IMG_0689.JPG
IMG_0690.JPG
IMG_0692.JPG
IMG_0693.JPG
IMG_0695.JPG
IMG_0696.JPG
IMG_0697.JPG
IMG_0699.JPG
now i want to be a photographer and i took some pictures and i want some opinions from people i dont know. tell me what you think.

Great job, Corey ... interesting subject! Now are you ready for an honest opinion? I'm not a photographer, but I can take good pictures (according to me, of course ... you'll be the judge of my pics ;)).

When I look at a picture, I'm looking for a 'focus'. Something that my eyes are drawn into, something that I can spot easily to be the theme and the reason why that pic was taken in the first place. I don't want my eyes to have to go around and around in the entire width and length of the pic just to figure out what the meaning of the pic is. Nature is not always easy, since your object is so widespread. But you could always find something 'interesting' to focus on, from your point of view. You are the photographer; you are 'speaking' to viewers through your pictures; you want to say something to the viewers with your pictures.

Based on that, I like #1 (morning dew on the leaves) and #7 (view to the sky over the tall trees) the best. #1 is very focused, and you blurred the background. You clearly want to say how fresh it was in the morning, by looking at that one leaf. #7 is a very interesting angle; you got the spot just perfect, all the trees were surrounding the sky in the same distance almost like a circle. It's dramatic because you see that every tree trunk goes outward, that makes them look very far away up there from where you took it. These two types of theme are pretty common (for instance, a leave with a butterfly on it), I've seen those angles before, but still good. And you do want to learn from successful photos/pics out there.

Now the rest of them:
#2 - The tree stump is not that interesting, unless ... there is "something" on it that is unsual (i.e.: fresh new sprout on supposedly dead stump, a squirrel/bird, or something). The background needs to be blurred to focus on the stump, and you can do way close up with this.
#3 - 'Almost' the same as the one that I like (#7), but it misses a lot of good angles, so it's hard to tell the meaning of the pic.
#4 - Again, a little out of focus what we are concentrating on. Too many distraction on the surroundings; you can bring it way close up with the fallen trunk.
#5 - Same as #4. I wish you could get a close up shot of those red things ... are those berries, flowers, or even different color of leaves? Focus on those.
#6 - I 'almost' love this one too; very interesting angle. And you did good with focusing the background, instead of the foreground (the leaves in the front). Very creative! However, it will be more meaningful if there is something you focus on back there, or even an interesting "thing" on the leaves. I've seen shots like this: a city scape taken from behind the veil/curtain. But the background that you focus on has to be really interesting though, so that our eyes are drawn to it.
#8 - The focus is good, but give us 'something special' on that piece of trunk over there. Pick a yellow flower from somewhere, or put a little ant on there. It would make it more interesting.
#9 - The focus is good, but my eyes go around and around, asking what am I looking for in this pic? If you focus on one group of grass, it might turn out better.

I know I'm beating you up here, but you have a very good potential, and you need to be pushed and challenged to get better. And I know that you can! EXCELLENT job, Corey! :D

#1 and #8 are my favs! I think if you could have captured the light unpon the object you were photographing, then it would add more detail, color, etc.

I do have a question for you though. Did you noticed that those things with 3 leaves that you were taking pictures of were Poision Ivy? Hope you didnt get a rash.

I love the ones showing the sky. I have over 300 pictures of clouds cause... Well that's all I want to take pictures of :confused: but the ones from the ground point of view are A-MAZ-INGGNGNGNG!! Made me feel like a squirrel or something getting to see it from down there :3

Great job, Corey ... interesting subject! Now are you ready for an honest opinion? I'm not a photographer, but I can take good pictures (according to me, of course ... you'll be the judge of my pics ;)).

When I look at a picture, I'm looking for a 'focus'. Something that my eyes are drawn into, something that I can spot easily to be the theme and the reason why that pic was taken in the first place. I don't want my eyes to have to go around and around in the entire width and length of the pic just to figure out what the meaning of the pic is. Nature is not always easy, since your object is so widespread. But you could always find something 'interesting' to focus on, from your point of view. You are the photographer; you are 'speaking' to viewers through your pictures; you want to say something to the viewers with your pictures.

Based on that, I like #1 (morning dew on the leaves) and #7 (view to the sky over the tall trees) the best. #1 is very focused, and you blurred the background. You clearly want to say how fresh it was in the morning, by looking at that one leaf. #7 is a very interesting angle; you got the spot just perfect, all the trees were surrounding the sky in the same distance almost like a circle. It's dramatic because you see that every tree trunk goes outward, that makes them look very far away up there from where you took it. These two types of theme are pretty common (for instance, a leave with a butterfly on it), I've seen those angles before, but still good. And you do want to learn from successful photos/pics out there.

