Pirates Of The Caribbean 4 Trailer

Here is the just released Disney trailer for On Stranger Tides, hope you enjoy.
I think it looks pretty good, would love to hear your thoughts. :popcorn:
I've always been a fan of the franchise and think it looks pretty good, I was happy to hear they decided to expand beyond the trilogy. It will be different seeing as a few of the familiar characters won't be returning, but judging by the trailer it looks like they did a good job at keeping the plot engaging and funny. Thanks for posting!

The actor who plays black beard is Ian McShane, anawesome actor, even better when he plays the bad guy ( see the series dead wood from hbo not for childrens wee eyes) if that has anything to do with it, this should be a good one. Also read the book on stranger tides years ago, very good, had nothing to do with this movie series, but still a great read if your into this crazy pirate stuff!:flag:

Why is barbossa in a navy suit?
Has he always had that x on his face?

There were pictures from the set awhile back that showed Barbossa in civilian clothes. Many were speculating that he left the pirate life. ( Oh the horror! lol) We really won't know until the movie comes out. I don't think he had the x in the other movies, if he did I never noticed it.

thanks so much for posting the movie trailer, charlotte! i really enjoyed it. barbossa is up to someting, for sure. guess he needed work and i'm sure the navy wouldn't have him. if you think about it, as crooked as he is, he fits right in with the EITC. oh yes and jack never had the x on his face before. maybe he cut himself shaveing.:flag:

Ok you all are probably gonna hate me for saying this, but I'm not looking forward to this movie...
You really can't do more than a trilogy without the movies getting lame, with the exception of Star Wars. Now, the 2nd and 3rd PotC movies were good, although the 1st was still the best in my opinion. This movie just seems to be missing something. Not literally (although were is Elizabeth???), just something in the energy, idk...
It just gets dangerous when you go over 3 movies. I think they're just trying too hard...

Ok you all are probably gonna hate me for saying this, but I'm not looking forward to this movie...
You really can't do more than a trilogy without the movies getting lame, with the exception of Star Wars. Now, the 2nd and 3rd PotC movies were good, although the 1st was still the best in my opinion. This movie just seems to be missing something. Not literally (although were is Elizabeth???), just something in the energy, idk...
It just gets dangerous when you go over 3 movies. I think they're just trying too hard...
It is a valid opinion.. I agree I've always liked the first best.

Elizabeth & Will (Knightley, Bloom) felt their roles were carried out in the previous 3 films and there wasn't much room for them in this one. I'm not so sure about trying too hard, I believe the only reason they are making a 4th is because of popular demand.

Here is the just released Disney trailer for On Stranger Tides, hope you enjoy.

I think it looks pretty good, would love to hear your thoughts. :popcorn:

I don't know...I'm a huge fan of the Pirates movies but after watching the first three there is a level of emotional attachment to Will and Elizabeth. To me it was sort of an unhappy ending...rather doomed...which was unlike Disney's manner. It would've been nice if they made a little room to give the pair a glimpse of hope rather than have them abandoned at just that. Forgive me for being a slight bit of a hopeless romantic.

Elizabeth & Will (Knightley, Bloom) felt their roles were carried out in the previous 3 films and there wasn't much room for them in this one. I'm not so sure about trying too hard, I believe the only reason they are making a 4th is because of popular demand.

I certainly hoped for a fourth installment of Pirates but I'm not really motivated to watch it without the original cast/characters. Which is my main reason for wanting a fourth movie was to carry Will and Elizabeth to a better place while Jack could find his place in the world even with all the hassle he gets. I hope that not everyone shares my opinion though...I want to see some success for this movie which possibly can help improve our game playing experience with newer vamped up islands/quests/weapons/spells/etc.

