Pirates Expose EITC Plot (08/16/13)

jzfredskins

Wiki Staff
For many weeks, Pirates have noted strange comings-and-goings by EITC agents,
with many suspicious swashbucklers speculating that the EITC is secretly smuggling
new weapons through their more exotic trade routes.

Marceline scouts confirm that the EITC Black Guard are indeed ferrying these new weapons into the Caribbean, landing on Cuba then transporting via a route over Isla Tormenta through Outcast Isle right to their bases on Padres del Fuego.

Find a member of the EITC Black Guard this weekend, and with the right persuasion, ye may possibly find yerself holding a new weapon!

Be on sharp lookout! These Black Guard agents are stealthy and slick, with no guarantee you'll find one.
Keep an empty slot or two in yer Inventory just in case.
Our scouts report the EITC running their smuggling operations during these times:

eitc-hunt.jpg
WHEN: Saturday, August 17: 3 – 4:30 pm
Sunday, August 18: 10 – 11:30 am

WHERE: Padres del Fuego, Outcast Isle,
Isla Tormenta, and Cuba

* All times listed are Pacific Time

So its just another GM event weapon give away :/... Well AT LEAST its the EITC Black Guard who we haven't seen a lot lately lol. They should make a GM named James Norrington ^_^ I always wanted to see him in the game. To bad they didn't add him :(

"* All times listed are Pacific Time"
Hey John I was wondering what do they mean Pacific time?
It's a time zone.

For example, if it is 3:00PM in Pacific time, the following would also be true:
Mountain time: 4:00
Central time: 5:00
Eastern time: 6:00

I really think that the Gm's will try yo find YOU. I'll be by all of my DA friends to watch out for me.
Since JFR has a full inventory, I'll probably go on my alt John Bladeroberts to see what weapons they'll be giving out.

Thank you! BTW it says we have to persuade them into giving us the weapons?
The EITC GMs tend to display a bit of a 'snarky' character and would probably be pleased if you shoot them a few cheesy compliments... I suppose if you want the weapons, you'll do anything, but begging and saying "OMG OMG GIVE MEEEE A WEAPON!!" is probably not a good route to go.

Just saying ;)

Well. Let us begin. (Yes I am a positive person and life an ok life).
I have a lot of problems with this.
1- Event. Its an event. Cool. What else is new? I can make my own evnts (le shout out) King Arrguy can make his own events. We all can. Thats jolly well cool. I can think of a million much funner events w epirates can do than this.
2-Weapon Giveaway. Oh look so not only is it an event, its a long time favorite of DIMG, a weapons giveaway! Giving away weapons. I tell you I was kind of disappointed with the last few giveaways, what are we to et out of this? The last decent giveaway I recall is the one where they were handing out Seven Seas Repeater. Since then its all been a ton of trash. Whos to say that these weapons are better? Im gonna semi quote one of the POTCO Wiki Admins I forget if its the legendary JFR or our dear Dentify. (Not word for word) Alot of these weapons in contests or giveaways were meant for loot and either too overpowered to give away (then again HOPDF was the only overpowered one they say) too underpowered to be given away.
3-Method of obtaining said weapon. So were working our butts off for a weapon that may just all out suck,.but not only are we trying to FIND THEM we have to PERSUADE them. I mean sure, Reyes, of course theyre the EITC duh why would they cough it up? No you have to persuade after trying to find them. Iff you dont persuade them then there goes a weapon. Though then again the quality could just all out suck. This is another one of those evnts to say "Hey guys we care". But they dont.

