Should POTCO add this?

• Yes

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

SEAKING23

Honorable Pirate
Well, i have been thinking, and I've noticed that plundering/looting/leveling in this game is more like farming then actually pirating.
Put it this way: The seas/caves/anywhere you can get loot is the "Field." The baddies at the "Crops," and your weapons are the "tools of harvest." And all you do is "farm" all day.
This is the point I'm trying to make - The game is so easy, its more like farming than pirating. So, i have some ideas for the overall benefit of combat in general, and more interactive game play.

1. Make enemies armed with El's loot.
It's lame how you can kill a thrall with a rusty cutlass and get a World Eater. Really, how is that fair? I was thinking that you should be able to kill a thrall with a World Eater and GET a World Eater.
So this is how it would work: An enemy would be armed with 2 weapons. Say a thrall using a sword would have the Behemoth Blade and a Sacred pistol, as a side arm. It wouldn't be able to use the Sword, as the game doesn't allow it, but it would be able to use the Behemoth blade. So, when you kill it, you might get some gold, the Sacred pistol and it's sword. So then looting is more skill then luck. See where I'm going?

2. Ships should follow a route.
It's really... failed, how ships randomly sail in a circle like their helmsman had to much of Davy's rum. I was thinking the should follow a route. E.X: A trade route from Padres to Port Royal, or a Patrol route. The charts for these routs would be in forts, and you'd have to steal them from a desk, or whatever. For Jolly, they'd be hidden in a cave/jungle. Basically what you'd do is put them in your item box, press M, and check whatever routes that you'd be able to see becuase of the chart you stole. Sailing improvements would be given by charms.
Anyways, so a different chart may show a different type of route. Say you get the England's trade chart. Then you'd see routes coming in from England, and you could steer you ship towards them, and intercept the convey. The merchants would be galleons, any class, supported by Frigates, any class. The galleons would offer more Loot filled with random but expensive treasures, and of course more cargo, where as the Frigs would give you more rep and loot with money.
That would be an example of a trade route. There would be patrol routes, where there would be Sloops/Frigs, any class, would be sailing on them, searching ships for illegal cargo. They'd hail your ship telling you to let them board, and you could ether blast them to Davy Jones, or take your chances and hope they don't find anything. Or you could let them board, and chop them, whatever.

3. Interceptors and assassins.
This is more for pirates level 45+. What would happen is that when you reach level 45, the Navy/Eitc/Jolly would send out an order for you kill/capture. These orders would be hidden like the charts, in caves/forts. If you don't find your warrant, the EITC/Navy/Jolly would be sending troops after you, to kill you, maybe in an alley way or something. Same idea with ships, but at sea with War Sloops.

4. Smuggling.
Pretty simple, you can get a quest from towns folk and they'd ask you to smuggle some stuff to another Island, for a share of the cargo and rep. If you said yes, you'd be able to decide what ship you'd like to load it on. Of course, if a patrol hails you, boards and finds your cargo, they'd attack you and hail a friendly ship to send an arrest warrant for your ship.

5. Occupations.
Well, simple. In an invasion, Jolly's troops attack the houses, and try to destroy them. If they win, he leaves troops to take the destroyed town with a boss and you'd have to liberate it by killing off most of those boneheads.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Well, thats all. Please comment, post questions, and whatnot. Thanks!
smile.gif

1 u could think of it that way but for the sword i say dont have them armed with it because the point is its supposed to be random and u wont know what u will get because if they had that i would tp all over the place to find someone with a nice cursed blade get where im going

2 ships do follow a route though they do nothing on that route untill they find a pirate ship when they should attack jolly rogers ships

3 this would be hard to do im not talking about doing it im talking about making it because this is a random event for a specific player though i agree it should be added seeing as how we are supposed to be notorious and in addition to this one of the online games i played err rather did a 14 day trial for was star wars galaxies because i got banned from this game but thats a backstory for some other time anyways they had it where i joined a faction and they would have npc's from another faction patrol the area and go into the cantina of course i was a low lvl and died easy but u get the point it would be cool to have something like that where the navy patrols

4 i would say simple enough

5 i had that same idea never made sense if jolly wins he takes the island and we have to get it back
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
now for my own ideas​
1 i think we need an expansion to svs i mean rly theyre fighting for 2 little islands that they dont even have anything to gain from having them i say make forts and towns for spain and france that can be taken over if a player sinks all enemy npc ships then they can go onto the island and take it over from there (the pvp addition to this is not neccisary but would make it better) and then that faction owns the island of course players can defend it too​

2 stealing ships i think is a big one just because were pirates need i say more?​

3 improvision as in being able to pick up barrels and crates and throw them at our enemies even shooting powder kegs (not the enemy in invasions just regular powder kegs) and blowing them up to deal damage​

4 buying potions we have bartenders in taverns for looks right now i say do something with them make them sell potions some that can be made and some that cant​

5 ship customization "nuff said"​

Your absolutley right. Most peopel will just farm bosses for famed or legendary items. After lvling that is all most people do but when you get a famed its completley worth all the hours of farming.

