Discussion Pirates Online Classic

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by internetpirate, Apr 6, 2018.

1. internetpirate

internetpirate Notorious Pirate

2. daemonx

daemonx Pirate Apprentice

That’s a very good question, I’ll provide some clarity. Pirates Online Legacy was initially founded in 2016 to develop off the 2013 client but was discontinued because TLOPO progressed much faster. The project reanimated once we acquired a 2008 build of the game, building the server to bring it back to life. After our first development stream we restarted to fix the major backbone of POTCO, the teleportation manager which entailed parts such as Teleportation Zoning, properly setting objects and avatars in interest, making our whole UD/AI architecture interfaced for efficient deployment, etc. We’ll be featuring our 2nd development stream very soon, demonstrating the enormous amount of progress we’ve made since our restart, and closed alpha after that.

As for this project, I can’t speak much to it’s internal stability.. or external to be frank. Looking at the staff roster, AnythingTechPro (Skipps) and thetestgame (Jordan) have notoriously struggled with putting any sort of product out. I wouldn’t have high hopes, as it also seems there is unauthentic foundations in place.

Cenydd likes this.
  3. internetpirate

4. internetpirate

So, to answer your question Dean:

We personally decompiled the client and have been building up it's server on our own time and using our own custom server source. Here's a gif of the first commit on our gitlab repository: https://gyazo.com/bfe85d7309854a1206ea77c1f310b523

Why it's been progressed so fast is cause some of our developers were working on a 2013' project which is now discontinued, and is currently open source and available at: https://github.com/PiratesOnlineRewritten/Pirates-Online-Rewritten

We've re-purposed some of the code and rewrote it a bit to fix any potential issues which would occur only in an 08' environment.

We have no interest in using another projects source as we aim to make the server work for the client. And that'd be straight disrespectful to the individuals who wrote that code.

We continue to make progress everyday shown in the screenshot(s) below:

screenshot_2018-04-07_22-43-40.jpg

screenshot_2018-04-08_01-54-21.jpg
    screenshot_2018-04-07_01-44-01.jpg
    Ships.jpg

As you can see, We have a fully functional enemy spawner with: Random bosses, Creature/Navy/Undead spawning with Townfolk and animals.

We've also got basic features like: Chat, Emotes, Island walk around, Multiplayer, Searchables, Interactives, Teleportation and a basic inventory setup (Still very much a WIP)

We've also started on sailing and have got ships generated, Though interest needs fixing and more.

--

Hope this answers your question,

Internet Pirate

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    Greyvicee likes this.
  5. Shamus The Brute

Site Founder

Nope. I disagree entirely. As such, you can private message me if you want to understand why.

Not saying in this particular case/project that this is what happened but, what a WORLD it would be if people learned to grow and to educate themselves/evolve their skillz via good old-fashioned work ethic (as opposed to decisions made to 'hijack' or spring-board themselves via the skillz and talent of others). Anyway, this topic alone is pretty passionate to me so...I think instead I should just end things now before I peel back again the scab of resentment within me rather than to let it grow again/to fester.

Sires and Hector Red Fire like this.
  6. internetpirate