Discussion Pirates Online Classic

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by internetpirate, Apr 6, 2018.

1. internetpirate

internetpirate Pirate Master

No? Joining the discord is completely optional.

Pharaoh likes this.
  2. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

Well, what persons name did you use before or after that description? I imagine there's more to the story there. lol

3. Black_Rose

Black_Rose Buccaneer

DarkRose likes this.
  4. Shamus The Brute

Site Founder

@internetpirate - I mean no disrespect. I realize you mates are up to the "challenge" of recreating POTCO. However, I have just a question I would like to ask you and, if other projects exist (I am unsure since I have been 'out' of the community for a considerable amount of time), that same question I would like to be asked of them as well:
    • With POTCO being shuttered since 2013 (5 years ago), what general "good" can come out of various recreations being started when even TLOPO is having challenges to be met towards moving beyond the stage of where TLOPO is at?
    *Mates, it is quite obvious to me that after 5 years recreating POTCO is just not as easy as everyone seems to think that it is. As such, perhaps it's best (and prudent) for people to understand there is no need for other project remakes to be started. Thoughts?

Thank you.

squintz likes this.
  5. LackingAName

LackingAName Wanted Pirate

It is obviously no secret that TLOPO itself is the most advanced POTCO 'remake' by now and will probably always be the main prominent one out there.

I'm rather a fan of 1 general remake with the support of everyone combined rather than several remakes that all want to be the best and get into nasty things as seen before.

Everyone is still free to create their own projects if they want to ofcourse! I'm not here to tell people not to do what they want to do.

Shamus The Brute likes this.
  6. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

Good points. But from my limited experience of one year under my weapons belt, I would agree that tlopo may be the strongest contender at this point to succeed due to the diligence of the crew. Also because of tlopo's name being out there longer and stronger now, tlopo has some perceivable weight to impress on people.

With that weight, comes power. Is tlopo or has tlopo used that power to squelch other freelance contenders? I think I see some of that happening.
    Tlopo was in the exact spot of up comingness before where they stand now, in front of other groups trying the same thing.

Disney opened this to all. tlopo may actually learn from other 'various creations' yet. Is it tlopo's right to tell others not to try?

The nasty stuff that happened and can happen goes both ways with both parties. It would probably be dishonest for tlopo people to say they were perfect angles in growing tlopo. I'd find that hard to believe tlopo operatives were perfect.

I think tlopo may be on then precipice one way or another of possible success or failure. I think suppressing people on the same path isn't positive for tlopo to do and could push them off the edge.

But that's my take. You admit harboring much ill will in the past with tlopo confrontations. Are your personal feelings something that will be positive for tlopos growth presently? Do you fear some of the same questionable work/behavior is starting again.
    I'm sure there's something happening, or you wouldn't have bothered speaking up again.

I guess time will tell. The claims of this other group haven't gotten too far.

7. internetpirate

TLOPO and POC aren't the same thing nor are we trying to recreate the same thing.

Dreadful and FadeDev like this.
  8. Shamus The Brute

Site Founder

From my perspective, as someone whom has refused (thus far) to play any POTCO remake, I think the problem the community is going to run into is the fact that with the sheer amount of time it will take for “any” remake project to go completely live outside of a alpha/beta stage a question comes into play as well as to the impact multiple projects may impose on such a small, narrowly focused community. If new gamers were to be introduced to the resurrection of POTCO they would likely want to play but...maybe not so much within the long term given all OTHER games competing for their attention. The problem becomes compounded (in the dual sense that the longer it takes for a POTCO remake to go live the only ‘true’ believers/loyal followers will remain those gamers whom view said remake in a nostalgic sense rather than as new & exciting experience).

I could be completely off-base here but, in what I say above such truth would likely become determinal to any “classic” version of a remake of POTCO (more so than a non-classic version). *I’ve been wrong before, though - shrugs.

9. internetpirate

10. internetpirate

11. FadeDev

FadeDev Swashbuckler

Isn't discussion of Discord's against the rules here?

12. LackingAName

LackingAName Wanted Pirate

13. internetpirate

14. internetpirate

15. Marc Warfury

Marc Warfury Wanted Pirate

Looks better than tlopo imo, and the staff seem more professional, but thats my opinion

FadeDev and internetpirate like this.