Pirateing - More like farming.

Should POTCO add this?

• Yes

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
lol anyways he is right I got like 20 famed in one hour of looting there after about three hours on diff days I got two silver freezes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O_O I have been getting one famed every other day starting Saturday. Yay for leveling doll in the Spineskull/Flotsam area lol. I need Silver Freeze, though I'm only lv 23 in Knives/Dagger. I could max them over there while I'm getting totally awesome loot.... WOOHO NEW LOOT SPOT. :fish:GO AWAY FISH IM GONNA EAT U

lol anyways he is right I got like 20 famed in one hour of looting there after about three hours on diff days I got two silver freezes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i spent an hour and got 3 famed knives i only kept 2 later throwing the last one out but ravens cove is acutally a great spot for knives and cursed blades spent an hour on ravens got a bunch of skulls all however were filled with junk

Um.... Guys, can we discuss the suggestion, not Legendary Kitchen knives?:lol1:

And Francis - I get what your saying, but really, does standing in the Thrall Hall for hours blowing the crud outta Thralls with Steel shot sound fun to you when you can be having an epic battle against Thralls armed with famed weapons? Has it ever occurred to you how loot magically appears when you kill something when the news about El's lot said all forces of evil now have El's weapons? It never said that they will still be using the failed weapons they used to, and when you kill something voodoo magic randomly transports a random weapon from somewhere?

And besides, surprise only lasts 10 seconds, and, you didn't really earned whatever weapon you got - the baddies had no chance, unless your a level 1.

And Francis - I get what your saying, but really, does standing in the Thrall Hall for hours blowing the crud outta Thralls with Steel shot sound fun to you when you can be having an epic battle against Thralls armed with famed weapons? Has it ever occurred to you how loot magically appears when you kill something when the news about El's lot said all forces of evil now have El's weapons? It never said that they will still be using the failed weapons they used to, and when you kill something voodoo magic randomly transports a random weapon from somewhere?

And besides, surprise only lasts 10 seconds, and, you didn't really earned whatever weapon you got - the baddies had no chance, unless your a level 1.
I agree that the enemies should fight with he weapons but I don't agree that you should get it after u kill them I for one enjoy looting and then being really happy in getting a weapon but that might just be just me.

I agree that the enemies should fight with he weapons but I don't agree that you should get it after u kill them I for one enjoy looting and then being really happy in getting a weapon but that might just be just me.

i second that i wouldnt mind if they made a few new enemies with famed cursed blades though looting can get boring sometimes and this is in every game.

well the new loot is the problem it used to be hard to defeat a bunch of thralls now its easy and a few new bosses cant make up for this problem that they need to make new enemies that use el patrons weapons and are actually hard to defeat but would give better loot

Nah ... it's not just you. I like looting too and the element of surprise of it. Maybe because I'm not maxed out yet, so I level up while looting. But I understand for you who are maxed out, your days are probably filled with looking for better weapons. That's why Seaking's ideas also make sense. Either way, I'd like to keep what we have right now (looting not knowing what we'd get or not get), and it would be nice to add things like Seaking said. It could even be like small quests, just like from Smash we could only get knives and daggers, we could do something similar to other characters at Potco. It doesn't need to be limited one character could only give away one type of weapon, otherwise it would get 'old' really fast (like Foul, since he doesn't give away anything other than knives, I'm not even interested in fighting him anymore, not even with 20 other ppl to help), and pirates would all flock in one location if it's so predictable who would give away what. So it still can be 'random' things who will give away what weapon, but like Seaking said, we already know in advance what we are dealing with and what reward we would get by fighting certain enemies.

I like Seaking's ideas, it would make Potco more realistic, but did you realize that you were proposing an almost complete overhaul to the game with those ideas? This game is a simplified version of the real piracy, and I think Disney designed it on purpose to begin with. Great ideas, but not easy to accomplished/designed.

Then that brings up the problem of killing a thrall with a WE and getting a worn cutlass...

Which I've done WAY too many times... I love the element of surprise and absolutely hate this idea...

By the way - how many pirates (fools) actually attack a Thrall with a rusty cutlass? You shouldn't even be in the thrall room if that's the best you got...

I have found both Thunderspine and World Eater with the thralls - I must be doing something right... I'm guessing the more higher level enemies you attack, the better your odds. But I still LOVE the thrill of finding them!
If I knew what I wanted and where to get it, I would do just that and be done with the game. Everyone would have one of every legendary I'm sure and then fun would be completely gone.

That's why we play Pirates Online... not Farmville ;)

'E' for Effort - but I definitely have to vote 'No' on this idea

Which I've done WAY too many times... I love the element of surprise and absolutely hate this idea...

