Pirate Onlines Infinite Legends *(POIL)*

Will you be playing POIL this summer!?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
Hello POTCO Community! Today I am proud to announce a game that myself, and several other developers have been working on for a few months now. It is called Pirate Onlines Infinite Legends, or POIL For short!

The goal of our project is to recreate the game we all knew and loved, POTCO. We will be releasing a server for the whole community to play. Here is a video of some of our progress (Please forgive the water, our developers are working on it)

Also, here is our game launcher which currently connects to our game server, and has a working login database.
2f4dd73667478d3a3f57d41e7c332a2c.png

We still need several developers and people to handle our website, etc. Comment on this thread, or PM me if you would like to fill that spot, or for more information on this game.

Current needs:
1x Astron Developer(s)*
2x Python Developer(s)*
x1 Website designer(s)
x4 Community Management

*All developers must have knowledge of the Panda3D Game engine, which uses the coding language of C--.

So, this seems to be exactly the same thing as the other two POTCO remakes, why don't you work with them?
Good question Tom! Our main issue with all the other POTCO remakes are their lack of professionalism! Our developers are much more prestigious than any other ex-potco players. Most of them are all certified to work with the coding languages we are using.

Good question Tom! Our main issue with all the other POTCO remakes are their lack of professionalism! Our developers are much more prestigious than any other ex-potco players. Most of them are all certified to work with the coding languages we are using.
Can we see proof of certificates and proof of who they are to believe said professionalism?

That would be up to our developers to release. I am in no place to give away any of their personal information.
That's understandable, but several others have "claimed" to have prestigious certifications and professionalism that well simply turned out to be nothing too special.

Since there are now, 4 separate POTCO remakes, have you or do you plan to reach out to any of those projects for a consolidation in the best interests in the community? If you are all highly qualified (even though it appears you are the farthest behind since there are no animations in your character selection screen) then why not spread that knowledge with others in the interest of time and furthering relationships within the community rather than creating 4 separate games and 4 separate opinions and 4 separate communities we can just have one. The POTCO community that is all dying to replay this game.

That's understandable, but several others have "claimed" to have prestigious certifications and professionalism that well simply turned out to be nothing too special.

Since there are now, 4 separate POTCO remakes, have you or do you plan to reach out to any of those projects for a consolidation in the best interests in the community? If you are all highly qualified (even though it appears you are the farthest behind since there are no animations in your character selection screen) then why not spread that knowledge with others in the interest of time and furthering relationships within the community rather than creating 4 separate games and 4 separate opinions and 4 separate communities we can just have one. The POTCO community that is all dying to replay this game.
If any other POTCO remakes would like to reach out to me for us to work together, they can PM me!

If any other POTCO remakes would like to reach out to me for us to work together, they can PM me!
Since the core POTCO remakes have initially began shortly after Sept. 19, 2013...I would think that it would be more appropriate for you and your team to reach out to them so that everyone could "work together." It's a matter of courtesy, in my opinion - mate.

Also, if you are going to formally announce said project, it would be best for the community if you formally introduce yourself and your development team (along with yourself 'possibly' having an avatar instead of the default one).

*Hope to hear of this introduction from you soon, within the near future. :flag:

Back