Suggestion Open World PvP Island: Isla de la Guerra Eterna

Like it?

• Yes

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Sure, but it would be better if... (Post Below.)

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

Aetherion

Honorable Pirate
Disclaimer: This idea is for after full release, seeing the complexity of it all.

Note: This will be broken into multiple sections based on different aspects of the Island.

Storyline: Two Spanish warlords, vying for control of a massive gold vein located in the caves of island, curse each other before their simultaneous deaths in an (Explosion? Attack? Voodoo Stuff? You decide,) causing the two to come back, and fight the battle to the bitter, and not-soon-to-arrive end. You the pirate, stumble across this island during one of your treasure expeditions, and must now choose a side, and battle both undead Spanish conquistadors and enemy pirates who have chosen the opposite side.

Gameplay: Both factions have a fortress on opposite sides of the island, only accessible to the pirates of that faction. PvP will take place in "Sub-Zones" AKA whenever you enter a tunnel. There will be three zones, each with two faction expedition camps, and one objective to capture. PvP itself is simple to understand. The primary goal is to capture all three points. The rewards for each capture will be a custom currency used to purchase cosmetic items, for your pirate and your ship. Victory over the entire island will reward the entire faction with 25% gold and experience gains from all sources for 1 hour, after which the next battle for island supremacy will begin.

Additional Ideas: The island could be located beyond Ravens Cove, about a 3 minutes journey at full speed.

Players will only be able to access this questline at level 50, due to the high-intensity PvP aspect.

Pirates will transform into their skeletal forms due to the remnants of the aforementioned curse, and thus, guns will be useable.

Isla de la Guerra Eterna translates to "Island of the Eternal War" in Spanish.

Last edited:
The Gameplay part was too complex for me to understand please explain it in a more simple way to me below.
otherwise.... THIS IS THE BEST IDEA EVER!

Ok, Ill divide it up some more.

The Mission: To capture bases scattered within tunnel zones (Forest, Mine, Etc.) Three in total. Your faction wins when you have captured all 3 points.

The reward: Special Currency for cosmetics per capture. 25% Exp Boost, 25% Gold Boost for 1 hour for the entire faction upon winning.

Thats basically it.

Ok, Ill divide it up some more.

The Mission: To capture bases scattered within tunnel zones (Forest, Mine, Etc.) Three in total. Your faction wins when you have captured all 3 points.

The reward: Special Currency for cosmetics per capture. 25% Exp Boost, 25% Gold Boost for 1 hour for the entire faction upon winning.

Thats basically it.
I still really like the idea but you should furthur clarify as to how exactly you capture a base and what happens when you die so on so on.

I mean for instance when killed do you just die or do you re-spawn somewhere on the island. By capturing a base do you mean just taking over it or stealing something ehh????
Ahh, Sorry. Basically a "Stand in one place for X amount of time." And yeah, once dead you respawn at the camps mentioned in the original post.

I was thinking because we already have Spanish characters and influence in the game (Garcia de Avaricia of Isla de la Avaricia, and the Undead Spanish) there could be something like African Warlords. During/Around this time in the Caribbean islands, slaves from Africa were brought over to help supply the needs of the New World, this was a part of the transatlantic slave trade. Because this is a new idea and would be bringing in different ideas, why not change it up even more.

Anyways, this was just my thought on the idea but this would be a great thing to see!

I was thinking because we already have Spanish characters and influence in the game (Garcia de Avaricia of Isla de la Avaricia, and the Undead Spanish) there could be something like African Warlords. During/Around this time in the Caribbean islands, slaves from Africa were brought over to help supply the needs of the New World, this was a part of the transatlantic slave trade. Because this is a new idea and would be bringing in different ideas, why not change it up even more.

Anyways, this was just my thought on the idea but this would be a great thing to see!
I don't really like this idea and here is why.
I understand that history does have the things you said at the time of the POTC movies but if you think about it, the Spanish were in POTC 3 and 4 and the french were too. The Spanish as specially. Even though I think there might have been an African captain who was one of the 9 who had a piece of eight in POTC 4, my point is I can't imagine battling a African Warload and African pirates/slaves/etc are not really mentioned in the movies. The Spanish are actually fought in the movies which makes more sense to fight them in POTC. I just can't really imagine seeing African/slaves/pirates/skeletons or anything and I think implementing that would make this game farther away from the movie which is exactly what I don't want. Besides skeletons pirates aren't in history :) Im not trying to be mean, just giving my opinion. Good thought though!

I don't really like this idea and here is why.
I understand that history does have the things you said at the time of the POTC movies but if you think about it, the Spanish were in POTC 3 and 4 and the french were too. The Spanish as specially. Even though I think there might have been an African captain who was one of the 9 who had a piece of eight in POTC 4, my point is I can't imagine battling a African Warload and African pirates/slaves/etc are not really mentioned in the movies. The Spanish are actually fought in the movies which makes more sense to fight them in POTC. I just can't really imagine seeing African/slaves/pirates/skeletons or anything and I think implementing that would make this game farther away from the movie which is exactly what I don't want. Besides skeletons pirates aren't in history :) Im not trying to be mean, just giving my opinion. Good thought though!

Jolly Roger was neither mentioned in the movies, nor in them.

Like the idea, but it kinda sounds like your trying to implement battlefield or COD into the game, which doesn't really fit the point/story of the game. However, I do like the concept that there is a whole island dedicated to pvp. Maybe instead of making capture zones just make it a certain number of kills, similar to how svs works. Just an idea, but I think you're onto something here!

The Movie Skeletons were due to a curse that the God placed upon the gold because Coretz was greedy.
The Video Game Skeletions were due to the fact that Jolly Roger shot a witch doctor who then cursed him.
Ha we can argue all day mate but I don't want to. Good point again though. BTW where does it say that Jolly Roger shot a witchdoctor?

Back