Pirates of the Great Abyss

Would you like to see this game in development?

• Yes

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • No

Votes: 19 73.1%

• Total voters
I don't see the need for more POTCO Off Shot projects and I think there needs to be more focus on joining an existing one or creating something that isn't of pirate theme. There are so many possibilities in our world in which have not yet been explored and we are focusing heavily on making our own POTCO emulation or rebirth through different means.

Hey, my first post! But, um, hopefully this doesn't break forum rules that we have to stay on topic, can not believe how many times I've read that.... I knw it's a rule, but Emotions get high. I mean it is the internet, people dn't really have to think before they post. Especially if people dnt think before they speak in the real world. But, I am new to forums soo... burn me at the stake for saying that :) I'm a witch, it will only tickle. I think, personally and not to step on any toes, that MysticalFish has got some balls standing up to this community of people. I LOVED the game. And when I heard, 'hey, we're back in the saddle baby!'. I was like hellz yea. Should be fun. So I've been coming here checking out updates. You guys go on about how you're such a tight nit community that fell in love with the atmosphere in POTCO. A game that was meh at best. But you loved it, and it's my guilty pleasure. I've never been a part of this community, but maybe I've been nervous to post because WHOA, you guys are mean sometimes. And i knw y'all have good hearts but if you are such a tight knit community then bring that lovin feelin back!!!! MysticalFish I support you and anyone thats gonna try... How can it possibly be a bad thing??? Rock on. Roll on tonight! Till the guitar bite.

I think all the devs for the different PoTCO revivals should band together to remake the game, more people means less work for each person, having a full team would cut development time in half, and would allow for the creation of a better game. Just my thought though.
This is what I've been saying from the beginning.

absolutely not but if you have the ability you should help with the existing game. why split our amazing community over several games?
I was just catching up with this thread and thinking of posting something like this....
I wasn't a Potco player, but it's great to see a community with such enthusiasm wanting to bring the game back. but you have a potentially bigger and more damaging problem with multiple projects than just how much longer it will take to make the projects with resources spread out. the bigger issue is that if all goes well, in 2 years there might be 2 or 3 new pirate MMOs and the community will be split across those games. the most important thing for any MMO is the strength of the community. obviously Disney didn't think the hardcore potco players left were enough for them financially, but maybe it would be enough to support a small 'indie' supported offering....but can what's left of the community support multiple versions of the game?

to be fair, mysticalfish says his game is single player, so it's a different 'kettle of (mystical) fish' to the MMOs, but it's something all the developers of the remakes should consider....yes, you want to make your version of the game, that's understandable, but remember you're all fishing for players in the same small pool. and to complete the fishing analogy, it's probably not sustainable and there'll be no fish left before long and all of the projects will still be hungry for more.

Back