Omg My Pirate Just.......

Will Nightwolf

Legendary Pirate
Site Founder
This is a new thread were you can say something about your pirate that you just can't keep inside and you want to tell people.:drink:

Omg My Pirate Just Mastered To Level 50
MasterdPirate.jpg

My Level up photo from 8/23/2010

level_up.jpg

I was really surprised at how long it took me to get there. It actually took me a couple of years which is pretty shameful considering my test character has gone from level 2 to 22 in only a couple of months. With the test character I usually get only an hour or so a day if that.
This Character I of course took over a month at a time off from pirates especially when I was level 38 and they changed the max level from 40 to 50! I completely stopped playing up until they started piling on all the other updates. I also stop playing whenever work becomes super busy.

I have grown very attached to him especially where allegedly they literally dont offer characters with same graphics resolutions any more or quite the same appearance. I dont really buy into that so much though.

I think the quests they have now are a little easier as well as the ability to earn points and gold. I know my test character is not having nearly as much difficulty as I have had with Sven. With the new updates my test character very rarely purchases anything and converts all of his plundered items, with the exception of a special few, into gold. Until Sven reached level 30 or so he pretty much starved trying to earn gold to get that next ship...lol. I dont know yet which way I like the game better.... lol

I haven't much hope someone will care enough to read this :p I have played since the first beta (~April '07), and a lot has changed over time. We had to start over with the 2nd beta phase, beginning September or October of the same year. When the game went live on Halloween, our characters were moved to the test server and we were given a launcher to play there. At the time I was a part of the guild Destroyers, which was pretty large for test. When they announced the pre-sale, I purchased immediately (coming with a subscription for live, founder status, and a crew kit with a cloth map of the game, and a flag, among other things). I didn't have much of a desire to play on the live server considering my friends and character were already on test. I only played on the live server when test was down, bringing my character on live only to level 9.

During the 2nd beta phase I met Samantha Wildwalker. After we mastered our test pirates at the cap of 40 in June of '08, I was talked into playing other games. I had stopped playing entirely for over a year around Halloween of '08, though I still followed events in the game. April of this year I came back, however because Disney took away the beta player's free unlimited access on test, most everyone I had known had left. I decided to continue playing on the live server. Carlos found me less than a week after, and I was asked to join Spania.

Six months later,
50.jpg

I wish I still had a screenshot of mastering at 40.

I think the quests they have now are a little easier as well as the ability to earn points and gold. I know my test character is not having nearly as much difficulty as I have had with Sven. With the new updates my test character very rarely purchases anything and converts all of his plundered items, with the exception of a special few, into gold. Until Sven reached level 30 or so he pretty much starved trying to earn gold to get that next ship...lol. I dont know yet which way I like the game better.... lol
I would agree many things in the game have been made simpler. I don't have a problem with challenges, but I think the game is fairly well balanced nowadays (some things could be more difficult.. like the Boss Battle).

Fantastic story Davy, Its great knowing someone thats has been there from the very beginning. I was always curious about how beta testers actually because the beta testers. You did answer that nagging question I have had recent months of what happened to the Founders. Seemed they were all over the place then all of sudden poof and the population had dwindled immensely.

There were another group of players that have since disappeared from view. Durring the first few months of playing I would chance by on occasion a type of guild that always had the lanterns above there heads no matter what. This is before they had upgraded guilds and chat features and I had always suspected that they were in game employees or something.

I got the players kit as well a few months after signing up. I love it to this day. My daughter and I would hang that flag up above our laptops for the whole weekend and she even had a pirate Halloween costume that she would dress up on occasion to play...lol. I love the flag and believe it or not I cant find anything like it at the Disney theme parks which kind of shocks me. I love the maps that came with it as well even though its of the old islands its still fun to look at and see what was. I dont know if they still make the kits. I actually emailed Disney when they started remaking the islands asking if I could get an updated map and I got reply back that pretty much said NO. They have the in-game map now which is very cool dont get me wrong but it does not look the same as having the map folded out on the table and following it to find your way about or just plain looking up general information on the weapons and what not. The kit was actually one of the things that made me a loyal player. Even during the months that I didn't play the game I stilled payed for membership partly because it really made me feel apart of something. I figured they must have spent a bit to send it to me...LOL.

my pirate also hit level 50 yesterday ,, My friend ALMAVERICK, was there to see... Fitting as he was the example of Spania that i had, and he told me all about my now favorite Guild,, Sadly he, is not in Spania at the moment due to an error and a misunderstanding, But I feel like he will come back soon.. But he refused to leave me in beckets quarry until he got to see "That level 50 Glow.". He is a good friend. And i owe him, He lead me to my new Pirate Family. Huzzah. BTW. This is my first time. after playing off and on for 2 years, That i have mastered a character.
But ,, now what?

picture.php

Good stories have been told here. Congratulations Veterans Pirates.
But I have a sad story.

I was married to a fisherman. He loved eating puffer fish (fugu).
I was tired of married life, for my spirit pirate surfaced.

One day, on purpose, I forgot to clean the gall of a delicious "fugu".

Following is the last memory of my late husband. it. lol... :D

Back