Pirates Forums and TLOPO

:bashhead:

This going back and forth and bickering is giving me a headache. (That is me hitting the wall over and over reading all of this arguing).

I'd like to take a moment and say a few things here....

First, the forums are NOT changing in any way, shape or form. We've partnered with TLOPO. What does this mean? It means that we will be looking forward, toward TLOPO and focusing on the future instead of dwelling in the past (POTCO). We'll still have the POTCO forum (after all it is a great reference point for things in TLOPO) as well as the other forums for the other games. Will our name change?? I doubt that Davy wants to go through that trouble. Besides piratesforums.co is generic enough to cover any pirate game that has been, currently is and could be in the future. Now, tell me how different it looks since the partnership... I personally don't see anything drastic or concerning.

Now, here is something that I wish everyone would understand and accept:
TLOPO is the only successful remake of POTCO to date. Could there be others? Possibly. Could there be serious problems? Yes. Everyone is aware of the consequences that MIGHT come to TLOPO in the future. I say 'might' because there is no definite answer that anything will happen. Are those who support or play TLOPO 'stupid', 'idiotic', 'dumb', 'ignorant', or 'deaf'? No. Everyone who knows about TLOPO knows what the potential consequences are. We all know there is a chance that TLOPO could be taken from us. Here is the important question: Does that matter to us? Yes, but we're willing to have a little time with our beloved game once more than never having it again at all.

What I find amazing is that for 3 years since the close this community has stuck around. During this time we've had ups and downs in the remakes or spin-offs. AND WE'RE STILL HERE. TLOPO has brought back a lot of players who left. I honestly think that since the closing of POTCO and the creation of TLOPO, our community is stronger and more determined to be together again. This to me is the best thing that TLOPO has done for us.

And here is what I find baffling:
Friends are made of all sorts of people. No one is the same. Everyone will agree and disagree at times. What makes the friends strong is their ability to stick it out during those disagreements and accept the other person's opinion/stance/belief. A true friend will value you no matter who you are or what you think. A true friend will respect your decision or belief, even if they dont agree with it. What baffles me is some of you are doing the opposite...
:good post::good post::good post:

Hello Forum Family,

Today I'm happy to announce Pirates Forums has partnered with The Legend of Pirates Online. I believe TLOPO is the best bet at a future for the community, and I am excited and grateful at their progress and dedication to bringing back the game for everyone.

Going forward, we will become the official forum for the game and work alongside the TLOPO team to cater to the community cohesively. The forums will continue to operate largely as they always have, and we will still offer the same discussion categories and topics we do now, but our central focus will be on TLOPO.

I look forward to seeing what the future has in store, and I hope you all do too.

If there are any questions or comments, you may reply here or start a conversation with me (as always).

Davy Darkrage
how do i get the alpha code?

As stated by multiple sources over the course of the game's redevelopment, this game is currently in closed Alpha. That means a huge chunk of content is still unavailable to the public. It also means that bugs and crashes are a constant occurrence (I can vouch for that), so waiting for a public release generally makes more sense. The developers would rather release a more completed and presentable product, rather than have the entire community have access and be disappointed by the bugs and crashes. When Beta comes out, there's not a guarantee that it will even be a public one. But as for now, I do generally agree that a smaller amount of testers is just what the game needs in this period. Opening the game now would just lead to people in search of additional content (enemies/sailing aren't even available yet, so 70% of the community would be bored after 10 minutes), so what it comes down to is the Devs probably want to wait for more content to be released.

As for asking for keys, or pushing updates or releases via complaint of not having access, the Devs work extremely hard on this project. They strive to remove bugs that even Disney didn't remove, and they want to release a perfect product. In the mean time, you could hang out in their chat, or integrate more fully into their community to see if someone perhaps has an extra alpha key for you. Just remember to not fall for scams, and never pay for an alpha key. TLOPO cannot get your money back if you fall for one of these scams.

Other projects will pop up with a similar goal of recreating POTCO, but I implore that you stick with this one. It shows exceptional promise to be the most successful. With a team of dedicated Devs, the recent forum affiliation, and the progress on the game overall, I hope you agree.

Hope this helped users who ask about getting an alpha key, or those who wonder why the game isn't released yet. Remember that you can See you on the high seas!

-Eric

As stated by multiple sources over the course of the game's redevelopment, this game is currently in closed Alpha. That means a huge chunk of content is still unavailable to the public. It also means that bugs and crashes are a constant occurrence (I can vouch for that), so waiting for a public release generally makes more sense. The developers would rather release a more completed and presentable product, rather than have the entire community have access and be disappointed by the bugs and crashes. When Beta comes out, there's not a guarantee that it will even be a public one. But as for now, I do generally agree that a smaller amount of testers is just what the game needs in this period. Opening the game now would just lead to people in search of additional content (enemies/sailing aren't even available yet, so 70% of the community would be bored after 10 minutes), so what it comes down to is the Devs probably want to wait for more content to be released.

As for asking for keys, or pushing updates or releases via complaint of not having access, the Devs work extremely hard on this project. They strive to remove bugs that even Disney didn't remove, and they want to release a perfect product. In the mean time, you could hang out in their chat, or integrate more fully into their community to see if someone perhaps has an extra alpha key for you. Just remember to not fall for scams, and never pay for an alpha key. TLOPO cannot get your money back if you fall for one of these scams.

Other projects will pop up with a similar goal of recreating POTCO, but I implore that you stick with this one. It shows exceptional promise to be the most successful. With a team of dedicated Devs, the recent forum affiliation, and the progress on the game overall, I hope you agree.

Hope this helped users who ask about getting an alpha key, or those who wonder why the game isn't released yet. Remember that you can See you on the high seas!

-Eric

Well said for the new comers, but regarding if Beta would be public the devs did say that the next stage is Closed Beta then its going to be Open Beta then Full Release (thats according to last I heard of it) it might be a long way from here but atleast there's open beta down the road ;)

Yea so I want to play this game but idk how to get an alpha key ... smh I know they want to restore the game but they need to do like ToonTown Rewrite and open up... I don't even know how to get connected with this game like I want to... Can someone help me?

Yea so I want to play this game but idk how to get an alpha key ... smh I know they want to restore the game but they need to do like ToonTown Rewrite and open up... I don't even know how to get connected with this game like I want to... Can someone help me?
First off, it's in Closed Alpha.
To get a key, you have to get lucky and get one randomly in the IRC chat, or from the Twitch chat during a livestream.
They aren't Open yet because the game needs to be tested, as well as the server(s) capacity at different intervals and implementations.
tlopo.com is the main site, but news is posted on this Forum as well. You can also access the IRC chat from there :)

Most of you guys are worrying too much. Jump starting a community forum is one of the best ways the gear up for the game. Worrying about unknown complications from implementing a pre-release game forum creates unnecessary stress. Just enjoy it.
On the other hand, this game will be put on Steam, correct? It would be a great way to increase reception.

Back