Blog Post OPEN BETA

Posted by The Crew on Sept. 1, 2017, 2 p.m.
7K3r6lJ.jpg

Ahoy, everyone!

We're pretty sure you've already read the title of this post, but we'll say it again anyway! The Legend of Pirates Online is entering Open Beta on September 19th! Are you excited? Because we're excited! No more Beta Keys! No more time limits! Just you, your crew, and endless adventure!

This has been a long time coming! We've made so many steps to get to this point. We started with our Closed Alpha in September of 2015 and received an incredible response! In June 2016, we decided to open our gates to more players with our Semi-Open Alpha launch. With PlayTimes, anyone could access the game, even if they didn't have a key.

Then, in December 2016, we launched Semi-Open Beta with loads of new features! After such a success, things started to really pick up steam this year. This past May, we launched our second phase of beta, completely overhauling our backend code and adding tons of new features! In June, we removed PlayTimes and introduced the Queue!

We've made so much progress to get here, and we're thrilled to open the game up to an even wider audience! The Caribbean is about to get so much bigger! We will be adding a bunch of new servers once we go live. You might even see some familiar names coming back.

But we're not done! There's still so much to do! We have so many amazing things planned for the game, from the highly requested Raven's Cove Story Quest to some brand new unannounced original content that you should be hearing about very soon... Oh, and don't you worry! We're working hard to fix all the pesky bugs, as always!

Stay tuned, mates! We can't wait to embark on the next stage of our journey with you all -- we know you're going to love it! There's just one question left we need you to answer... 'Are you ready' to Relive the Legend?!

The Crew @ The Legend of Pirates Online

Last edited:
What exactly is there to go? I know invasions and the Raven's Cove Story Quests, but what else? Queen Anne's Revenge? Treasure fleets? Aside from bugs, what all features have yet to be released?

What exactly is there to go? I know invasions and the Raven's Cove Story Quests, but what else? Queen Anne's Revenge? Treasure fleets? Aside from bugs, what all features have yet to be released?
I'm pretty sure you got the bulk of it right there, that should only take a few months of developement at the least. Besides that, rejoice! One big step towards the finish line!!!

There really isn't that many bugs, If you do find any bugs, Make sure to report them via the in-game feedback panel.
yeah something has really messed up it seems i tried to join just as they started that rollback thing{figures} so somehow my whole reg. is all messed up but yes they are trying to fix it and they say hopefully in a day or so they should have it solved

This is such great news! Thank you to everyone who made this possible! We appreciate all the work you guys put into this project and is the BEST way to commemorate the anniversary of POTCO closing!

I'm extremely happy right now, not just for myself, but the developers too, who managed to get this project to this stage! :D

Back