OPERATION: Flags of the Caribbean - Three Years of PNC

Captain Del

Pirate
Every year in December, the Caribbean comes together to celebrate the everlasting anniversary of the foundation of Partners In Crime, whose dexterity against combating the sands of time and all that she carries acts a symbol of the dedication and strength that can be found in the core of each and every guild across the Caribbean. It is a day that is meant to celebrate the achievements of all guilds across the Caribbean, and reflects the prowess of every pirate who has ever tested the waters of the seven seas with a guild tag proudly under their names.

But what is actually being celebrated - the foundation of Partners In Crime - is only half of my guild's story.

In June of 2009 the unthinkable occurred; Partners In Crime was preparing to leave the waters of the Caribbean. After a year and a half run of what many of the guild's old members consider the "greatest times of their pirating lives," the sudden and sharp end of the original guild left many partners in shock and dismay. For them, Partners In Crime had become something more than a guild - it had become a family, and in the time of just over a year they had spent together they had gone through enough trials and tribulations that would often break the bonds between guildmates; for the partners, it only allowed them to grow stronger.

The prospect of continuing on without Partners In Crime was bleak, but so was the prospect of creating a guild to follow in it's place. A guild mired with such a chaotic past, many believed, would not be able to stand on it's feet for more than a month before collapsing under the pressures left behind by the old guild. Nevertheless, the partners in crime knew that without their partners by their side to pirate with them, they would be nothing; and so, they banded together, and created a new guild, to follow in the footsteps of the old.

Despite the countless troubles that faced the guild in it's earliest stages, and the many doubts that laid in the minds of it's members, the guild forged on. I am proud to say that today, this guild has gone above and beyond what many imagined it would accomplish; instead of surviving for three months, it has survived for three years, double the age of the original guild; instead of garnering 20 pirates, it has garnered over 140, with roughly 35 pirate masters; and it's flag does not flutter below the waves of the ocean, but instead is held high above the masts of dozens of Victory Sharks that cover the ocean, and this guild's name is my own, Partners N Crime.

So while the Anniversary of Partners in Crime in December is meant to celebrate the legacy of the guild in the Caribbean, the Partners N Crime Anniversary in June holds dearer place not only in my heart, but perhaps in the heart of every Guildmaster. It tells the story of a guild that despite all odds, relied on friendship, courage, and determination alone to pull itself out of the deepest of pits, and acts as a day to recognize how the bonds between guildmates will always be able to triumph even the greatest of trials.

...But now it seems, there is another problem that we must face, and this one cannot be faced alone!

My original plans for the Anniversary of Partners N Crime was to be a usual celebration held in the Royal Anchor, where the partners, all of our friends, and I would be able to have a grand ole time. However, it seems that while we have let our guard down, the enemies around us have risen up and are preparing to launch a devious attack on a day of celebration!

A few spies for the Brethren have taken note in the rise of not one, but TWO separate forces who are preparing to make an attack against the pirates of the Caribbean from their bases on the volcano island of Padres Del Fuego! On one side, Lord Beckett's assassins of the East India Trading Company are gathering their strongest men to lead a raid on the unsuspecting partners in hopes of capturing their membership in the name of the King; on the other, Jolly Roger's Skeleton Army is preparing a devious, destructive curse within the depths of the island's cave system, hoping to bring the pirates to their knees...

We cannot allow this to happen!

With the help of some of the Caribbean's best navigators, cartographers, and sailors, we have devised a plan meant to counteract the attacks by the East India Company and Jolly Roger's Skeleton Army before they can even raise a sword against us!

I am calling on EVERY PIRATE to join us and raise their flags by our side as we prepare to make Caribbean history and take the islands by storm once more! We will be forming a SHIP BLOCKADE which will stretch from OUTCAST ISLE to PORT ROYAL, and then from PORT ROYAL to CUTTHROAT ISLE!
The blockade will suffocate the supply lines leading to and from the volcanic island, throwing the two forces of both Beckett and Jolly Roger in dismay! The ships will line up with their sterns (backs) facing towards Outcast and their bows facing towards Port Royal - on the second leg between Port Royal and Cutthroat, their backs will face Port Royal and they will point towards Cutthroat. (The blockade's path is showing on the map below along the gold dotted line.)