Now the rest of them:
#2 - The tree stump is not that interesting, unless ... there is "something" on it that is unsual (i.e.: fresh new sprout on supposedly dead stump, a squirrel/bird, or something). The background needs to be blurred to focus on the stump, and you can do way close up with this.
#3 - 'Almost' the same as the one that I like (#7), but it misses a lot of good angles, so it's hard to tell the meaning of the pic.
#4 - Again, a little out of focus what we are concentrating on. Too many distraction on the surroundings; you can bring it way close up with the fallen trunk.
#5 - Same as #4. I wish you could get a close up shot of those red things ... are those berries, flowers, or even different color of leaves? Focus on those.
#6 - I 'almost' love this one too; very interesting angle. And you did good with focusing the background, instead of the foreground (the leaves in the front). Very creative! However, it will be more meaningful if there is something you focus on back there, or even an interesting "thing" on the leaves. I've seen shots like this: a city scape taken from behind the veil/curtain. But the background that you focus on has to be really interesting though, so that our eyes are drawn to it.
#8 - The focus is good, but give us 'something special' on that piece of trunk over there. Pick a yellow flower from somewhere, or put a little ant on there. It would make it more interesting.
#9 - The focus is good, but my eyes go around and around, asking what am I looking for in this pic? If you focus on one group of grass, it might turn out better.

I know I'm beating you up here, but you have a very good potential, and you need to be pushed and challenged to get better. And I know that you can! EXCELLENT job, Corey! :D

thanks jade you are the only one that did what i wanted and probably the only one that would take the time to write that. everyone who wants to be in a proffession like this there whole job is to get good critisizem(idk how to spell that) and get bad so that they can inprove. now over the last week ive been taking pictures of hummingbirds as they have been coming back. so in a while when i have more i will post them. thanks jade

I have a question for you. Have you tried any black and whites? Sometimes black and white film can pull the emotion or feeling from the scene better than color can. Take your first picture. If you had used black and white film when shooting that one, the water droplets may have been more enhanced.

I have always wanted to do this kind of thing, however I have not been able to. I'm 31 mother aof two boys and dont have the time for one. I also need the right camera. ;) But, when storms roll in, you can catch me with my sony cybershot, trying to catch picutres of clouds and lightning. I've taken several pictures of storm related weather. One of which I think was a tornado that passed a few miles in front of our house at night.

I'm looking forward to seeing your humingbird photos. Keep up the good work.

i have done darkroom photography stuff and i thought my pictures came out great and i must say ur pretty good though i would try to find something more interesting to photograph which may be hard and i would upload a few of my pictures but my printer wont scan anything for me and idk why but all i can say about the type of photography i did is boy am i glad im not claustrophobic

well im only 13 so its not like i can go anywere to take pics. i mean i basically have 150 acres behind me of land and thats it. which i know sounds like alot but when its all the same...its not good for picture taking

well im only 13 so its not like i can go anywere to take pics. i mean i basically have 150 acres behind me of land and thats it. which i know sounds like alot but when its all the same...its not good for picture taking

lol well im only 15 and i just turned 15 on the 14th if that makes u feel any better and i had a hard time taking pictures but u just have to be creative even try to set things up for urself make it look interesting

I was like ... the only one who gave you 'negative' feedback ... :p.

I'd say they were "constructive criticism" (that's how you spell it - google it!); they 'sound' negative, but they way I communicated them, I did not use 'negative words' (such as bad, ugly, fail, etc). But rather, I gave you 'reasons' as to why they were not as good as the others. Also, as constructive criticism, my critiques had to have 'solutions'. It is very easy to judge something as 'bad', but that is missing the point of being a constructive criticism, because the point is to make you do better next time. Therefore we have to give you suggestions to make your work better.

I was like ... the only one who gave you 'negative' feedback ... :p.

I'd say they were "constructive criticism" (that's how you spell it - google it!); they 'sound' negative, but they way I communicated them, I did not use 'negative words' (such as bad, ugly, fail, etc). But rather, I gave you 'reasons' as to why they were not as good as the others. Also, as constructive criticism, my critiques had to have 'solutions'. It is very easy to judge something as 'bad', but that is missing the point of being a constructive criticism, because the point is to make you do better next time. Therefore we have to give you suggestions to make your work better.

i did give him some criticism but my veiws of photography changed when i was in a dark room with a girl who was a black belt that gave u a death threat every time u made a joke and one other guy (clearly we were all making jokes)

i did give him some criticism but my veiws of photography changed when i was in a dark room with a girl who was a black belt that gave u a death threat every time u made a joke and one other guy (clearly we were all making jokes)

sounds fun

are you using a digital camera or are you using film?

if you are using a 35mm film camera, you can buy black and white film.
if you are using a digital camera, there may be a setting on the camera to take photos in black and white.
either way, experiment. try different things out. different settings on camera or different subjects to photograph. you might find that you like taking black and white or sepia instead of color. nature or maybe angular pictures of buildings, or weather pictures.

Back