SvS On the subject of 1v1

tlonge

Honorable Pirate
PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT choose Abassa as your spot to do "1v1". It is annoying and really rattles my rigging. Its the busiest server, so it is plain rude to other players to claim it as your server to 1v1 each other on. Go to another lower population server if thats what you wish to spend time doing.

end rant.

Thanks

EDIT: Didn't see that this was SvS specific. Ignore this post.

That is how it has always been, makes sense to do so. It is a centralized meeting spot for pretty much everything, PvP being one of these things. Abassa has and will continue to be the spot to do this, it is the busiest server therefore it is the place most likely to find someone wanting to do a specific activity.

If it bothers you to see many people playing the game in such a way, maybe it is you who needs to change, and not them.

Last edited:
That is how it has always been, makes sense to do so. It is a centralized meeting spot for pretty much everything, PvP being one of these things. Abassa has and will continue to be the spot to do this, it is the busiest server therefore it is the place most likely to find someone wanting to do a specific activity.

If it bothers you to see many people playing the game in such a way, maybe it is you who needs to change, and not them.
Not to be rude but I don't see it that way at all. Abassa is the most populous server, therefore it is far more likely to have actual SvS going on. If people want to 1v1 and not have incidental interventions of other players then they ought to go to a smaller server for this. Not the other way around. If a ship is out on abassa I expect to be free to fire at them, not hold out for the sake of a 1v1. Especially if there are multiple boats out. Its just plain inconsiderate.

Not to be rude but I don't see it that way at all. Abassa is the most populous server, therefore it is far more likely to have actual SvS going on. If people want to 1v1 and not have incidental interventions of other players then they ought to go to a smaller server for this. Not the other way around. If a ship is out on abassa I expect to be free to fire at them, not hold out for the sake of a 1v1. Especially if there are multiple boats out. Its just plain inconsiderate.
Oh you are talking about SvS? My bad I didn't see the header lol. Well thats a different story. Because of the way the game is designed 1v1 SvS shouldn't ever be expected to be a fully viable gameplay, and players that do want to do so should try to do so on a server that doesn't normally have SvS on it. Althought I should note in the original game Andaba was the SvS server. I haven't really seen SvS take off much because of the various bugs with it I suppose.

Oh you are talking about SvS? Well thats a different story. Because of the way the game is designed 1v1 SvS shouldn't ever be expected to be a fully viable gameplay, and players that do want to do so should try to do so on a server that doesn't normally have SvS on it. Althought I should note in the original game Andaba was the SvS server. I haven't really seen SvS take off much because of the various bugs with it I suppose.
Yeah... sorry if that wasn't clear. Mostly its people in light sloops just taking turns sinking each other. Then they berate you in chat if you start firing at the other person because "it wasn't their turn to sink".

Back