Map1forFlagsBlockade.jpg

We will wait a few moments, all of our flags proudly flying in the wind, before we break formation and gather in a massive fleet of ships just off the southern coast of Port Royal, with our bows breathing down the necks of the island of Padres Del Fuego. Once all of our pirates are ready and in formation, I will release the commands to sail onward to Padres Del Fuego, sinking any enemy ships that hope to block our paths!

Stage2.jpg
Follow where the hands to point to the giant black dot once the command is given to break the blockade - the black dot is where we will meet!​
Stage3.jpg
ONLY after all pirates have converged on the black dot will I give the command to sail towards Padres Del Fuego!​

Once we land on Padres Del Fuego, we will meet outside the entrance to the Lava Gorge at the Northern end of the island, where a giant mass of pirates will form ready to take on their adversaries within the caves!

screenshot_2012-05-06_09-26-10-1.jpg
Follow the giant hands to the arrow, where we will meet before the raid! DO NOT GO IN THE CAVES UNTIL ANNOUNCED!​

From there, we will go on a rampage through every cave in Padres Del Fuego, ending with a giant brawl and celebration at General Darkhart's tent to mark our victory over the enemy!

What: OPERATION: Flags of the Caribbean - Celebrating Three Years of Partners N Crime
When: Friday, June 15th, 2012, at 9:00 PM Eastern (8:00 PM Central, 7:00 PM Mountain, 6:00 PM Pacific)
Where: We will meet on the BEACHES OF OUTCAST ISLAND, ANTIK, before forming the blockade and conducting the attack.
Why: To bring the guilds of the Caribbean together to fight for one another!
Who: ALL PIRATES!

A Few Notes:

- This blockade is going to be GARGANTUAN in size - therefore, I need AS MANY PIRATES AS POSSIBLE! I have given you all a month in advance to help spread the word to every pirate you can find, so please, make your voice heard and help make Caribbean history!
- With large crowds means a need for organization - as with every event, before we begin I will need a representative from every guild present. GUILD REPRESENTATIVES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMMUNICATING WITH THEIR GUILDMATES - by entering my crew you are telling me you are willing to be a leader and keep your guild mates in the know about what is going on.
- Remember, the blockade is meant to be SINGLE FILE - do not try and push your way in to a specific part of the blockade. In order to make my life easier, if you don't have a spot, go down to the end and help build on to the line, do not try and push your way in.
- Remember to be patient and wait for the orders before moving on with the next phase of the attack!

Please do your best to spread the word of this event to every pirate in the Caribbean - it is in my hopes that with your mate's help, we can raise every flag in the Caribbean in one massive wave of pirate strength, and in doing so make pirate history with all of you!

See you all soon! Prepare for war, mates!

Oh I'll definitely be coming to this. Thanks for hosting Del - your events are always well thought out and nicely organized. Grats to PNC on 3 years too! :)

After a month of waiting, the time has almost come!

We are officially only a WEEK AWAY from the evening of the Anniversary! I hope you all have gotten the chance over the past month to refresh yourself for this night and spread the word, because we need to pull out all the stops on this one if we truly do want to make Caribbean history!

PLEASE remember to invite AS MANY PIRATES AS POSSIBLE to the event! Guild mates, friends, forum members, anybody you can get in to contact with; we need the hand of every pirate in the Caribbean to make this possible!

What: OPERATION: Flags of the Caribbean - Celebrating Three Years of Partners N Crime
When: Friday, June 15th, 2012, at 9:00 PM Eastern (8:00 PM Central, 7:00 PM Mountain, 6:00 PM Pacific)
Where: We will meet on the BEACHES OF OUTCAST ISLAND, ANTIK, before forming the blockade and conducting the attack.

Feel free to repost this thread on as many sites as you like where it does not exist, including your own guild sites. If you need a refresher as to how the event will be run, please check the main post!

I will be posting reminders all of next week up until the event!

See you then, mates! LET'S MAKE HISTORY!

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Very recently we averted a little problem that was going to arise during the Anniversary. Though it has been withdrawn and everything is expected to go as peacefully as always, given recent events in the Caribbean, I would advise all pirates be cautious during the Anniversary in the following ways:

1. Please be sure to launch individual ships when we launch and then close off all permissions on your ship. You should be the only person on your ship, and there should be no way for anybody to get on unannounced.
2. If you see pirates who are being disorderly during the gathering, please just set them on ignore and do not escalate any yelling.
3. If there are any pirates who try and run the blockade or disrupt the order of the ship lines, please just ignore them.