1- Event. Its an event. Cool. What else is new? I can make my own evnts (le shout out) King Arrguy can make his own events. We all can. Thats jolly well cool. I can think of a million much funner events w epirates can do than this.
2-Weapon Giveaway. Oh look so not only is it an event, its a long time favorite of DIMG, a weapons giveaway! Giving away weapons. I tell you I was kind of disappointed with the last few giveaways, what are we to et out of this? The last decent giveaway I recall is the one where they were handing out Seven Seas Repeater. Since then its all been a ton of trash. Whos to say that these weapons are better? Im gonna semi quote one of the POTCO Wiki Admins I forget if its the legendary JFR or our dear Dentify. (Not word for word) Alot of these weapons in contests or giveaways were meant for loot and either too overpowered to give away (then again HOPDF was the only overpowered one they say) too underpowered to be given away.
3-Method of obtaining said weapon. So were working our butts off for a weapon that may just all out suck,.but not only are we trying to FIND THEM we have to PERSUADE them. I mean sure, Reyes, of course theyre the EITC duh why would they cough it up? No you have to persuade after trying to find them. Iff you dont persuade them then there goes a weapon. Though then again the quality could just all out suck. This is another one of those evnts to say "Hey guys we care". But they dont.
Merci beaucoup monsieur!

The last time I met a GM was back in 2010. I made a few jokes and got a compliment from two GM's I only remember one though, Rose Winsome.

I hear the EITC GM's are like abusive admins. They can and will roleplay whilst sending anyone who gets too close to jail.

I'm gonna say "I stole these clothes right of a Marceline Guild Member I beat in combat. Impressed"

Roleplay with them. It helps them continue their act and they appreciate it.

It's a time zone.

For example, if it is 3:00PM in Pacific time, the following would also be true:
Mountain time: 4:00
Central time: 5:00
Eastern time: 6:00

Since JFR has a full inventory, I'll probably go on my alt John Bladeroberts to see what weapons they'll be giving out.
Can I Pf you so we can keep in touch in-game?

I use to passionately dislike events like this. I use to think this was lazy on their part. (it is lazy, still.)

Then I realized, we should start being grateful for these events, considering this game will probably close in the next year, and these events, will probably be the "updates" we get for now on. I mean, I wish we could get "actual updates", but they don't care about the game anymore, that's easy to tell. So now, I have a more grateful attitude toward these events!

I would much prefer and actual update, but if this is all we get, I'll take it.
:)

For many weeks, Pirates have noted strange comings-and-goings by EITC agents,with many suspicious swashbucklers speculating that the EITC is secretly smugglingnew weapons through their more exotic trade routes.

Marceline scouts confirm that the EITC Black Guard are indeed ferrying these new weapons into the Caribbean, landing on Cuba then transporting via a route over Isla Tormenta through Outcast Isle right to their bases on Padres del Fuego.

Find a member of the EITC Black Guard this weekend, and with the right persuasion, ye may possibly find yerself holding a new weapon!

Be on sharp lookout! These Black Guard agents are stealthy and slick, with no guarantee you'll find one.Keep an empty slot or two in yer Inventory just in case.Our scouts report the EITC running their smuggling operations during these times:

WHEN: Saturday, August 17: 3 – 4:30 pmSunday, August 18: 10 – 11:30 am

WHERE: Padres del Fuego, Outcast Isle,Isla Tormenta, and Cuba

* All times listed are Pacific Time
Guys. We should form a thread for a full search of POTCO... I really want to knos if these are worth it or not.

Then I realized, we should start being grateful for these events, considering this game will probably close in the next year, and these events, will probably be the "updates" we get for now on. I mean, I wish we could get "actual updates", but they don't care about the game anymore, that's easy to tell. So now, I have a more grateful attitude toward these events!

I would much prefer and actual update, but if this is all we get, I'll take it.
:)
As human beings, it is difficult - at times - to be appreciative. :shark: However, I agree with you and I have touched upon this subject before within a different thread:

I know right? We have to persuade these guys to get a trashy weapon? Seesh I rather steal it from them like a pirate would normally do to the EITC but sadly these people "Role-Play" and we cant beat the living heck out of them and see them drop their weapons. The one thing I am happy about this event is because of the EITC Black Guard who I have not seen in a very long time.
I know right? We have to persuade these guys to get a trashy weapon? Seesh I rather steal it from them like a pirate would normally do to the EITC but sadly these people "Role-Play" and we cant beat the living heck out of them and see them drop their weapons. The one thing I am happy about this event is because of the EITC Black Guard who I have not seen in a very long time.

BTW I always wanted to pvp a Host GM :p!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back