Event OFFICIAL The Legend of John Yellowrat: Book of Secrets thread!

John Yellowrat

Notorious Pirate
Ahoy! My name is John Yellowrat. I've played POTCO/TLOPO for many many years, and one of my favorite things to do on the game is to make videos! Along those lines, in my professional career I want to be a professional filmmaker. Therefore I am going to attempt the most ambitious video project in the history of MMORPGs (as far as I know). I am going to make a full-length feature film on TLOPO, but it is a massive project, and I need as much help as I can get.

This is going to be a real movie, with real cinematography and sound effects and dubbed-over dialogue. You will not have to say any dialogue - I will do that myself, unless of course I get some volunteers to lend their voices to the film.

The shots will not look like this:
screenshot_2017-07-03_15-27-13.jpg

Instead they will look like this:
screenshot_2017-07-03_15-27-21.jpg

I'm sure plenty of y'all are scoffing at me already, but I am fully dedicated to this project, I already have a 54 page script written. I know that if we put our minds to it, we can accomplish anything.

So anyways, here is the logline:

A young pirate, John Yellowrat, must fix his past mistakes and save the Caribbean by finding the Lost Book of Secrets.

Now for the characters, there are 6 major characters in the movie, they are as follows:

John Yellowrat - A young and brave pirate who is out on the seas in search of freedom. He has a sense of guilt pressing over him and he must fix his past mistakes by finding the Book of Secrets and use it to save the Caribbean.

Rudy Sunstar - John's first mate. He is slightly more skeptical and unnerved about everything than John is. He has a tragic yet ambiguous background that troubles him on a daily basis.

Catherine Williams - She used to be a loyal citizen of Port Royal, but Lord Cutler Beckett moved in and started being too much like a dictator and so she left in search of freedom. She has the biggest moral center in the group. She shows sympathy and compassion when others may not.

Captain Ezekiel Rott - The Guildmaster of the Casa De Muertos guild. He is a sketchy character with questionable morals and values. He is always looking to one-up his rival, Captain Walter of the Marceline guild.

Jolly Roger - The baddest of the bad, the most evil and notorious creature in the Caribbean. He was tricked by John and as a result, was turned into the skeletal monster he is. Ever since then, he has been on a rampage of death and destruction throughout the Caribbean in search of revenge.

Charles Warmonk - A bulky, tough, pirate. He usually likes to wear very dark colors. He is a bit of a smart aleck, and he likes to make fun of other peoples mistakes. He is also very good at steering ships.

Now the more minor characters:

Amo Dorsi - The mysterious gypsy who cursed Jolly Roger.

A bunch of Navy, EITC, and Undead extras.

Lord Cutler Beckett - The vile leader of the EITC's Caribbean expansion.

Bo Beck - A shady sailor who makes a deal with Jolly Roger, only to backstab him later.

Ezekiel Rott's crew -
Bill Barrett

Samuel Shaw
Nathan Gould
Jeremiah Dedman
Ramona Vda De Guerra

Captain Walter - The Guildmaster of the Marceline Guild

Captain Walter's crew -
Xavier Hench

Ben Bowman
Catherine Harcourt
Rose Winsome
Ruby Wynn
Thatch Roberts
Sandra Tew
Bonnie O'Bailey

Now of course I need people to play the characters. I will now list all of the characters in the movie and leave a space next to their names, if you are interested in playing a certain character, reply to this thread with the character you've chosen AND a full-body picture of your pirate if possible; and I will add your name next to the character you've chosen in the following list:

I will not add your name to the list immediately, I will close the thread once I get a request for every character, and then I will choose who I think would be best in each individual role, kind of like auditions. Please don't send me hate mail for not selecting you.

Not everyone can be John Yellowrat!

Don't just pick any random character; think about what character you personally would be the best for.

John Yellowrat -
Rudy Sunstar -
Catherine Williams -
Captain Ezekiel Rott -
Jolly Roger -
Charles Warmonk -
Amo Dorsi -
2 or 3 Navy Soldiers -
2 or 3 EITC Soldiers -
2 or 3 Undead Soldiers -
Lord Cutler Beckett -
Bo Beck -
Bill Barrett -
Samuel Shaw -
Nathan Gould -
Jeremiah Dedman -
Ramona Vda De Guerra -
Captain Walter -
Ben Bowman -
Catherine Harcourt -
Rose Winsome -
Ruby Wynn -
Thatch Roberts -
Sandra Tew -
Bonnie O'Bailey -

I need people who are committed to making this film, and won't get mad at me when I want to film a scene.

And now anyone who wants to lend their voice to the film, we will figure out the minutia of the voicework at a later date.

Voiceovers -

Thank you for reading this ridiculously long post. Let's make some movie magic! :)

Hi John, I had heard about this movie you are about to set up and was quite eager give my service. I think this would be a great project, one which i'd definitely enjoy take part of. I was thinking about take the role of a voice actor as I can use specific voice tones and adapt well to the current situation. I have quite a solid voice and can speak with various accents. Because of this I think the best part for me to play would be of someone noble or rather a commander or leader. My pirate, as shown in the picture has quite a large and built figure, which makes it well suitable for the role I intend to play. I also have a variety of clothes, if that helps. Thanks for taking your time to read this, If I do not get chosen, I wish you all the best on this project, I will definitely be looking forward to seeing it.

Sincerely, Kyle/Sanctus.

Hi John, I checked out what you have so far and I think it's pretty good!

I miiiiiiiiiiight be interested in helping. Possibly even with a voiceover. I have a pretty limited schedule, but I'd be willing to at least try!

Back