Pirates Forums Chat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firehazzard

Honorable Pirate
Ever had to go through the hassle just to talk through PM to meet someone?

Well, I suggest Pirates Forums to add a chat box/room. I suggest using Xat.com as it is a reliable host that I have used in the past.
Just a suggestion! Would be a great addition too :)

FIREHAZZARD!!! WELCOME BACK :) !!!

but yes would be much easier, but then again it's a whole other thing to moderate and junk! D=
with all the ups and downs of it, it's just easier to PM someone...

Ever had to go through the hassle just to talk through PM to meet someone?

Well, I suggest Pirates Forums to add a chat box/room. I suggest using Xat.com as it is a reliable host that I have used in the past.
Just a suggestion! Would be a great addition too :)
I don't agree with the chat idea. It's going to beat the purpose of having open forums where every member can chime in. If we had forum chats, individuals would talk to each other and the energy would be diverted there rather than to the forums.

I think we need a chatroom, I don't think we should use xat.com but more of chatango.com you can ban certain words e.t.c. there. So yeah. I do agree a little bit with what Jade said though. But in all honesty, a chatroom would be nice. :) :fight:

We have stated our position on this before.
A forum is for organized discussion, and a chat would take away from that.

That's the problem with making something too convenient. If you can say something in a chatbox, why post it in the forums? And then we're left without any threads, and messages in the chat would not be around for everyone to easily find and read.

For quick messages to another person, I'd recommend just posting on their profile.

Chat absolutley not ok with the idea. When someone has a bad day and can post something that easily then it can quickly lead to drama. When somone posts something that is offensive the mods and admins can usually solve the problem very quickly but if it's said and anyone can read it immidieatley and respond then it will lead to drama.

If you want to chat, there are tons of chat rooms out there. We are a forum, and want to keep being one ;). This is not a place for the convince of certain players, it is to be a convenience for the whole pirate community. If we waste our resources in chat, then all the useful info that otherwise could be found in the future will not be there. Also, just about every guild site I've seen tends to have a chat room. But it only looks like a desert when no one is on, and turns out a negative rather than a positive if the community if not big enough to handle it. I would advice small sites like that to sustain from adding chat-rooms, and instead try to do something more productive for their members.

There are some similar aspects but the major difference is content here consists of organized discussion for the benefit of everyone (to find and read at any time), whereas Facebook consists of a bunch of unorganized wall posts that show up in a news feed for the purpose of social networking.

There are some similar aspects but the major difference is content here consists of organized discussion for the benefit of everyone (to find and read at any time), whereas Facebook consists of a bunch of unorganized wall posts that show up in a news feed for the purpose of social networking.

Dang davy,..that was an intellectual mouth full,...i get what you are saying,..but would you stop deleting my posts! ...i just am saying you are to smart! your iq, must be thru the roof,....this is not intended as a diss, i am serious,....the guy not only looks like Johhny Depp, but he is smart toooooo,.....:piratemickey:

I think we need a chatroom, I don't think we should use xat.com but more of chatango.com you can ban certain words e.t.c. there. So yeah. I do agree a little bit with what Jade said though. But in all honesty, a chatroom would be nice. :) :fight:

There are plenty of chat rooms out there where you and your friends can meet.Im content with the PM system we have here.

Good Idea, but then anyone could join the chat, so you'll haave to make a special chatroom were only certain ppl to join but that would be a great addition!

Why would you need chat? Go online and friend people you want to chat with and theres your chat room. My guild only has a chat box cause we span across multiple guilds so it brings people closer together and i can talk across games there. I don't think this site needs a chat room or anything similar. I mean it is called Pirates ' Forums ' for a reason ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back