P3dpythonw.exe Error

Have you ever had the p3dpythonw.exe error pop-up on your computer?

• No

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 26 76.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
I recintly put a new video card in and ever since then right before I get to the loading screen on POTCO a warning saying "p3dpythonw.exe Threat Deteted." pops-up in the bottom right cornner. Then right after you see "Prepairing To Set Sail" it goes to POCTO's "Report A Bug" screen. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

WOW! u too happend to me and im getting a late start to infamies, but rose has my back lol

Ok i figured out what the problem was it was that i was using the website and not the laucher... If one of you has this problem right now the laucher is on the 5th page at the very bottom on Davy Darkrage's profile... Thanks Davy for posting that! :D

I've heard that you can download the launcher from gamestop's site before but I can never find it... I already have the launcher downloaded but would love to know for future reference (heaven forbid I get a new computer, right?) :p

Does anyone have a link for the gamestop download?

I've heard that you can download the launcher from gamestop's site before but I can never find it... I already have the launcher downloaded but would love to know for future reference (heaven forbid I get a new computer, right?) :p

Does anyone have a link for the gamestop download?

Yeah i have heard about downlaoding it off gamestop's main website too, but have never found it.

It usally goes away after 12hrs :l :cursing:... It says something about an upstream server..?

Nope.
EDIT (Mar 31, 2011 at 10:27 AM):
It usally goes away after 12hrs :l :cursing:... It says something about an upstream server..?

But as i posted earlier i downloaded the launcher and now i got it fixed. Think it was because i put a new video card in and was using the internet... Still is a mystery to me...

Nope.
EDIT (Mar 31, 2011 at 10:27 AM):

But as i posted earlier i downloaded the launcher and now i got it fixed. Think it was because i put a new video card in and was using the internet... Still is a mystery to me...

It happens to me alot... & I havent put a new video card in mine recently... I wonder what it is? :eek:

I'm confused. Reading this last page of this thread... I've never used the browser launcher before. In fact, I forget it's there. I've always used the desktop one. If I'm reading correctly, cutting support for the desktop launcher doesn't make any sense. Just about every game, except maybe 100% based web games where it doesn't put anything on your hard drive, are launched from desktop icons.

I'd recommend to everyone that however you download POTCO save the installer on your hard drive somewhere (In the POTCO folder it creates be best). So if for what ever reason you have to re-install it, or put it on another comptuer you can just go right to it and do that or throw it on a thumb drive or something without having to re-download the installer.

~Etar1pAI

I'm confused. Reading this last page of this thread... I've never used the browser launcher before. In fact, I forget it's there. I've always used the desktop one. If I'm reading correctly, cutting support for the desktop launcher doesn't make any sense. Just about every game, except maybe 100% based web games where it doesn't put anything on your hard drive, are launched from desktop icons.

I'd recommend to everyone that however you download POTCO save the installer on your hard drive somewhere (In the POTCO folder it creates be best). So if for what ever reason you have to re-install it, or put it on another comptuer you can just go right to it and do that or throw it on a thumb drive or something without having to re-download the installer.

~Etar1pAI

Yeah i tried that with the web browser then the launcher (After launcher wouldn't let me on) it doesn't make a difference. Sadly it still does the same thing.

Yeah i tried that with the web browser then the launcher (After launcher wouldn't let me on) it doesn't make a difference. Sadly it still does the same thing.

Internet browser now works for me. I don't know why it did that before. Launcher no longer works for me tho, not because of the p3dpythonw.exe error but because i am basic.

Back