Pirate Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pirate Profiles have been updated to display as the in-game like cards. For best experience with the new design and on the site in general, I would recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox with javascript enabled.

The last update to a Pirate is now recorded, so you can know how up-to-date the information is. As this information wasn't tracked before, the last updated information has been set to ~now.

You may now enter up to 32 characters in an "Extra" field that will display on your Pirate's card.

Names, guild names, and extra information are now ran through the censor to prevent profanity.

Skill levels are now checked against notoriety, meaning you can't set the grenade level for a Pirate who you have entered is less than level 20, etc.

Next I will be working on allowing uploads of pictures to be displayed within the cards, and getting changes to them in the Recent Activity stream.

Any comments, questions, feedback, always welcome..

Thanks.

Thanks all.

With in the next few days, you will be able to associate images with pirates. This is handled by the usual attachment system.

When editing or adding a pirate, there will be an "Upload a File" button. Using this you attach an image of your pirate to be displayed into the card. When changing images, you must first delete the current one, as only one image may be attached to a Pirate at a time.

There will be a checkbox that says "Make fit." This option controls how the image is scaled into the card. Checking the box forces the full contents of the image within the dimensions. Leaving it unchecked will scale the image proportionately, and displaying it in the card from the top center. This option will usually look better but can cut the lower section and sides of your image out.

Any image that does not meet fully fit the dimensions of the card will be scaled up so it does.

The options:
Screen shot 2010-11-28 at 5.02.29 PM.jpg

Image with "Make Fit" enabled:
Screen shot 2010-11-28 at 5.02.36 PM.jpg

Image with "Make Fit disabled:
Screen shot 2010-11-28 at 5.02.52 PM.jpg

It can be a little confusing but it should become clear in a few days.

Rushed through it a little bit, but everyone should now be able to upload pictures of your pirate. I didn't do a whole lot of testing, so if there are any problems or questions, let me know.

Its awesome i love it
EDIT (Dec 1, 2010 9:54 PM):
Well one bug is on Internet Explorer i have my zoom on 100% and i cant see the save chages button i have to adjust it to 75%

So do many.. unfortunately it is not very modern when it comes to web standards. I will try to make it look better in IE but it will never look as good as it does in Firefox or Chrome.

I use the site every day in Chrome... it looks great in Chrome actually and the functionality as far as I can tell is perfect. I work for a company that does a lot of web stuff and honestly its top notch.
As a "code monkey" Chrome is definitely my browser of choice.. for an improved experience I would definitely recommend those using the site use it. Our support for IE is limited, though we will always keep the site functional. Luckily IE9 is coming out soon and it should fix a good amount of Internet Explorer's shortcomings.

Funny you should mentions that. In working with php (I am brand new to this and suffering miserably) adn with some of our other development I have been really surprised in the last year how much of a misery IE is becoming. What is also really surprising is in the last couple of years the stats on the number of people that use IE when visiting our sited have dropped dramatically to about 40% which of course varies a little from site to site but I dont think any of them go above 55%. I think that is cool considering that IE is an out of the box thing and to use anything else someone has to search it out and do the downloads and everything. I use firefox at work but all my personal stuff is on Chrome.

I do think it's nice many are making the jump.. hopefully many more soon to follow. About 50% of users on the site use IE, which isn't too bad really.

Screen shot 2010-12-01 at 11.16.02 PM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back