People cheating to get to max lvl

ScarlettT

Pirate Apprentice
Hi, I don't know if this has been said yet or not, but I recently ran into a few lvl 49/50 pirates, who were bragging about having a "cheat" that they used to lvl up to max.

I thought it was really rude and pointless, because considering how hard the game developers have worked and how fun it is to play in the first place, wheres the fun in cheating your lvl?

I hope something can be done about this, because it instantly annoyed me.

They're just making it boring for themselves.
I woulda asked them how they did it so I could email the glitch to the devs.

Could have been an autoclicker, or could have been an exploit on a glitch with quests or something. Oh, well. Not sure why you'd want to do that anyway.

Sad... grinding is not much fun, but if you want to level and not just play the game it's the price everyone has to pay that doesn't cheat. There are good options for grinding and getting maximum rewards and learning these is also part of the game.:eek:

After level 30/40 then I feel reasonably "legit" so then I tend to just do quests or sail... even though it's just a game! lol (but more than just a game in many ways to many of us)
:pirate ship::treasure:

Sad... grinding is not much fun, but if you want to level and not just play the game it's the price everyone has to pay that doesn't cheat. There are good options for grinding and getting maximum rewards and learning these is also part of the game.:eek:

After level 30/40 then I feel reasonably "legit" so then I tend to just do quests or sail... even though it's just a game! lol (but more than just a game in many ways to many of us)
:pirate ship::treasure:
Yeah i agree its just a game, kinda ruins it for everyone, in potco i only had standard membership but now i feel great just having a brig and a decent sword, the game is fun on its own no cheats or hacks or glitches needed and a much enjoyed classic mmo from the past it is for sure

:laugh: But does anyone REALLY care? Come now, we all have better things to worry about.
I'm going to have to take my leave from the forums if I see much more of THESE threads.
It's a problem that plagued potco and seems to be like its rising again.

Last edited:
And by cheat, of course I mean glitch....

Here is a recent announcement by John Foulroberts about glitches and 'cheating'. https://piratesforums.co/threads/moderation-procedures-overhaul-work-in-progress.19626/

"Ultimately, it is not fair to ban players for something that is present in the game's code (aka TLOPO's fault). That's not an exploit - that's a glitch that we need to fix. "

Why are so many posts focused on what others are doing in negative ways than just going about and seeking positives? I agree with the below
:laugh: But does anyone REALLY care? Come now, we all have better things to worry about.

exploiting the game during beta is pointless. I mean if your exploiting to report, that's is all together different, but, ultimately it is a privilege to be in a beta group, for people to care enough about a project to perfect it and make it fair for all the end result is to create a solid game, glitches and bugs only cause misery down the road, extended maintenance and patches, if you enjoy playing, you wont enjoy waiting to play or being delayed. Hurry up and be bored is never fun.

I'm going to have to take my leave from the forums if I see much more of THESE threads.

Lol seriously? "These" kinds of threads? Ones expressing concern for cheating? Wow, sorry I offended you, so much so that you'd leave the forums because I noticed glitching in the game and started a thread in the correct category of glitches and bugs.

This post is under Bugs & Glitches therefore it is of relevance and people do care, the game is still in testing stage therefore a report of any bug or glitch no matter how small is useful. The fact that you even consider leaving the forums because of a helpful post like this one just shows how easily you can get offended...

Back