Announcement Optimizations from Facebook

PirateJasonS

Site Founder
The following was posted on the TLOPO Facebook page about 2 hours ago:

Over the past few hours we have made several changes to our servers. These changes are still experimental, but players should be experiencing much less server lag in-game!

Leave us a comment letting us know if things have been getting smoother for you all since we've relaunched! We're working around the clock to bring the best pirating experience to all of you. We will stop at nothing until it's the best experience you can get!

Over the past few hours we have made several changes to our servers. These changes are still experimental, but players should be experiencing much less server lag in-game!

Leave us a comment letting us know if things have been getting smoother for you all since we've relaunched! We're working around the clock to bring the best pirating experience to all of you. We will stop at nothing until it's the best experience you can get!
And Hoot The Pirate still cannot play.

I've been playing for 2 hours and it seems to have gotten better. The loading times during the game have been going smoother and faster.
Did a Flagship *solo* with no problem of any lag. :) :) :)

Thank You Dev's for all you do!!!
The graphics in the game are amazing!! So sharp and very smooth looking.

:pirate ship::pirategirl::pirategirl::flag1::pirategirl::pirategirl:

But it isn't all about hoot is it? This is a beta, it comes with it's issues, But they've been working around the clock since opening night pushing amazing fixes and they've fixed some nice issues. They're doing a great job across the board, The least you could do is be appreciative.
And? They worked around clock three months

Sure okay ill be appreciated. When they have no issues like World of Tanks and quit blaming me or my computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
World of Tanks runs on a freemium business model and is developed by a professional international game studio with over 4,000 employees. And it is not in beta testing. For the last time, TLOPO is doing the best they can. If you can't find it in yourself to be patient and empathetic, then nobody is forcing you to play or stick around.

Now let's keep this thread on-topic please. I've been able to play without much interruption or lag tonight, so it does appear things are stabilizing.

Played for about 3 -4 hours, and haven't crashed during the time. That is pretty good to be honest, I really appreciate what the developers have done and the staff.

Played my entire three hours with no crash...very nice!...Also ported my ships without falling thru, well...until i had a mega fight solo with juggernaut and ported(yes...I won!)...fell thru(but did not crash back to launcher) but got my loot :) Re-logged, but when I did , I took time to empty cache which was full at around 1700 items...I notice that I play better for a long time if I empty it after say, porting on anyones ship and falling thru islands....When I do have probs, and I check the cache its always between 1600 and 1700 that I have most bugs. Wish there was a way to make cache folder larger? I dunno... I really enjoyed this morning after the update!! Thanks for all your efforts!!

Hoot isn't a problem for bringing up a problem. And I quote:

Leave us a comment letting us know if things have been getting smoother for you....

Hoot did exactly as asked in a respectful way, yet you all wasted no time treating him like he was the problem. I'm tired of every single thread dog-piling on users with healthy criticism. We are all appreciative- that goes without saying, but if it needs to be said once more: thank you devs.

Now please, let's act like adults and meet people where they are at instead of blindly harping on members of our community.

Hoot isn't a problem for bringing up a problem. And I quote:

Leave us a comment letting us know if things have been getting smoother for you....

Hoot did exactly as asked in a respectful way, yet you all wasted no time treating him like he was the problem. I'm tired of every single thread dog-piling on users with healthy criticism. We are all appreciative- that goes without saying, but if it needs to be said once more: thank you devs.

Now please, let's act like adults and meet people where they are at instead of blindly harping on members of our community.
"Healthy criticism" which was presented in a very whiny and selfish manner, as well as saying that TLOPO should be on level with a triple A game...

What if the apocalypse happens... what... you said you stop at nothing...

I must say that i have not noticed any changes. I tried to log on around 8 AM mountain time and i get to the choose my pirate page and after i choose one it goes to 30 % and no more. I wait and wait and nothing i re-try a few more times and still no change. When i do get on, the game looks great. I got a tip from a fellow pirate for when you lock up at a shipwright. I have a key so i don't need a time slot, just can't get on. Compared to when it first came back on , it's worse for me.

Ok i just emptied cache and was able to get right on no waiting. Is this listed as a way to help game play? if not it worked for me.

Last edited:
Ive noticed quite a few changes in the last day or so, when the game was first re-released load times and response times were so ridiculously long for me i really couldn't play the game, however last night when i logged in after an update everything seemed to be fixed. including a strange issue where i could right click to control my camera.

see some appearance improvements ,still 75% time on log in get stuck at 30 % load and cant finish, if actually make it to pirate in game still 85% chance any port falls underground and if does repeats even after relog and multiple attempts, if do port to actual standing on ground 50 % chance on draw weapon still fall thru ground 25% game crashes and exits 15% works fine till pick up loot and fall thru ground 10% i walk off into air climbing higher the more i walk? 25-30% chance if sail actually can port for small rewards and 0 loot items regardless of type or number of chests, regardless if on land or swimming at port. it pauses on load and for short 1-2 sec infrequent intervals and ships jump to new location or suddenly multiple appear close enough to all attack at once. overall cant honestly rate improvements as 90 % time is spent relogging in or trying to work past recurring variety of errors above to note any changes. but the water looks great. windows10 /low graphics/music off ,sound off,open gl not direct x, task manager set to high or real time or custom settings all pretty much the same. fps fluctuates from 1.9 up to 65 at peak performance. if persistent get about 45 to 120 mins good play in 6-10 hours of attempts no change since last update

Last edited:
above is original level 38 chtr results, new level 1 similar issues thru level 6, slow to progress barbossa (10 re load, 52 attempts) failure to get to0, once did worked flawlessly, ai more aggressive at sea but challenge and beatable, overall appearance and slight improvement in play lag but still overshadowed by frequent issues and delays to advance or play.when everything works its great but frustration from recurring bugs makes it hard to note update improvements overall, persistence tho it will improve,and frequent breaks between tries keep up the good work . its worth the effort

Last edited:
Back