Question Openness to change

How open are you to bigger changes in the game?

• That would be great

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • That’s exactly what the game needs

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • We need slight changes / additions only

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • The game only needs to be streamlined, we don’t need major features added

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neutral

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

Gethro Omilda

Dockworker
With the current discussion for a system of trading which when done effectively, would greatly improve the game, I’d like to ask how the devs and the players feel about crazier ideas and suggestions to add to the game.
Of course, streamlining the game is a higher priority. I’ve been seeing and experiencing countless disconnections/crashes lately.

One idea I thought of is adding features to the game that encourages a the building of a stronger community through overhauls to the guild system that should of course complement both the looting and trading aspects of the game.

Another idea I’ve had for the trading systems is adding new items, within a wider spectrum of rarity, that have varying Gold values depending on which island/particular place you sell them to.

Getting into the details would be a different story so the question remains...

Of course this would be a ton of work for the devs, so I’d like to also ask politely to The Crew, if there might be a small chance donations be considered, if it would be the case that the players be open to change for the game the we all love?

Ya’ll keep safe and, peace.

I'm super supportive of large changes. I myself proposed a whole class of ships of the line which would be available to guilds as guild-exclusive content to make them more relevant, and many others had similar ideas independently.

Having said that, I think a player economy would be a bad idea. It would, simply put, be either a disaster or end up being a relatively minor and unimportant feature (imo).

- First off, a lot of items are level locked and so true trading wouldn't be possible for basically anyone below lvl 40ish.
- Second, the only items people would really trade are legendaries and clothing.
- Third, a player economy means that there would need to be a system in place to resolve trading disputes and people scamming each other, which is inevitable. This would mean (1) coding in a two-way trading mechanism that makes sure players can't cheat people, (2) having dedicated staff to resolve disputes, (3) balancing out pricing to make sure that the natural economy doesn't end up making items ridiculously cheap or ridiculously expensive.
-Fourth, player trading of legendary items would kind of negate the whole loot till you drop aspect of this game that seemed to be very stringently followed both in potco and seems to be the mantra of the tlopo devs now. A lot of people complain about the loot drop percentages, and overall I tend to agree with those people. I get the whole maintaining exclusivity thing, but there's a point where it goes too far and just makes it boring and frustrating. Sure you can have one, two, or three weapons that are near impossible to get, that's cool, but for so many legendaries being out there and being near unobtainium is kind of eh. Regardless of my feelings about the low drop percentage, if the devs want to keep this whole low chance of getting legendaries up (which it seems like they do), then a player eco directly counters this.

I find the latter point to be the main reason the devs will never actually entertain the idea of a player economy, but hey, who knows.

Now just a few final remarks, I look to a game like Warframe when I think of a functional player economy. There's tons of third party sites that track prices of items, there's a separate website marketplace where you can post classifieds for items you want to buy/sell, there's bots that run algorithms predicting market value changes, there's even people who get irl salaries to grind for items that can be sold in game. I mean its crazy. Warframe is a good comparison in my opinion because it is also a loot-based grinding game. The difference is that none of the items are as hard to obtain as the legendaries in tlopo, most items aren't level locked and even ones that are aren't unlocked endgame only, the player marketplace revolves around a separate currency system that translates into irl money, and there's also tens of thousands of players to keep the whole thing running.

Maybe if tlopo devs got a lot of players on here and also decided they wanted a way to make themselves money while keeping the game free, then a player economy might be a good option. However, I see it as having very little use right now.

Maybe if tlopo devs got a lot of players on here and also decided they wanted a way to make themselves money while keeping the game free, then a player economy might be a good option. However, I see it as having very little use right now.
Thats not gonna happen. I don't think the 1. Are allowed to make money off of this due to Disney.
2. They've stated it 100 times over as @StarfireRose77 has said above.

Trading has been a topic on here for awhile now.. I do believe it is being added because it is in many other games that are very similar to this one. When I am not sure want more details on that id ask @The Crew That is entirely different then them making money off of TLOPO which is what my "not gonna happen" was referring too..

Well yeah, what I'm saying is that I find a trading system useless and overly complicated unless its for them to make money... and if they're adamant about not making money, then I'm not understanding why they want to do that.

Well yeah, what I'm saying is that I find a trading system useless and overly complicated unless its for them to make money... and if they're adamant about not making money, then I'm not understanding why they want to do that.
Please explain the correlation between an in-game feature that allows players to exchange inventory items, and the TLOPO team "making money".

Back