Outcast

I give a big thanks to rose sunslipper whose comment reminded me that I made a promise to someone that I would finish it and im not about to go down on it. Time to get started again! hope you guys keep reading

Chapter 13
They had arrived at the French fort Nick raised a French flag so the French would not shoot and they came into the fort and docked. Nick sat on the ground with his sword and a bottle of rum in his hand and said “I hate it when I have to waste a drink” the French soldiers then came aboard Nick then took the bottle and threw it into the ocean just as Stephen had told him. The French soldiers looked around for the noise that sounded like someone abandoning the ship and went and looked over the side of the deck they were looking for what fell but they didn’t realize Stephen was behind them. The soldiers were still looking until Stephen kicked them off one by one into the water below. The moon was up now and was the only thing lighting their path but they had to keep going.
Rogers head was still throbbing and hurt even more when he heard a soldier say “they docked at a French fort” roger couldn’t help but think what they were after there. Roger’s eyes grew wide as he realized that the person they were looking for never made it to the fort he was stationed at and that the ship this person was on was captured by the French. The crew scrambled for orders and called out to roger the sailor steering the ship asked roger “what should we do sir?” “Get all ships in the area and attack the fort I want them alive!” roger replied.

Chapter 14
Stephen and nick walked off the ship they glanced at each other and nodded as they both sprinted off into the dark. Nick looked around but couldn’t see his friend anywhere he had assumed he ran ahead to as he called it “have a little fun” nick had then reached the top of the hill. The hill is where they agreed they would meet but he looked around and all he saw were a group of people in a fight nick thought could that be Stephen. Sparks flew into the air as the silhouette of a man blocked the silhouettes of what looked like three French soldiers. Nick found a torch on the ground and picked it up he knew if he pointed the torch towards the silhouettes he could see who they were.
Roger now had a fleet with him and started to bark out orders to his men people rushed to load the cannons and the other ships prepared to blockade the fort. Rogers’s ship was the first to go it was headed straight towards the docks while the other ships followed behind. Rogers fleet circled the fort with cannons at the ready waiting for Rogers orders.

Chapter 15
Nick raised the lantern as the silhouette and to his surprise it wasn’t his friend nor was it a soldier it was a black shadow and in the dim light its eyes glowed yellow. The shadow stared at nick for a moment as nick stared back until the shade drew its ghostly sword and started to swing. Nick was startled at what he had just seen he quickly flipped his wrist up revealing a hidden dagger and blocked the strikes and sprung back striking his foe. The dagger that nick held had pierced the shadows pitch black skin and black smoke floated out of it but the thing was still standing as if unharmed. Suddenly nick heard a gunshot and feared for his life that the French soldiers had arrived and without his friend he would not be able to defeat them all.
Roger’s ship came to a halt and every sailor on the ship was prepared for what they might face. All the crewmembers were talking each on a different subject than the other some even went for a drink all of them knew that this may be the last time they will see each other again. Roger was oblivious to the conversations around him .he quietly loaded his pistol and underneath the chat from the rest of the crew he started to hear a plank of wood creak and moan as if someone was walking onto the ship. The crew suddenly became silent as they all looked towards the wooden plank that had just been leaned against the ship.

this next chapter will add the seventh page on microsoft word ive gotten pretty far

Chapter 16
Nick had flinched and didn’t see that the shadow that stood in front of him was now gone nick then looked around for who shot the final blow. Nick felt someone tap on his shoulder and turned around with his dagger at the ready but to his surprise it was Stephen holding a pistol nick asked him “did you fire that shot” Stephen replied “I was standing on top of the hill and saw that you needed some help so I did” nick simply nodded his head after this. Stephen and nick were now walking up the hill towards the jail the only thing they saw in their path were their feet and with each step closer they became more aware until at the slightest sound they would jump pistols aimed at where the sound was heard. They both came to a stop at a flight of steps when they noticed a shadow the shape of a man as their eyes drifted up the steps the soon saw a man in a black coat. The man jumped over them and landed directly behind them he stood for a few moments watching as nick and Stephen trembled over what they had just saw. Stephen turned around and nick followed behind. The man held a sword that was a rectangular blade that at the end came to a curve and was about 2 ½ the width of his arm and nearly half the height of the man wielding the blade.
Roger raced up the hill with his men not far behind looking at the carnage of the French soldiers that once served in the fort he looked in horror with only one thought who could have done this. Roger stopped and knew it could not have been Stephen but could not trust his own thoughts anymore roger just hoped they left before sunrise he didn’t want to know what the soldiers looked like. Rogers thought was interrupted as a soldier tapped him on the shoulder and pointed on the top of the hill roger stared for a long time and eventually saw three people one with a sword facing two others staring back. Roger told his men to load their weapons and get ready to strike he knew two of them were nick and Stephen and whoever the other man was he could only assume he was hostile.

Chapter 17
The man in the black coat looked around and noticed roger staring at him but pretended not to notice as he looked back on his main targets he then lifted his blade up as if to strike. Nick and Stephen both had fear in their eyes as the man lifted the blade up and as they got ready to block his attacks another man appeared. The man was also wearing a black coat as he yelled at his teammate “not yet he has something in mind for these two as for the other do what you want” the man wielding the sword then replied “I hate it when they ruin my fun fine then” he turned to roger “get ready!” roger drew his sword when he heard this and was ready to fight. No one saw the man move one minute he was standing in front of nick the next in front of roger while roger was sent flying into the wall the man looked back at Stephen who was racing to protect roger. The man slammed his fist into the ground and suddenly the ground around him started to crack as human shaped crystals began forming out of them the crystals then took the form of knights and charged at Stephen, nick and roger. Nick was blinded by the moon light reflecting off of the crystal knight’s surface he thought to himself how can he shine that bright and suddenly realized lunar energy.

Chapter 18
Stephens’s ears started to wring and then covered his ears tightly and fell to the ground and after a few minutes he got up. He no longer saw the crystal’s everything was how it was left the only thing that had changed was that nick was swinging at air. He knew the jail wasn’t far from where he was and remembered that he had taken a grenade that had fallen from the hooded man’s hand. Stephen ran towards the wall that was behind the jail and started to climb it as soon as he reached the top he stared long and hard at the moon as it was the only thing that lit his way. He looked down at the jail door and saw a French soldier leaned against it with the keys around his neck Stephen lit the grenade and dropped it to the side of the jail. All of the sudden a huge bang came from the grenade and as the soldier heard this he quickly ran to the side of the jail where he heard the explosion but saw no one. Stephen jumped down from the top of the jail and drew his sword the soldier looked around and saw the hilt of Stephen’s cutlass staring at him and the soldier watched as the hilt slammed into his head knocking him unconscious. Stephen took the keys from the soldiers neck and thought of how much time he had until the rest of the fort heard what had happened.

Back