Pirate Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work Davy!

Dunno if I'm the only one on a small screen (probably) but I had to Ctrl-- (minus sign) to shrink it down to see the save button, then Ctrl-+ (plus sign) to get things back to normal when done.

I'd love some free text sections, if possible. (E.g., to say "fully mastered" instead of itemizing them all.) Or list the primary items (top 10? top 15?) each pirate has. E.g. Rumrunner's, revenant, spinecrest, tricorn hat.

I still like the idea of being able to provide a picture (as someone else suggested above) and an url to go directly to the pirate directory (not many others will want that, but if it is easy to add...)

Hmm mind taking a screenshot of the save button issue if it's not too much trouble? I'll see what I can do, but that might be more the fault of the forum's framework.

After adding all the skill levels, I had realized I also meant to add a section to list favorite/top inventory items.. I will see if I can get that and maybe a few others in within the next few days.

I will be adding the ability for a picture in the coming weeks, and the directory link is easy enough so I will get that added when I add the top inventory section.

As previously mentioned, I am also working on a profile-card like display for each pirate.. here is what the skill levels part of that is shaping up like.. (Not a mock-up, generated dynamically)
Screen shot 2010-11-07 at 10.32.11 PM.jpg

Hmm well thanks for pointing it out and posting a work-around.. that would be the fault of the forum's framework.. I am not sure much can be done, as allowing it to scroll with the page causes other style issues.. I will pass it on to the appropriate people though in case they can do anything.

Mine doesn't let me put in any more info? I can't get to the bottom of the thing that pops up. :confused:
EDIT (Nov 8, 2010 10:03 PM):
Ok thanks to Edward's idea mine worked yay! :D

Wow Davy & Treasurer! I disappear for a weekend and come back and dang... tons of new stuff. Thanks for the moderator graphic and all the new pirate stuff! Its great.

Bye the way... I am learning this PHP stuff for work... ugh... I dont envy all the typing your doing..lol.

Oh, something I remembered as another workaround to the problems a few are getting.. right click the add/edit and open in a new tab. The form will be scrollable there.

Bye the way... I am learning this PHP stuff for work... ugh... I dont envy all the typing your doing..lol.
Just caught that, hah..

Hello everyone, I was going to add my comment, & I see it's already here. The idea of being able to add a pic of each Pirate you have in your profile would be great. This way we know what they look like. We would also need the ability to remove & replace a pic. How our pirates look will change when we change clothes. With the new stores or venders coming in the game we're going to start looking even more savvy :)

Thanks for the feedback. I am currently working to update the Profiles to appear as they do like the cards in-game. Additionally, changes to them will eventually appear in the recent activity streams. After that I will work on allowing everyone to upload pictures.

A real player-card is on the left, and the ones that will soon appear on the site on the right:
dogdev.png Screen shot 2010-11-15 at 4.04.37 PM.jpg

Just to update, it may have to wait a few more days. A lot of changes are being made and right now loading the cards into the page the way I'd like is giving me trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back