This is all just a precaution incase any trouble arises. The Anniversary is still planned to go on strongly :)

See ye all there! Don't forget to bring your mates!

This is your reminder that tomorrow is the big day, mates!

I know that some of you may be afraid of attending the Anniversary due to what has recently been going in the Caribbean, and I understand that. It is my first priority as a member of the community of this game to ensure the safety of all of the pirates involved in this event, and I promise you the last thing I would ever want to do is endanger you or your guildmates.

However, over the past few days and weeks, my guild mates, many pirates around the Caribbean, and I have been working every day to take precautionary steps against any possible threat that may come to the Anniversary. We have been working behind the scenes nonstop, and thanks to the efforts of many pirates, we have been doing our best to ensure that one of the biggest potential gatherings in this games' history could go on with fun unspoiled.

As such, I still encourage ALL PIRATES to attend the Anniversary. It is times like these in the Caribbean where we must bond together as a community, to show the unity and support that truly runs through these waves. Do not let threats or dangers misguide you - this Caribbean is full of many loving and caring pirates, and let tomorrow night be a testament to that. I ask that you come and take my hand, so that we may stand together and show that the pirates of the Caribbean are a resilient people, who will stand together no matter what faces them!

I truly do hope you all choose to stand beside my guildmates, your fellow pirates, and I on this evening! Remember to spread the word and bring as many pirates as possible - together, we can MAKE CARIBBEAN HISTORY!

Happy Three-Year Anniversary to My Favorite Mates,
Partners N Crime!!

When Partners N Crime first set sail in to the waters of the Caribbean, I do not think anybody who was watching it set out of port at the time ever imagine what it would become - including myself.

As I have told the story dozens of times before, Partners N Crime was originally to serve as nothing more than the "continuation" of Partners In Crime, serving as simply the horse that would continue to carry its former glory for as many years as it would stand. Many of us, including myself, at times, never truly believed that Partners N Crime would ever be able to live up beyond that shadow, and that we would always be remembered as simply the guild that held its former's banner.

Needless to say, we were all wrong.

It was only after a a month or two of being in PNC did I realize that what I was presiding over was something much more than just a dinghy passing over from a larger warship. We reached a place that took many guilds of the same kind as us years in barely two months; we had collected an assembly of just around thirty high-leveled, experienced pirates, one of the most elite and wise Officerships in the entire Caribbean, and slowly we were beginning to build an image apart from the guild that stood before us. I only think it was after a guild of just thirty pirates ranked among the Top 20 in the Strongest Guild Competition, killing more enemies than most maxed-out guilds, did I realize that what I had in my hands was a guild whose potential was overwhelming, and whose force, I believed, could one day lead the Caribbean in to the future.

And over time, needless to say, we have lived up to that.

Over the past few years, as our numbers have grown, our experience, strength, and wisdom has expanded, and generation after generation of partners in crime have come to leave their impact on the guild, what has remained constant is the bond this guild has maintained with both the pirating community, and its members. Three years have been dedicated to making sure that a new level of unity has been achieved across the Caribbean, so no longer will a pirate have to go a day feeling lonely or uncared for. Though we are far from our goal of bringing together guilds of all creeds, makeups, and foundations, the Partners are as determined as ever to show the Caribbean that what we stand for is what we have stood for, and what we will always stand for: courage, determination, and above all, friendship.

So let today be a celebration not just for my guild, or our friends, but for every pirate who has ever made friends - every pirate who has ever called a guild their home - and every pirate who has ever felt that there was no point to them being in the Caribbean any long. Today is the day where we must all reflect back on our footsteps in the sand, and whose footsteps have laid beside ours; and today, is the day we must look forward in to a future year of pirating, pillaging, and plundering, with the mates we have always cherished dear to our hearts.

And today, I ask you and your mates to stand beside me, and raise our flags, as we show our fellow pirates what the Caribbean truly stands for.

What: OPERATION: Flags of the Caribbean ~ Three Years of Partners N Crime

I hope to see as many of you at tonight's celebration as possible! Remember that today is a day of finding hope inside one another, so we may all sail the waves never alone.

Happy Anniversary, mates!

THE TIME HAS FINALLY ARRIVED, MATES! Start heading down to the beach on Outcast Island, Antik, and bring EVERY pirate in your guild and on your list! Please try to get there early so we can begin to organize everything!

See ye there, mates! LET'S MAKE HISTORY!

Back