Ole Miss sanctions

John Yellowrat

Notorious Pirate
Okay so personally I agree with the sanctions, but I think the NCAA handled it the wrong way - they closed the investigation and sent a letter to Ole Miss - then Laremy Tunsil posted that video at the draft and they reopened the investigation and dug deeper and deeper until they found something new, which doesn't seem right. What do y'all think?

what?

ncaa?

laremy tunsil?

what is going on?

context?

anything?
Its not E-Sports :p

I agree with the whole situation because the Ole Miss coaching staff technically did break NCAA rules. When Laremy Tunsil posted that video at the draft, he claimed his social media was hacked, which is believable, because who would post a vid of themselves smoking right before they get drafted, so I wouldn't blame this whole situation on Laremy. Tunsil also admitted that he received cash from Hugh Freeze which is a major violation of NCAA rules.

I don't think anyone disagrees with the sanctions placed on Ole Miss, considering their practices are not defined as legal by NCAA and honestly unfair all in all.

The Ole Miss program has always been "suspect" to me for a long time. Not to accuse Hugh Freeze's character, but ever since he was hired in 2011 very talented players in the state of Georgia suddenly went to Ole Miss. This made no sense as Ole Miss was struggling and while yes Hugh is a great coach... it was still odd. Not sure if many know, but Georgia, Texas, California and Florida are the general hotbeds of talent when it comes to high school football and as a Georgia fan I thought it was odd, now, of course, we lose Georgia high school players to Bama, Auburn etc but NEVER to Ole Miss until now... that's when my suspicions were raised. When all the Tunsil nonsense came out that confirmed all my suspicions and it was only a matter of time. Hopefully, Ole Miss can prosper without cheating from now on, this is a warning from the NCAA to other schools as well.

Sorry for the long post but I had to rant a bit on those sanctions. :p

They beat Alabama twice, just goes to show that some teams just can't beat us without cheating!! ROLL TIDE!!!

Back