Pirates Forums Now Hiring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahoy Forum Family!

With the upcoming release of TLOPO Beta, we are evaluating Staff and looking for members who are interested in our volunteer positions.

Greeters - The most important position we have here on the Forums, as you are the first interaction a new member has with us. You would be responsible for making new members feel welcome by posting a note on their profile when they join. You will receive alerts when new members join to help you. If you welcome new members anyways, now is a great time to join the team.

News Reporters - You would be responsible for keeping up to date with TLOPO, and posting any relevant news to the forums. We are looking for active players who want to help keep the community up to date.

We are run entirely by volunteers and appreciate all the helping hands we can get. If you'd like to contribute to making the forums a better place, please reply to this thread noting what position you prefer.

Thank you!
I'd do either one or both. I'm willing to take on some work.

Ahoy Forum Family!

With the upcoming release of TLOPO Beta, we are evaluating Staff and looking for members who are interested in our volunteer positions.

Greeters - The most important position we have here on the Forums, as you are the first interaction a new member has with us. You would be responsible for making new members feel welcome by posting a note on their profile when they join. You will receive alerts when new members join to help you. If you welcome new members anyways, now is a great time to join the team.

News Reporters - You would be responsible for keeping up to date with TLOPO, and posting any relevant news to the forums. We are looking for active players who want to help keep the community up to date.

We are run entirely by volunteers and appreciate all the helping hands we can get. If you'd like to contribute to making the forums a better place, please reply to this thread noting what position you prefer.

Thank you!

Hello! I'd like to be a greeter! I really enjoy making people feel welcomed, as I know the feeling myself with every forum I've been on!

Is news reporter a new position? Are news reporters capable of creating their own original works? Of course it would have to relate to TLOPO....

Last edited:
Is news reporter a new position? Are news reports capable of creating their own original works? Of course it would have to relate to TLOPO....
The position isn't new. They were around back in POTCO days, but haven't been needed since because there was nothing to report.

As far as I understand, you would be responsible for posting here on PF whatever is posted on TLOPO's website, such as release notes and news stories.

The position isn't new. They were around back in POTCO days, but haven't been needed since because there was nothing to report.

As far as I understand, you would be responsible for posting here on PF whatever is posted on TLOPO's website, such as release notes and news stories.
If they haven't been around for 3 years, I would consider it new now. I'm sure it is a different type of position considering that the TLOPO staff actually resides here on the forums in an official capacity whereas Disney didn't do anything of the sorts. Since there are those on the TLOPO Staff that are certainly engaged in the community here such as yourself, then I don't think copy and pasting from TLOPO's page will really fall on a team of news reporters since they probably won't know as quickly as those that are privy to insider news from TLOPO. I think the position would be really worth it in my opinion if they created their own original works perhaps interviews, talking about different threads that catch their eyes and doing a lot more than just copy and pasting TLOPO's news from their website. I was just trying to clarify the position.

I'm interested in the news reporter, I'm always looking about on the TLOPO website to see if there is any new updates or releases, or wandering about on the forums for anything new that revolves around the game. But anyway I want to help out the best I can although if you would consider me that would be great!
;)

This thread will be closing on Tuesday October 4th at 7:30 pm EDT.

If you are still interested in joining the Staff here on the Forums,
make sure to post on this thread the position you are interested in.
Will the messages to people who have been chosen be sent out at this time as well?

Hey I'd love to help out with either role, whichever one you need the most! I'll be uploading videos of TLOPO once it hits beta so I guess I will still kinda be reporting hahaha.

Will the messages to people who have been chosen be sent out at this time as well?
I'm assuming it won't happen right away, considering they're accepting applications up until that point. Unless they have already chosen some of those that have already applied

Ahoy Forum Family!

Thank you!
Hi! I'd love to be a greeter it seems like a really fun/important role. Anything to help this game get further towards completion. Thank you

Last edited:
I'm available for both positions, although I would prefer News Reporter.

I have over 8 years of experience working on a volunteer staff for various games.

Ahoy Forum Family!

Thank you!
Although I'm newer to TLOPO I've always been interested in a remake of Pirates Online and I'd love to make people feel welcome to the forums! Being a greeter would be sweet!

I would love to be a greeter and welcome new members to TLOPO! I want to get them as hyped up about this game as I am, and show them what a great community we are! xx
P.s. My account is new, but I've been lurking as a guest on these forums for a while haha

I would love to be a greeter and welcome new members to TLOPO! I want to get them as hyped up about this game as I am, and show them what a great community we are! xx
P.s. My account is new, but I've been lurking as a guest on these forums for a while haha
Just to clarify, you'd be welcoming new members to Pirates Forums :) This is for PF staff only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back