Other Pirate Films/Shows?

Valeqora

Buccaneer
Of course I've seen all the POTC movies so far and am looking forward to the next one. Growing up I liked the Treasure Island from 1950 and Kidnapped from 1960, both also from Disney. I would watch those over and over until the VHS tapes wore out! (That isn't meant to date me. I'm still in my twenties.) I recently saw the Treasure Island from 2012 with Eddie Izzard and I thought that was really fun.

What other piratey films and/or shows would you recommend? :)

Until the POTC movies came along, my favorite pirate film was "The Goonies" and "Cutthroat Island."

However, since the first POTC movie came out, my absolute favorite is "Master and Commander" (although that is more of a 'privateering' movie than an actual pirate movie). Besides that film, I have watched classic movies related to piracy including, "The Black Swan," "The Buccaneer," "Long John Silver," "Treasure Island," "Reap the Wild Wind" (somewhat 'piratey' with actor, John Wayne), "The Crimson Pirate," and in a slight way, "Swiss Family Robinson." *Out of all of these classic movies I mention above, "The Buccaneer" :daggermouth: is probably my favorite due to the movie's script.

Avast! Below is a movie I consider "piratey" by nature but is not actually about pirates. *I hope I may include this as well as the movie itself subconsciously had me thinking about POTCO's SVS environment far ahead of the game even being developed by Disney. :boat:

The golden age of Pirate movies was the 1940-50s. Not many good movies IMO other than the Pirates of Carribean series more recently. Treasure Island, ThePirate, Against All Flags and The Black Swan to name a few. These old movies have all the drawbacks of their day but you still see authentic sailing ships. Most have a bit of romance for Valentine's this week.

All those sound great. Yeah; I was looking for anything slightly nautical so those other suggestions should work too. Thanks for the recommendations. :)

Starz has a new series called Black Sails. http://www.starz.com/originals/blacksails I'll have to start watching that too. Someone on Facebook said it was really good...

Starz has a new series called Black Sails. http://www.starz.com/originals/blacksails I'll have to start watching that too. Someone on Facebook said it was really good...

I have heard great things about that show (I just don't know 'enough' about it, myself).
*Someone whom might actually know is ElizaCreststeel, as her passion towards "all things" piratey :flag1: - I have noticed - is quite helpful. :D You could either shoot her a private message or leave a post to her forums profile.

Back