions award could be created and awarded to those who share something about what they are celebrating/honoring/practicing this season. I would find it truly exciting to read about the different traditions honored among our numbers. Some celebrate Christmas, Kwanza, Hanukkah etc in very different ways. Just a thought.

Sounds like a pretty good idea mate :D However, what if someone or someone's family doesn't really celebrate Christmas or doesn't really have any winter traditions like mine? I come from a Islamic family if anyone was wondering and yea we don't celebrate Christmas which is a bummer, but it is what it is :p But still, it's a pretty cool idea mate :D

I dig this idea, i think in order to earn said badge they should inform us a little on what they celebrate (maybe a little history or just what they practice at this time of year), but then as David said, some faiths don't have a holiday that corresponds with Christmas. Kind of intrigued to see what the others have to say on this...I'm totally open to suggestions. While this time of year i will mostly tell folks Merry Christmas i also understand Happy Holidays isn't a slight... more of the fact that I acknowledge that there are like 29 (I'm pretty sure that is right at least with the 7 Major Religions) from November 1st- January 15th. Hope we can come up with something that will work out for all of us ;)

Sounds like a pretty good idea mate :D However, what if someone or someone's family doesn't really celebrate Christmas or doesn't really have any winter traditions like mine? I come from a Islamic family if anyone was wondering and yea we don't celebrate Christmas which is a bummer, but it is what it is :p But still, it's a pretty cool idea mate :D

I thought about that when writing but I do not know much about Islam and many others. If it isn't an intrusion I'd be interested in how others view this season through the eyes of those not involved in the traditions. (Probably a new thread. I need to be educated on threads as it is somewhat confusing to me but I hope to learn.) When playing POTCO I often wondered about this because there were 'traditional' holiday decorations around the islands around December as well as costume items to be bought. I believe that this could be an opportunity to enlighten our members (and myself) as we are more and more a gloal community.
Perhaps a new thread is in order to cover this. Perhaps a 'Cultural Traditions' award/badge/medal or whatever for a 'one time post' of a tradition or holiday special to us not restricted to this particular month. If this is an acceptable idea I can try to work on details if the powers that be would like.
I hope that this is the right place to reply. Thank you David for bringing this up.

Can I just butt in here a bit and say that the medals for winter season have already been designed, but as @John Foulroberts said, ''I wanted to make an official thread for the community to suggest new forum medals.''

So I'm assuming what he meant would be medals for general purposes of the forums or game and not season or holiday related as there will be medals created for those periods of time regardless ;) (correct me if I'm wrong though). But yeah mainly just wanted to give a heads up for ideas to any other medal or occasion that has nothing to do with holidays and such :hamster:

EDIT: It would also be helpful or just inspiring if you could provide a more detailed description of each medal and not just the title because somebody could interpret it differently

Can I just butt in here a bit and say that the medals for winter season have already been designed, but as @John Foulroberts said, ''I wanted to make an official thread for the community to suggest new forum medals.''

So I'm assuming what he meant would be medals for general purposes of the forums or game and not season or holiday related as there will be medals created for those periods of time regardless ;) (correct me if I'm wrong though). But yeah mainly just wanted to give a heads up for ideas to any other medal or occasion that has nothing to do with holidays and such :hamster:

EDIT: It would also be helpful or just inspiring if you could provide a more detailed description of each medal and not just the title because somebody could interpret it differently
I'm looking forward to see what the April Fools one will be lol. A troll face would be neat but wouldn't really leave much for you to design :p

Idea: When beta launches, have a medal for the occasion. I suggest have it be a light sloop, to signify starting out :)

Back