Question Optimal settings for gameplay..

Ryucrat

Honorable Pirate
So I've noticed that some settings work better than others, and some people say really high or really low graphics, but I was mega curious if anyone has found a sweet spot they wouldn't mind sharing? Thanks!

It's beyond me how really high graphic settings could ever boost framerate or crash resistance. Personally, I'd just say have vsync on, graphics on custom>low (and everything unchecked), and fancy loading screen off.

In addition, I would recommend playing in windowed mode, it seems to have helped me.

You'll probably have to do a little experimentation of your own, too. For example, people often report that crashes can be reduced by turning off audio and disabling the fancy loading screen, but neither of those had any affect on my crash rate (I would recommend that you try them anyway just to see, since it does seem to have helped some people). Just seems to be a little different for everyone.

In addition, I would recommend playing in windowed mode, it seems to have helped me.

You'll probably have to do a little experimentation of your own, too. For example, people often report that crashes can be reduced by turning off audio and disabling the fancy loading screen, but neither of those had any affect on my crash rate (I would recommend that you try them anyway just to see, since it does seem to have helped some people). Just seems to be a little different for everyone.

Yeah the audio is what stopped the majority of crashes for me and just follow the suggestions above about custom set low graphics and vsync on :)

Back