By the way - how many pirates (fools) actually attack a Thrall with a rusty cutlass? You shouldn't even be in the thrall room if that's the best you got...

I have found both Thunderspine and World Eater with the thralls - I must be doing something right... I'm guessing the more higher level enemies you attack, the better your odds. But I still LOVE the thrill of finding them!
If I knew what I wanted and where to get it, I would do just that and be done with the game. Everyone would have one of every legendary I'm sure and then fun would be completely gone.

That's why we play Pirates Online... not Farmville ;)

'E' for Effort - but I definitely have to vote 'No' on this idea

If I found World Eater Blade, each day I would wake up and be all happy inside because I finally have a legendary and I KNOW I spent quite a long time looting for it... Just like I do for Sacred Musket. And BTW, I'm jealous of the World Eater... :lol1:.

I never said they will only have WE.... i should've rephrased that: Finding a thrall with a WE is very rare and they'd mostly have rare cutlasses and whatnot. And this applies to toher enimes.
Besides, suprise only lasts 10 seconds.

I never said they will only have WE.... i should've rephrased that: Finding a thrall with a WE is very rare and they'd mostly have rare cutlasses and whatnot. And this applies to toher enimes.
Besides, suprise only lasts 10 seconds.

For me it would last until I got better than a WE. Which isn't possible in my opinion, unless I managed to get a SOTL. Which isn't a weapon but I'm more of a sailor anyways ;)

Put it this way: Walking into, say, Bonerattlers little hid out or whatever and finding Bone rattler having Silver Freeze and using the Lost Sword as a side arm with his little minions using some famed swords or whatever with famed dolls as side arms would be like walking outside one day to find that the world is ending.
In simpler terms: Finding an enemy with a famed weapon would be as hard as finding 1 in a loot drop. Get what I'm saying?

Then what's the difference between what they have going now? Other than you can see what weapon is going to be dropped seconds beforehand?

I kind of like the lame little butterflies I get when I see a skull chest drop - though it usually ends in pathetic disappointment. It still keeps me looking and looting :)

Reactions: Bad
Every time I'm about to give up, BAM! a Famed pops up in that oh-so-loved Skull Chest. I love the surprise of not knowing what your going to get. And also, I don't want to see the weapon, it's not much of a surprise if I know what I'm going to get before I get it. And, if the person who deals the most damage gets the weapon, then chances are it means they already have an awesome famed or legendary weapon to begin with, and it won't be fair to the people who are just starting out on getting famed/legendary. I'm an example. My friend is alot stronger when it comes to weapons, so they would get the weapon. But, they already have a really good weapon, and I don't. So it would really just not be fair at all. I like it now, because the people looting with me can all get a really nice weapon in the same Skull Chest. And, it makes leveling ALOT harder, because the enemies will be so strong you cannot kill them with a weaker weapon like, a lvl 25 Privateer Doll because it's weaker than the enemies' weapons, or with my lv 15 Knives which are really weak so I would not be able to level my knives and doll on the Thralls and things that I normally level on. This is just my opinion.

Mate, the game is way to easy already. We need something to level the playing field. And besides, were pirates - our "lives" are filled with hardship.
As for the whole surprise thing, that only lasts 2 seconds. Why would you want the game to just be a huge slaughter with the enemies having no chance at all when we could actually make the game more challenging? Or maybe you'd rather be a farmer than a pirate.
And as for the whole idea that its "unfair;" put it this way - what happens if your, say, level 40, and your taking down a 2 thrall with a level 45 friend, and suddenly this level 1 basic charges outta no where, deals the last hit on him and everybody gets a WE. How is that fair??
And for the leveling - to many high levels out there.

Mate, the game is way to easy already. We need something to level the playing field. And besides, were pirates - our "lives" are filled with hardship.
As for the whole surprise thing, that only lasts 2 seconds. Why would you want the game to just be a huge slaughter with the enemies having no chance at all when we could actually make the game more challenging? Or maybe you'd rather be a farmer than a pirate.
And as for the whole idea that its "unfair;" put it this way - what happens if your, say, level 40, and your taking down a 2 thrall with a level 45 friend, and suddenly this level 1 basic charges outta no where, deals the last hit on him and everybody gets a WE. How is that fair??
And for the leveling - to many high levels out there.

Basic can't even get IN Tormanta to start with. And, no need going around bashing and calling people a farmer. And no it does not last 2 seconds for me it lasts forever. It's not real life... It's a kid's game for Pete's sake. And, btw they DO have a chance, enemies are not that weak rofl.... The surprise will STILL LAST TWO SECONDS no matter how you GOT the weapon anyways!

i agree with constance , i like surprises, and for me it does last
A LONG time. Like the other day i finally got my first famed at dark hart.

Back