Permission To Teleport (tp) To Me

Please ask my permission first before you teleport (TP) to me

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JadeOHayes

Site Founder
I would like all my Potco friends to ask for my permission first before he/she teleports to me. Unless I personally inform you that you do not need any permission to do so. I don't know how to communicate this on-game, and I truly hope that Disney Potco will open this thread and consider it very seriously. But if you are a member of this Forums, I expect you to know this since you are reading it right now. Thank you in advance.

You already knew the reasons:
1. I may not want you to know what I am doing right now, and it could be something of great importance or it is just not a good time to visit for whatever reasons.
2. You may not like where you end up at. Maybe I am in the middle of fighting Foulberto Smasho and once you get to me, you'll be knocked out.

We need an additional 'button' on our pirate page. If we are the one who want to tp, we could click our pirate friend's name, and there should pop up a small window: Asking for permission: yes or no. If we click 'yes', then our friend on the other end will get the message that somebody is trying to tp to him/her, with another small window: _____ (my name) ____ is asking permission to tp: yes or no. Our friend can easily click the button as an answer. This will save us a lot of misunderstandings, arguments, dramas and headaches.

So I invite you to make a 'petition' here and state where you stand by voting to the poll. There is no multiple choice allowed. Hopefully our principle can be made known by doing this, and at least our friends here should already know from now on by looking at the results.

Completely agree - I've had to "unfriend" a few pirates because they would constantly TP to me and start fighting guys they normally couldn't handle on their own... JUST because I was there and they figured I would help them if they died.

Some days, I don't mind helping. Others, I really want to be left alone to loot. I usually get my best loot when I'm by myself :(

That's kind of confusing, is this if we have to ask to tp to you, if we have to ask to tp to people overall, or ask if you have to ask if you can tp to us? :confused:

I agree Jade, people should ask before they tp. I have a handful of friends who can tp to me anytime, but we agreed to that before. Otherwise . . . . i delete them!

I would like all my Potco friends to ask for my permission first before he/she teleports to me. Unless I personally inform you that you do not need any permission to do so. I don't know how to communicate this on-game, and I truly hope that Disney Potco will open this thread and consider it very seriously. But if you are a member of this Forums, I expect you to know this since you are reading it right now. Thank you in advance.

You already knew the reasons:
1. I may not want you to know what I am doing right now, and it could be something of great importance or it is just not a good time to visit for whatever reasons.
2. You may not like where you end up at. Maybe I am in the middle of fighting Foulberto Smasho and once you get to me, you'll be knocked out.

We need an additional 'button' on our pirate page. If we are the one who want to tp, we could click our pirate friend's name, and there should pop up a small window: Asking for permission: yes or no. If we click 'yes', then our friend on the other end will get the message that somebody is trying to tp to him/her, with another small window: _____ (my name) ____ is asking permission to tp: yes or no. Our friend can easily click the button as an answer. This will save us a lot of misunderstandings, arguments, dramas and headaches.

So I invite you to make a 'petition' here and state where you stand by voting to the poll. There is no multiple choice allowed. Hopefully our principle can be made known by doing this, and at least our friends here should already know from now on by looking at the results.
This happens to me so much! Since lots of people from YouTube are my friend, they always teleport to me first thing when they log on. So annoying. I mean seriously, use some common sense. I never tp without asking...

That's kind of confusing, is this if we have to ask to tp to you, if we have to ask to tp to people overall, or ask if you have to ask if you can tp to us? :confused:

The first two paragraphs referred to me, Jade O'Hayes-the-pirate. But I'm sure that others have similar situation and can relate to my situation. The third paragraph referred to general public; that was my suggestion for Disney Potco, just in case they have their eyes on this Forums.

In the fourth and last paragraph, I asked anybody in this forum to voice their opinion by voting. We can ask ourselves the question of the poll. If it is you, Red, for instance, "Please ask my (Redhorn) permission before you (anybody) tp to me (Redhorn)." What would you like it to be; Yes - you always want ppl to ask your permission first, or No - you never need anybody to ask for your permission, or Either way is fine. I hope that explains it. :)

By voting on the poll we will know who actually wants ppl to ask permission first before somebody tp-s to that person, who actually doesn't care if anybody tp-s to him/her, and who actually doesn't mind either way. That way if we ever come across these players on the game, we already knew their opinions about tp-ing. It will avoid fussing and questioning or even more serious problems.

Well, if you get on my list in the first place then that means you must be pretty close to me.... (I only have 18 friends on my list, without including player friends) I love people teleporting :D.... 'Cause usually I play by myself xD.....

I voted Yes. This has been a real source of irritation for me from the time I began playing. POTCO was my first online game. When I began I didn't know any better than to accept all those random friend invites and as a result my first few days of playing were continually interupted by random people mostly kids teleporting to me, usually causing my ships to get sunk. This was before the days of teleport permissions while aboard ship. I remember dreading the site of that popup message saying ---------pirate Is coming to visit you. I ended up deleting all the people on my friend list from my first few days of playing and being much much more selective regarding who I allowed onto my friend list afterwards. Even after they added the boarding permissions for ships I had been in favor of a feature allowing us to accept or deny permission if someone were attempting to teleport to us on land. When I friend someone or accept a friend invite I make it very clear that I DO NOT want people randomly teleporting to me without first asking permission. I don't mind helping other players in game or crewing with friends, but there are times when I'd prefer to be alone or might be busy questing and my time for POTCO is very limited so I might not want to be interupted at that time by someone randomly dropping in on me and their are quite a few players who really make pests of themselves.

i think you should always ask before you tp, who knows what someone is doing, they may be on the pot for all you know, who knows,...ok, so they probably take that one out, but i do know, i have a very good friend, that even i accidently tp to him without asking, and let me tell you, his, gf, said, WHO IS SHE,?.:cursing:..and boy did he have some explaining to do,..even though, i said, he just my friend,good grief, i known him, longer you have, chill,...she even said, i pvp her and i win, you delete her?, he said, no,..she is my best friend, she stays my best friend,..but you see the things that can happen when you tp without asking,....hello....:oops:
EDIT (Apr 3, 2011 at 6:23 PM):
I agree with ye Jade, people should ask first. I had to unfriend like 8 people cause they kept following me around.

ok, i promise i stop following you,..can i be your friend again?:angel:

I prefer people to ask before they tp sometimes im just by myself killin bosses cause after a stressful day it calms me down

Yes, I prefer people to ask me if they can tp, I also ask before I tp to anyone as well. I just avoid getting people annoyed. Some have the exception to tp to me without asking though. lol

I don't mind if friends tp to me... Its the randoms that bug me... Like ppl u crew with or randoms that just follow u around

They should have TP permissions just like the boat boarding :)

And that would actually fix the boat boarding... because I hate when random people tp to me when I'm on my boat and I have the permissions set to no one allowed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back