Pirate Facts ~

• Thread starter Shamus The Brute
  • Start date

If born during the Golden Age of Piracy, what percentage best describes you in becoming a Pirate?

• Total voters
I only have two questions about the Somali's:

1) Why don't ocean liners employ gunners to sink the rubber rafts that most of them sail?

And 2) If Brittany Spears deters them, would Bieber kill them? I know he kills me............... :facepalm:
Aye. And both arrrr legitimate questions, lol. :banana split: *Well...if Bieber would be in charge, he definitely would have to find a way to learn the lyrics to this song (unless he had to seek help from his 'mama')!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pirates are not just in Somalia. 128 pirate attacks / robberies in 2013 in the Malaysia area. Information from a news story 6/18/14 Business Insider:

For centuries, pirates were the scourge of the Malacca Strait -- the strategic channel between Indonesia, Malaysia, and Singapore through which a third of global trade now passes. They were largely put out of business about five years ago by stepped-up patrols. But several tankers or cargo ships have been attacked in Southeast Asian waters since April, with pirates hijacking the vessels before siphoning off hundreds of tonnes of valuable fuel or oil.

Small ships rather than big battle ships are used just like they were around North America. How would you balance a computer game to give those small ships the ability to take a much larger cargo ship?

Pirates are not just in Somalia. 128 pirate attacks / robberies in 2013 in the Malaysia area. Information from a news story 6/18/14 Business Insider:

For centuries, pirates were the scourge of the Malacca Strait -- the strategic channel between Indonesia, Malaysia, and Singapore through which a third of global trade now passes. They were largely put out of business about five years ago by stepped-up patrols. But several tankers or cargo ships have been attacked in Southeast Asian waters since April, with pirates hijacking the vessels before siphoning off hundreds of tonnes of valuable fuel or oil.
Very interesting information you have provided there, @Fortune. "Thank you" for providing as I love to learn past and/or contemporary things associated with piracy. ;)
Small ships rather than big battle ships are used just like they were around North America. How would you balance a computer game to give those small ships the ability to take a much larger cargo ship?
That is an excellent question. :confused:

On a non-gaming scale, the dilemma is shared by "all" acts of piracy...past, present, and future.

h158A7DB8.jpg

I don’t think any of us would have a chance because of how different and difficult the lifestyle would be. There would be no proper medicine, and no proper sanitary procedures or nutrition. If that didn’t kill you, you would most likely be killed by cannon fire or some other aspect of pirate life. So we just play the video game, and thank goodness for that!

Back