Aye, you are right. I've been on other games and we "farm" for gear we want. This is exactly like weapons. We farm Tormenta and Ravens for Cursed Blades, etc.

Um, Captain Hi.... I don't want this to turn into a thread for other peoples ideas.... i don't want to be rude or anything, but if everyone posted their ideas here than there would be no point in having one thread for my list of suggestions, aye? :)
And i was thinking that the person who does the most DMG would get its primary weapon, but you'd have to d at least 20% DMG to get its side arm.

This is a good idea but there is the problem of if a enemy had world eater and 10 people attack the enemy who gets the sword I would like it to be easy but still when u get a good sword u are proud because u spent time to get it and u earned it. This method would just take all the fun out of looting. Im not trying to bash your idea but I just don't think it will improve the game it will just take the fun out of it.

I have been looting since the famed and legendary came out and have only got: Sacred Musket, Sacred Repeater Pistol, General's Broadsword, and Masterwork Cutlass, and Wool Cannon Ram(sold). By now I should have gotten alot more. They need to change the loot system... A Legendary would be real nice considering I pay for a membership and invest alot of my time into this darn game.

This is a good idea but there is the problem of if a enemy had world eater and 10 people attack the enemy who gets the sword I would like it to be easy but still when u get a good sword u are proud because u spent time to get it and u earned it. This method would just take all the fun out of looting. Im not trying to bash your idea but I just don't think it will improve the game it will just take the fun out of it.

What is this looting fun you speak of?
Lol, kidding. Explained it in my last post. Besides, looting doesn't require any skill. WOuld you rather say, "I stood in the thrall hall for hours killing hopeless thralls with a rusty cutlasses and got a world eater! Yay!"
Or: "I fought a hard, epic battle with several thralls, and i have a World Eater and some rare cutlasses they were using to show for it!"

Sorry for the double post, but it wouldn't lemme edit it:

I think your thinking that even they they are using a WE, they'd be giving as much DMG as a Rusty Cutlass?
Well, it would give as much DMG as a world eater, be able to attack more than 1 person becuase its a broadsword, and be able to use all its boosts, blah blah blah.

Sorry for the double post, but it wouldn't lemme edit it:

I think your thinking that even they they are using a WE, they'd be giving as much DMG as a Rusty Cutlass?
Well, it would give as much DMG as a world eater, be able to attack more than 1 person becuase its a broadsword, and be able to use all its boosts, blah blah blah.

God level 50 Thrall with a World Eater.. Here's what I would do:
Me: "Hey Thrall! Look! A giraffe!
Thrall: "Wait what giraffe?? What's a giraffe?!"
Me: - Takes World Eater from Thrall and runs off- "HAHA IN YOUR FACE PUNK!"
Thrall:"Oh you little.....:cursing::cursing:" :D

This is what Thrall did to my pirate afterwards.....:eek:
Me:"Haha LOL it toally fell for it..."
Thrall:"YOU LITTLE NOOB I IS GONNA KILLS YHU"
-censored--too much gore and violence-
Thrall:"Ha now I have my World Eater back..."
Me:":xbones::xbones::xbones:"
AND THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU STEAL A WORLD EATER FROM A LEVEL 50 THRALL.
:eek:Kinda stinks. None of my friends were on during this horrible event to save my life. I am now a dead ghost.:eek:

Still looting is about finding if u see the world eater then whats the fun it way more fun to be just looting and then bang omg I have the world eater or another good sword. This is a good idea for rare and posibly some famed but for legendary it would still take the trill out of getting a legendary or famed because you would all ready know u where going to get it and it wouldn't take much to call some friends to heal u. It would make it way to easy and for all the people who have found good swords all of there hard work would be for nothing. Besides we all know this is never going to happen or if it dose it would be in a long long time!!!! But I still like the idea and the work that u put into thinking it up but I just don't agree with it.

I really dont care as long as pirates doesnt reset everything again... i will never let go of my Thunderspine sword lol

Um, Captain Hi.... I don't want this to turn into a thread for other peoples ideas.... i don't want to be rude or anything, but if everyone posted their ideas here than there would be no point in having one thread for my list of suggestions, aye? :)
And i was thinking that the person who does the most DMG would get its primary weapon, but you'd have to d at least 20% DMG to get its side arm.
The reason for a thread is for others to discuss what ever the topic is sense Hi's topic is based upon the topic of the thread If he created another thread it would probably be merged so I think it is fine for people to give there ideas as long as it is on topic if you don't want anyone else to put there ideas then you might want to ask for the thread to be closed. Im not trying to sound bossy sorry if I am Im just telling you what I think and based on what I have seen on the forums. And I am in no position to make you do anything Im just throwing this post out there.

Back