Overwatch League Esports

Misha

Site Founder
Hey there, folks! As of today, I wanted to create this Thread for fellow followers of the Overwatch League as we are about to enter the 2019 Inaugural Season real shortly here!

71ac62bd563f417d4674764ccf414a98.png

As well, when on the discussion of Overwatch League, what team are you rooting for/ watching their off-season (or inaugural) play to judge how they're going to play this season?

overwatch_league_teams.png

Let's talk!
(I consider myself a huge follower of the Florida Mayhem!)

Revitalizing but personally, I'm looking forward to seeing how Fusion handles this upcoming season. I was a big fan of theirs last season and loved their underdog story throughout the later stages into the finales. I am also a fan of the Dallas Fuel and hoping they see a revitalizing season this year.

During the early stages last season, I was excited to see xQc and Seagull go at it with the Dallas Fuel. I ended up being disappointed as xQc ended up not being able to get out of his own way and getting suspended constantly throughout the earlier stages and then Seagull ended up bench riding a lot and their overall performance being shoddy at best with a poorly melded DPS and tank line and a support line that clearly was washed up.

However, after my disappointment with Dallas Fuel, Fusion showed me a good time. They struggled a lot with different issues but it was always a great time watching the old Shadowburn/Carpe combo during the early stages then watching the Eqo/Carpe evolve during the late stages. I am hoping to see more greatness from them this season as well with their (hopefully) more refined tank line.

Revitalizing but personally, I'm looking forward to seeing how Fusion handles this upcoming season. I was a big fan of theirs last season and loved their underdog story throughout the later stages into the finales. I am also a fan of the Dallas Fuel and hoping they see a revitalizing season this year.

During the early stages last season, I was excited to see xQc and Seagull go at it with the Dallas Fuel. I ended up being disappointed as xQc ended up not being able to get out of his own way and getting suspended constantly throughout the earlier stages and then Seagull ended up bench riding a lot and their overall performance being shoddy at best with a poorly melded DPS and tank line and a support line that clearly was washed up.

However, after my disappointment with Dallas Fuel, Fusion showed me a good time. They struggled a lot with different issues but it was always a great time watching the old Shadowburn/Carpe combo during the early stages then watching the Eqo/Carpe evolve during the late stages. I am hoping to see more greatness from them this season as well with their (hopefully) more refined tank line.

I can't believe it took me so many months to see your reply! I've been loosely following Fusion as well, being that this entire season was practically GOATS or Sombra/GOATS. I think we're going to start seeing a lot more from the newer teams as well, though. Toronto was playing well and their DPS are top notch. I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about them.

Especially with Sigma here, Bunker breaking is easier than ever and watching the OWL Off tank flex master Sigma for that exact thing is going to be ridiculous.

yoooo Misha, you're into OW? I used to be a GM main tank player. We should queue up sometime.

I can't believe it took me so many months to see your reply! I've been loosely following Fusion as well, being that this entire season was practically GOATS or Sombra/GOATS. I think we're going to start seeing a lot more from the newer teams as well, though. Toronto was playing well and their DPS are top notch. I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about them.

Especially with Sigma here, Bunker breaking is easier than ever and watching the OWL Off tank flex master Sigma for that exact thing is going to be ridiculous.

S'all good! Yea, after the GOATS meta at the beginning of the season, I started dropping off in viewing mainly because it was 100% complaints about "GOATS" from casters and analysts alike and it was annoying. For instance, everyone kept saying "Man, the Chengdu Hunters are so good and awesome to watch!". Yea, right. The Chengdu Hunters had to run an off-meta comp because their main tank could only play Hammond and it was just pathetic watching them try and hype up such a garbage team.

Same thing with Bumper and the Titans. They kept hyping up Bumper as some Rein God when really, he was just a feeder tank from a new expansion team that everyone was thrown off by because his plays were god tier feeding and now that everyone has adapted to him, it's indicative of that he is a feeder.

So really, I don't know if the casters and analysts just hated GOATS so much they'd rather hype up a bad team to encourage off-meta comps or what but in any case, hope things have changed for the better with the new bunker + mei meta

Back