Pirate-privacy toggles

Darkslinger

Notorious Pirate
There could be a section of interface-related game options. I think we should have the following privacy toggles:
  • Disable friend requests - Prevents other pirates from adding you. You may, however, add other pirates who have this unchecked. (The main reason I want this is to prevent random pirates from adding me. Since I don't like saying no or rejecting their request - this would be a far better alternative.)
  • Disable crew invites - Prevents strangers and friends from inviting you to a crew.
  • Disable stranger crew requests - Prevents strangers from inviting you to a crew.
  • Disable guild invites - Prevents strangers and friends from inviting you to a guild.
  • Disable stranger guild invites - Prevents strangers from inviting you to a guild.
  • Disable whispering - Prevents strangers and friends from whispering to you.
  • Disable stranger whispering - Prevents strangers from whispering to you.
  • Enable teleport requests - Instead of allowing friends to teleport at any given time, they must request access from the pirate. Shows "waiting..." until the pirate selects "Yes" or "No".
  • Disable friend teleporting - Prevents friends from teleporting to you.
Also, ignored pirates shouldn't be able to board your ship. This will be a step that can be taken to block AFKers/annoying individuals from boarding your ship in the future.

Have you got a similar idea or a toggle you'd like to add to the list above? Which toggles do you think would improve your gameplay experience? If these options interest you (or not), feel free to post your thoughts and ideas below.

I'd support this :)
...having recently spent approximately 1 week guildless...omg! The Guild invites from random people are endless. I actually wouldn't mind if they stopped and talked to me, but most people just send the invite without even saying anything.

During the recent Abassa Stress Test I was on the docks for maybe 5 minutes total...I received 8 random guild invites. Only 1 person (that didn't send an invite incidentally) had the good manners to PM me saying that if I was interested in joining her guild, I could PM her back for more information. Also, before switching to Abassa I'd been leveling weapons on Tormenta and two very nice pirates approached asking if I needed help/crew and also asked about joining their guild. THAT I don't mind in the slightest....the 'invite and run' people though, I view as being a bit like those guys IRL that knock on my door on a Saturday morning trying to persuade me to join their religion!

Guildless pirate here. I've wanted an option to either auto-decline/completely disable invites since I started playing POTCO back in 2009. Always hated that the only way to disable invites was the get invited at least once. Really hope they add your suggested changes.

Back