opinion on my pictures

are you using a digital camera or are you using film?

if you are using a 35mm film camera, you can buy black and white film.
if you are using a digital camera, there may be a setting on the camera to take photos in black and white.
either way, experiment. try different things out. different settings on camera or different subjects to photograph. you might find that you like taking black and white or sepia instead of color. nature or maybe angular pictures of buildings, or weather pictures.

i have alot of cameras. i have 1film,1underwater film,1instamatic camera, and them my main digital camera its got all sorts of fancy stuff on it
EDIT (Apr 24, 2011 at 2:08 PM):
I think they look pretty good! :) I'd actually like to see more! ;)

im always taking pictures so there will be more

The angles you have are alright but there needs to be more depth to the pictures Something that makes it stand out from other photographers a signature if you will. This will come with time as you learn how to use different software and get a really nice camera. Also you will develop an eye for detail for things that would make a picture great. But it comes with time like i said just keep at it and if it really something you have a passion for you will have no problem improving and getting better.

hummingbird.jpg
hummingbird1.jpg
hummingbird2.jpg
hummingbird3.jpg

here are some hummingbird pics. i know there not very good but its hard to catch pictures of them there so fast.

here are some hummingbird pics. i know there not very good but its hard to catch pictures of them there so fast.

Great job, Corey, as always! I understand that they are tiny birds and it's not easy to find moments to catch pictures (I had some on my backyard from time to time, but not this year).

Clockwise from top left, my favorites are #1 and #4.
#1 - You had your timing just right when it was 'flying' (flapping its wings) and your focus was on the right place (front, at the bird) with blurred background.
#4 - This was a good pose of the bird. The birdfeeder was not 'important' so it was good that you had it only enough to support the bird.

Comments on:
#2 - This was 'almost' as good as #4, except ... that uneven background (whiter part on the left) was distracting the attention to the bird. You know that good photographer takes tons of pics just to find the best cemera setting and moment, even from the same position. I believe you have been doing it too. Attention to details like that makes a lot of difference.
#4 - Not very focus on the bird. The presence of two-color feeder that was occupying almost the entire background, 'swallowing' the star of the pic (the bird). Plus, the camera focus (the sharp part) fell on the bottom left of the feeder, instead of the bird.

i know 4 sucked but the bird was so shiny!!

Your reference #4 is #3 on my order, but it is the one with the huge feeder blocking almost the entire background, right? The bird was shiny, but so what ... still not very focused. If this is a 'recreational' pic, it's fine. But if it's for a competition or critiques, it will invite a lot of them, and not gonna place in a competition (but you already knew that, didn't you?). You just wanted to share with us that pic.

Your reference #4 is #3 on my order, but it is the one with the huge feeder blocking almost the entire background, right? The bird was shiny, but so what ... still not very focused. If this is a 'recreational' pic, it's fine. But if it's for a competition or critiques, it will invite a lot of them, and not gonna place in a competition (but you already knew that, didn't you?). You just wanted to share with us that pic.

i was just sharing the shiny. and i knew that

Wow. I'm impressed with the humming bird photos. By far I have to say the first one is the best. To catch one in flight in amazing, they are so hard to catch. It looks to me it was darker outside than you would have liked.

Now... to catch a humming bird feeding on a flower instead of a feeder... that would be really amazing. If you can get them focused more it would make the picture more amazing. Did you have the camera set to take multiple shots at a time? If not, I suggest that you try it the next time you see one flying around. You might be able to get some more good shots of the bird's wings then.

those are really good, better than i can do... i dont have the patience for plants and animals. i love taking pics though, so much fun.... but, its not about my pics... lol. i think #1 looks really cool.

Wow. I'm impressed with the humming bird photos. By far I have to say the first one is the best. To catch one in flight in amazing, they are so hard to catch. It looks to me it was darker outside than you would have liked.

Now... to catch a humming bird feeding on a flower instead of a feeder... that would be really amazing. If you can get them focused more it would make the picture more amazing. Did you have the camera set to take multiple shots at a time? If not, I suggest that you try it the next time you see one flying around. You might be able to get some more good shots of the bird's wings then.

i wish i knew how to use all these settings you keep mentioning lol. i should know them.

i wish i knew how to use all these settings you keep mentioning lol. i should know them.

Kate was saying that there is the kind of camera that can take multiple frames per second. Usually sports photography uses that. You can hold on the button and the camera keeps on taking shots until you release it. For hummingbird that is fast flying, you may be beneficial from that (I have Canon EOS 40 D that can do that, it's a digital camera of course - you can't use film on this kind). Then you can 'pick' the best shots that is showing the best pose of the bird while it's flapping its wings.

She also said about weather pics, take cloudy sky with the sun just about to crack out from behind the clouds, or interesting formations of clouds, sun rays, lightning (not suggesting you to go out in the rain ...), etc. If you put your camera on a tripod behind your window, it can take interesting pics, even with the dropplets of water from the rain as the 'curtain', or even the focus (foreground) and the rainy field on the background.

You can take a B/W photos, but you can always photo-edit those in photo editing software, you know. You can change color pics to gray scale. Or you can put 'sepia' (red-brownish color like old pics) by adding effect to the color pics, or even alter the hues/saturations of the pics. Imagine wedding pics ... the photographer does not always have time to adjust his/her camera to take snap shots (they just have to be clicking a lot, provided that they already got the focus just right). BUT, he/she can alter the result later, by making the result B/W, or sepia, or adjusting the hues/saturations. Just learn a lot about photo editing, other than photography itself. You'd be surprised how it can enhance your photos so much and that the sky is the limit for your creativity.

ok heres some new pictures.it wont let me post all at once

Attachments

• IMG_0711.JPG
    IMG_0711.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0712.JPG
    IMG_0712.JPG
    223.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0713.JPG
    IMG_0713.JPG
    601.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0717.JPG