Well I figured that Will wouldn't be in the movie with him being the new captain of the Dutchman and all, but since Elizabeth became a pirate lord I thought that she would be in it some.
Well, just because people really like the first 3 movies doesn't always mean that they should make a 4th...
I don't know...I'm a huge fan of the Pirates movies but after watching the first three there is a level of emotional attachment to Will and Elizabeth. To me it was sort of an unhappy ending...rather doomed...which was unlike Disney's manner. It would've been nice if they made a little room to give the pair a glimpse of hope rather than have them abandoned at just that. Forgive me for being a slight bit of a hopeless romantic.
I certainly hoped for a fourth installment of Pirates but I'm not really motivated to watch it without the original cast/characters. Which is my main reason for wanting a fourth movie was to carry Will and Elizabeth to a better place while Jack could find his place in the world even with all the hassle he gets. I hope that not everyone shares my opinion though...I want to see some success for this movie which possibly can help improve our game playing experience with newer vamped up islands/quests/weapons/spells/etc.
Aye I would have scurried to the theater if it had the original characters. :popcorn: I had hoped that maybe they would come back with some adventure where they somehow get to see Will or maybe Jack gets himself into another predicament where he needs Elizabeth and the Dutchman's help, and then she and Will would be able to see each other again :) I agree with you about Jack as well.
Also, couldn't they have come up with something better than the Fountain of Youth? The quest for the Fountain of Youth has been around and done enough already...

Well I figured that Will wouldn't be in the movie with him being the new captain of the Dutchman and all, but since Elizabeth became a pirate lord I thought that she would be in it some.
Well, just because people really like the first 3 movies doesn't always mean that they should make a 4th...
Didn't say it did, but many people actually wanted a 4th. I agree about Elizabeth though, that's a shame. I'm still looking forward to seeing it though.

Aye I would have scurried to the theater if it had the original characters. :popcorn: I had hoped that maybe they would come back with some adventure where they somehow get to see Will or maybe Jack gets himself into another predicament where he needs Elizabeth and the Dutchman's help, and then she and Will would be able to see each other again :) I agree with you about Jack as well.
Also, couldn't they have come up with something better than the Fountain of Youth? The quest for the Fountain of Youth has been around and done enough already...

Yeah, the Fountain of Youth thing is overdone...so are zombies and vampires! I thought they could've done something original especially with pirates. We don't get many movies with pirates that aren't documentaries or something cheesy. There was room to make something really special if they weren't going to use all of the old main cast/characters.

I will admit they are taking a risk by taking the 4th movie in what I believe is a new direction from the other three movies, but I'm hoping it pays off. I truly enjoy Captain Jack and his antics and am very much looking forward to seeing this one. I had also read that they wanted to include Will and Elizabeth but neither one wanted to come back for different reasons. I'm really looking forward to Ian McShane's performance as he is an execellent actor. I realize I may be disappointed, but am holding out judgement until I see the movie.

well at least now they have a reason to change the uniforms on the Navy flagships( Captain Barbossa is a Navy Admiral in this one) and he is correct colors for the Royal Navy ( dark blue)...as for what i just witnessed i don't care if Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom have had enough i think Penelope Cruz looks stunning...and Ian McShane will be every bit the ruthless pirate that is Blackbeard...great post Charlotte oh btw me and Morgan watched the special on Disney X\D last night it was on at 8:35 pm pst 7:35 central...

Yeah, the Fountain of Youth thing is overdone...so are zombies and vampires!
Oh haha I watched it again, I forgot about the zombies...I think that in general, zombies are really popular right now, which I don't really understand :confused:
well at least now they have a reason to change the uniforms on the Navy flagships( Captain Barbossa is a Navy Admiral in this one) and he is correct colors for the Royal Navy ( dark blue)...
wait wait, WHAT?? Barbossa is a Navy ADMIRAL?? how? WHY???:excited:

Oh haha I watched it again, I forgot about the zombies...I think that in general, zombies are really popular right now, which I don't really understand :confused:

Never had any interest in zombies and most of the zombie movies pretty much involve the same plot...group of people and there's usually a guy who is a the gun toting awesome who run and run. Some people get eaten...oops. Run some more....some screaming....a little romantic hot scene to keep the pervs and hopeless romantics to keep watching....more running....some more getting eaten. At the end there's either a cure, a lead on to a second movie, and they just agree that the people that haven't been eaten are the ones they want to continue to tough it out with.

So far the only zombie movie I've really cared for out of the ones I have bothered to watch is Zombieland.

wait wait, WHAT?? Barbossa is a Navy ADMIRAL?? how? WHY???:excited:

I guess for the Fountain of Youth people do ridiculous things?

Back