Ongoing issues sorta resolved kinda for now so far maybe .... eh its a beta.. .. ..

squintz

Pirate Lord
Win10 AMD cpu. Nvidia 750ti.
Okay, So since the last official update maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago, my loading times on the production server from the first log in process all the way til I'm dropped on an island were extremely extended. Far beyond normal even for the beta that I've always experienced.
Late last week I started deleting in earnest every cache file and temp file I can find under tlopo. I've installed on a different drive other than c:/ and it's never been a problem. I do that with all my games. However, one thing I'm wondering is if tlopo still loads files to the c drive anyhow.

But, I noticed improvements when I deleted cache files. But today, I also deleted all logs, a cache.data file in the main Tlopo folder plus any cache/temps I could find in any other folder of Tlopo. When I just logged in a half hour ago, EVERYTHING was almost the fastest I've seen since the peppy update first was done. The game has slowly slowed down since that time and whatever I did was a vast improvement for now. Note: I did not uninstall the game in any way, just cache and temp files.

So, I suggest to anyone if the game has gotten inexplicably sluggish, at least give clearing all cache and temp folders in your Tlopo game folders a try. I don't really think this easy task will harm the game or anything else.

Last edited:
Back