Glitch Open Fire and Take Cover

I figured out a work around for this but have decided not to share it on these forums. Hopefully the TLOPO crew will fix sailing in general as this last update made it much worse.
I can respect that. ;) Hopefully prior to everyone posting any work-a-arounds, the actual problem becomes fixed if it is widespread enough.

*While great to be aware of,
all work-a-arounds ultimately defeat the very purpose of what a BETA is supposed to do (and that is, of course, to get to the ‘root problem’ of an issue and have it completely resolved).

Last edited by a moderator:
I can respect that. ;) Hopefully prior to everyone posting any work-a-arounds, the actual problem becomes fixed if it is widespread enough.

*While great to be aware of,
all work-a-arounds ultimately defeat the very purpose of what a BETA is supposed to do (and that is, of course, to get to the ‘root problem’ of an issue and have it completely resolved).
Yet a work around does make It bearable til time said when It gets a permanent fix , to keep a work around Is just plain selfish but kids will be kids !!

Yet a work around does make It bearable til time said when It gets a permanent fix , to keep a work around Is just plain selfish but kids will be kids !!

I reported the problem and the work around directly to tlopo staff so they can come up with a fix. Understanding my work around might help them fix the problem faster.

I just could care less about these forums. I have my reasons and they are far from selfish. But go on with the personal attacks and just keep demonstrating how flaming people is considered normal on these forums. Do you believe attacking someone calling them selfish is an inducement for them to share info with you? LOL quite the opposite I can assure you

If you actually want to talk about why someone might choose not to share here that might be the grown up thing to do.

Last edited:
iv had it a couple of times lastnight and the night before after playing for a few hours for open fire atleast(dont have take cover yet) i have not yet found a work around sadly

I reported the problem and the work around directly to tlopo staff so they can come up with a fix. Understanding my work around might help them fix the problem faster.
I appreciate you doing so.

I just could care less about these forums. I have my reasons and they are far from selfish. But go on with the personal attacks and just keep demonstrating how flaming people is considered normal on these forums. Do you believe attacking someone calling them selfish is an inducement for them to share info with you? LOL quite the opposite I can assure you

If you actually want to talk about why someone might choose not to share here that might be the grown up thing to do.

Why won't you share the workaround? I'd like to know it. Can you at least message me personally with it? I want to be able to play with my son without this annoying, persistent problem.

Thanks

Thanks Shamus Bro. He just loves to play this game, and his favorite thing is svs. He doesn't like seeing his dad frustrated over dying because I had no take cover. Believe me, I don't complain much in life, happy to be here, enjoying everything, every day. But this problem bro... About to head back in. Cover me!

Tiberius I am interested in why you won't share it. Do people abuse work arounds or something. Or are you concerned tlopo won't worry about fixing it if people can work around it?

OK, I found out what causes this, for me anyway, when it does happen, which is not every time I sail.
When I share my alt's ship and use the open fire, it won't work more than a few times once my alt is sailing the ship again, until a log out.
Then it works fine again.

Back