Screenshots Old POTCO

Did you play back in the days of the old islands? (2007-2009)

• Total voters
I remember that there was an "Easter egg" on Outcast Isle where you could find the "Prison Dog" (the scruffy little dog from the first couple of Pirates of the Caribbean movies that held the jail cell keys in his mouth) just standing around on one of the islands with the keys in his mouth. He wouldn't do anything, but it was cool being able to find him. I used to have a screenshot of him on a level 28 account before my Windows Vista computer had a hard drive failure :cry: Good times lol

Unfortunately, I don't have any screenshots since I was only a free trial member, and thus played it for a short amount of time around 2007 (Founder) before I was out of things to do. But I do remember it being SO INSANELY LAGGY that me and my friends could barely do anything -- one of them just altogether gave up after a speed of 1 fpm (1 frame per minute)... and he was online for like a total of 15 minutes, unable to move in Port Royal.

TLOPO finally allows me to enjoy the game -- both because everything is unlocked now, and because I can actually do stuff without being lost in lagland. I also brought back my friends who could hardly enjoy it back then, now that they can finally play without the game being like a powerpoint presentation. Very nice.

Basically, you missed out on a lot of lag in the really early days lel

These are interesting to see. I played the game a little when it released. I was probably 6 at the time (18 now). But I didn't really play or at least know how to. I just sailed and ran around. So TLOPO is pretty much how I see Pirates Online. Like I can't compare the two or remember features that TLOPO doesn't have.

Back