1. Notice: Medals, albums, and pirate profiles will be temporarily unavailable starting later this month. Read more

Discussion Pirates Online Classic

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by internetpirate, Apr 6, 2018.

1. internetpirate

internetpirate Pirate Master

First off i'd like to formally introduce myself, my name is Internet Pirate and I'm a Game Developer and Community Manager for Pirates Online Classic, a remake of disney's potco as it was in 2008.

We've made strides in progress having only been in development for 2 Whole days! We've gone from scratch to islands with basic features in just 3 days! I'm sure this says a lot about our ability to maintain this project

We've recently uploaded a video showing off some basic features with a full frontal view of the old Port Royal!

Video:
    View: https://youtu.be/wpnoLfQVKf0

We hope you join us in this journey to recreate the experience that disney had created in 2008!

We work everyday trying to bring a release date closer and closer, We hope to have it out soon™️

POC Social Media:

- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-D--OFoaWSOzCcIyb8YR2g

Thanks for reading,

Internet Pirate

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  2. PrivateRiley

PrivateRiley Pirate Lord

Good luck with your project, Internet Pirate.

This is separate from Pirates Online Legacy (POL), correct? There are too many remakes. :whoopdedoo:

internetpirate likes this.
  3. internetpirate

Yes. Completely seperate.

4. Grey Vice

Greeter

Gahhh! The memories, I love this. Good luck to you!

5. internetpirate

6. Shamus The Brute

Site Founder

I've been out-of-the-loop for some time. Could someone affiliated with this remake explain to me how the code itself was acquired? Did ye mates circumvent it all on your own and if so, what details could you share to convince everyone that this is the case?

Just trying to understand things, that's all. Thank you.

7. deanaug

deanaug Notorious Pirate

I have the same question. I have some hunches on its origin, and in what form it was in, when these assets were given to you.

8. Rich Fireskull

Rich Fireskull Notorious Pirate

Asking anyone and everyone who decides to work on a project like this these questions is irrelevant and borderline harassment these days. It doesn't matter. Just let them grow their skills and learn more about programming and game design.

That being said, I am eager to see how this project continues to unfold.

9. Johnny Mak

Lead Mod

I don't know if I would say someone who actually developed the assets being used, when they call out a from scratch in 2 days remake, as harassing anyone. It is what it is, the code has been handed out so much that a new remake sprouts up weekly... Best of luck... Just give credit where credit is due...He's earned the right to question it at this point.

10. internetpirate

I personally don't see how it's that hard to go from scratch to islands with minimal features in 2-3 days? This is just starting to get off topic at this point.

11. katnypp

katnypp Forums Tattletale
    Founder

It's irrelevant to you, in your opinion, and you are entitled to that. However its not irrelevant to those who want to know. And it is hardly harassment of any kind. It matters, maybe not to you, but it does matter to others.

TorchTheWallet, MMDR and Red Queen like this.
  12. Johnny Mak

Lead Mod

Like I said...Best of Luck with the 08' it's a fickle beast

13. daemonx

daemonx Pirate Apprentice

That’s funny, the existential progress reflects the original 08 remakes’ progress from like last November..

>2 days

14. internetpirate

What are you insinuating?

15. daemonx

\_(ツ)_/ One can only measure what they see, and your two videos show enough ;)

16. internetpirate

Show enough of what? Our progress we did from scratch? Even looked at our island map? See those ocean names? You're insinuating stuff you don't even know.

Did you somehow get our git and write our inventory code? I think not.

17. daemonx

It’s alright bro, the people who need to know, already know, don’t stress your PR. I genuinely wish you luck with this new game of yours :)

18. Captain Sharktooth

Captain Sharktooth Notorious Pirate

Being an avid player from those times, this got me excited and I wish you all good luck! That being said, the only question I have is how do you plan on competing with TLOPO? Are you including things like looting or will you only be strictly recreating the 2008 version of POTCO? Seeing as how looting has becoming one of the most, if not the most, important part of pirates, will just having the old islands be enough to have a regular player base? Again, I reminisce about the old days on POTCO but once you hit 40 there wasn't much else to do other than get your war ships and gold maxed, and start again. If I'm spending my time leveling in POC/TLOPO, there seems to be more of a reward for leveling in TLOPO, and a better use of time.

19. internetpirate

The current goal is to rebuild POTCO as it was back in 08 then we can start considering expanding the variety of content to make for more fun at max level. We don't plan on competing with TLOPO we're completely seperate and our goal is to recreate 08 potco not 2013 so i don't think there is any form of conflict.

20. Captain Sharktooth

Captain Sharktooth Notorious Pirate

I guess "compete" was a bad word, I meant since both games have the same audience player/base, you'd theoretically have players playing your game/TLOPO, or both. And given how similar the '08 and '13 games are (at its basic premise), the recreations themselves are very similar. I was just curious how you'd address that since you have the same market.

internetpirate likes this.