Website Password Maximum Length

PrivateRiley

Pirate Lord
I changed my password to one that was longer than 64 characters and when I attempted to log in with it I was unable to. After attempting to login by typing the password's first 64 characters, I was successful.

Does TLOPO enforce a maximum character limit for passwords or is it possible that the text entry on the website for changing passwords is arbitrarily limiting passwords to only 64 characters?

I changed my password to one that was longer than 64 characters and when I attempted to log in with it I was unable to. After attempting to login by typing the password's first 64 characters, I was successful.

Does TLOPO enforce a maximum character limit for passwords or is it possible that the text entry on the website for changing passwords is arbitrarily limiting passwords to only 64 characters?
We allow up to 100 characters, I suspect this may be a limitation instead of the game launcher itself; we will investigate this. Thank you for the question, we will investigate this further.

We allow up to 100 characters, I suspect this may be a limitation instead of the game launcher itself; we will investigate this. Thank you for the question, we will investigate this further.
To be more clear, I was attempting to login on the website and changed my password again before logging in using the game launcher.

It's generally a good idea to use a password manager these days so that you aren't relying on a handful of memorable passwords, which can be easily brute-forced on one insecure site and then exploited across all others where you use the same password (or a variation thereof).

Back