One Of The Most Promising Games By Disney Interactive Studios, Canceled.

Jim Daggerskull

Site Founder
I know I am probably way behind on this, but I don't keep up with games very often. Yesterday, I decided to look up Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the darned, which I saw of the official POTCO site. I looked up trailers, It looked so fun! I saw on the trailers it was coming out this year(2011). So, I looked it up on Ebay to see if anyone was selling it. I typed in the first few words into Google search, and it gave me the result: Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the darned, Canceled. I was confused at first, so I read on. It said that Disney Interactive Studios canceled the game and it would never be released. I was so bummed. This goes to show how Misguided Disney can really be... So please post comments to help me better understand why the game was canceled. I still don't know why.

Lol.... People actually obey the rating thing? :p I was playing games rated Mature before I was even close to being old enough... Which I'm still not o_o

lol bazilla my parents let me play m rated games unless theres nudity in it lol they even let me plat Gears of war and if u look up gameplay of it ,,,, its very violent but for the pirates game that was canceled disneys main audience of consumers are preteens and children they dont really need to produce a M rated video game could u picture mickey mouse or Donald duck or Goofy dog endorcing a M rated video game? no i think not

disney wasted alot of money on armada of the darned its too bad to cuz i was looking forward to playing it now what do we have for a good pirates of the caribbean game

Well to answer your question young Jimbob, Armada of the Dammed was cancelled so the creators could make a Tron game.
I boycotted Tron for this.

But fear not! Some Asian developers have taken an intrest to POTC and their may be our savior! At least I hope they will

They took 'em out so we could have a "closer knit community". :mad:

it a lie they dont want to pay for the extra severs if they dont need them. i dont think they want to tell people yea were shutting down servers because of the lack of players that wont look good for the game
EDIT (Mar 20, 2011 at 4:15 PM):
Well to answer your question young Jimbob, Armada of the Dammed was cancelled so the creators could make a Tron game.
I boycotted Tron for this.

But fear not! Some Asian developers have taken an intrest to POTC and their may be our savior! At least I hope they will

actually alot of the company got laid off so they moved everyone from armada of the darned to tron if the company had enough money to pay the workers we might have had this game

It's really up to the parents. It's all to their discretion whether or not to let their 6 year old play this game.
And Disney, you could have given the rights to the game to another studio and taken your name outta it all. But, NO!! You had to go off and kill the entire project.
Many ppl were laid off that were working on this game and lost a lot of money just because Disney doesn't have enough sense to think of something else to do. Like I said, you could give it to a different company and, oh, I don't know, Change the title???? Think Disney!!! :)

It's really up to the parents. It's all to their discretion whether or not to let their 6 year old play this game.
And Disney, you could have given the rights to the game to another studio and taken your name outta it all. But, NO!! You had to go off and kill the entire project.
Many ppl were laid off that were working on this game and lost a lot of money just because Disney doesn't have enough sense to think of something else to do. Like I said, you could give it to a different company and, oh, I don't know, Change the title???? Think Disney!!! :)

well they were already working on it by the time all those people were laid off and knowing disney they didnt want some other company taking all the credit disney wants to makes some money off the game

They could've shared the profit?

yes but disney had already put a few million into the game and then when the company that was making it ;ayed off a more than half the people working on armada of the darned they moved all of them to finish the tron game so it could be released near the movie and it has been months so i doubt they will ever pick back up on armada of the darned

Back