Pirates of the Caribbean Stories: A Formal Introduction

POTCS Crew

Dockworker

[IN-GAME SCREENSHOTS]

Ahoy there!

Pirates of the Caribbean Stories (POTCS) is an ambitious attempt to remaster the now defunct Disney MMORPG, Pirates of the Caribbean Online. POTCS was created on September 18th, 2018, with a singular goal — to provide players with a completely new perspective of the Caribbean. The development team is multitalented, with a vast experience in coding, modeling, rigging, graphics design, storytelling, musical composition, and more.

The game utilizes Unreal Engine 4, a modern game engine that will allow us to break barriers and bypass multiple limitations set by POTCO’s previous game engine. Our objective is to deliver high-fidelity graphics, enrich the game world with detail, and provide players with more flexible gameplay.

As you can see in the screenshots shared here, there are noticeable visual differences. In addition to graphical optimizations, we plan on retouching multiple locations within the game. We will breathe new life into them by populating them with additional NPCs, props, flora, and fauna. The performance is also markedly improved; islands and instances load extremely fast, and islands can now be much more expansive and open, thanks to the game engine.

The game isn’t quite ready to be played yet, but we are ready to lay out our vision for the future so the community can have an understanding of what’s going on. We plan on taking all the time we need to perfect POTCS from a single-player perspective. Afterwards, we will identify and target the goals required to implement the multiplayer system. We will, of course, be making the countless adjustments and optimizations that the game needs before multiplayer is released.

We plan on reimagining Pirates of the Caribbean Online, meaning you will not share the same experiences across POTCS and POTCO. Quests, for example, will be completely redesigned with coherence and detail in mind. You will immediately notice this within the Black Pearl quest, as our intent is to shorten it and make it more enjoyable. Furthermore, you may experience new islands at release that have never been seen before. In terms of story, the game’s position in the timeline of the POTC universe is in relation with the established canon POTC series and POTCO. We will be discussing these topics in depth at a future date.

Feel free to message us with any questions or concerns.

Fair Winds,

The POTCS Crew

P.S. Keep an eye out for our upcoming development insider! We will be showcasing our early progress on invasions and the questing system. You will also see a few quality-of-life improvements, and a new options system.

With a game like POTCO, which titillates now sheer nostalgia (given pursuits made to recreate POTCO), how will POTCS endure given it seeks to completely redefine what POTCO ultimately was?

Thank you.

With a game like POTCO, which titillates now sheer nostalgia (given pursuits made to recreate POTCO), how will POTCS endure given it seeks to completely redefine what POTCO ultimately was?

Thank you.
It is actually the game made by the community, so its redefining everything that POTCO had. Also with the choice of engine for the game, it will be more stable with FPS. Also the game adds lots of new things, such as Jolly Roger's Island and new quest lines. Not able to share more info but time will tell since the game will have an offline version as well.

It is actually the game made by the community, so its redefining everything that POTCO had. Also with the choice of engine for the game, it will be more stable with FPS. Also the game adds lots of new things, such as Jolly Roger's Island and new quest lines. Not able to share more info but time will tell since the game will have an offline version as well.
I just hope POTCS recognizes that as time goes along, what every remake will face (including TLOPO) is that people too will move-on. I know this sounds negative. It is the truth though given added (life) experiences and responsibilities...for everyone.

Given this truth, I still feel it serves the ex-POTCO community well to have one viable remake only as opposed to several. *I wish you luck though. ;)

I just hope POTCS recognizes that as time goes along, what every remake will face (including TLOPO) is that people too will move-on. I know this sounds negative. It is the truth though given added (life) experiences and responsibilities...for everyone.

Given this truth, I still feel it serves the ex-POTCO community well to have one viable remake only as opposed to several. *I wish you luck though. ;)
I've always respected your viewpoints and commentary, even though sometimes you're kinda out there, I'm not quite sure what to make of your insistence that there should only be one remake. That's not really how the world works. With competition comes creativity and the drive to excel and improvise. Like just about every other venue and project, they succeed on their merit. If we have three competent pirate games to choose from, I don't see any reason why that could not be so.

So, basically I don't agree with the proprietary type of mentality and that one development group has rights above any other.
I think that's the risks they take in the time they sacrifice. No one can order me to play only one game, and you're not saying that either.

But you have your reasons for the thoughts. We can't stop change, and we can't stop people moving on. I just don't feel that's a solid reason to stifle competition.

I've always respected your viewpoints and commentary, even though sometimes you're kinda out there, I'm not quite sure what to make of your insistence that there should only be one remake. That's not really how the world works. With competition comes creativity and the drive to excel and improvise. Like just about every other venue and project, they succeed on their merit. If we have three competent pirate games to choose from, I don't see any reason why that could not be so.

So, basically I don't agree with the proprietary type of mentality and that one development group has rights above any other.
I think that's the risks they take in the time they sacrifice. No one can order me to play only one game, and you're not saying that either.

But you have your reasons for the thoughts. We can't stop change, and we can't stop people moving on. I just don't feel that's a solid reason to stifle competition.
I respect your opinion and also...the decency you have shown towards my opposing viewpoint. (At least you're not telling me to jump off of the 'edge' of the ocean as others have tried to do so). :) So, the only reason why I feel some of my viewpoints are "out there" is because this forums limits capacity in so far as things I would like to say directly to someone/a group publicly without it considered inflammatory or bias. Hence, the reason for such passive aggressive undertone coming from myself. Anyway, let me share a little more.

I don't know jack squat! But, I do have enough experience to know that what we are seeing here with TLOPO is unprecedented! As such, "anything" derivative of Pirates of the Caribbean is high profile. This ain't no forgotten Pauly Shore movie...:popcorn: Everyone wanting to participate in a remake of a game like this (to which Disney made) should understand this!

In my opinion, multiple remakes may add simply too much risk for the Mouse to eventually step-in. They have yet to do so but are you all willing to trust in their patience completely and forever? I wouldn't. Too much of a good thing is not GOOD (sometimes).

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion, multiple remakes may add simply too much risk for the Mouse to eventually step-in. They have yet to do so but are you all willing to trust in their patience completely and forever? I wouldn't. Too much of a good thing is not GOOD (sometimes).
Can confidently predict that they won't care how many remakes are out there. If they didn't make a move with the "other remake" when they did all those things in the past, I'm pretty confident they won't ever step in.

Back