Discussion Pirates Online Classic

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by internetpirate, Apr 6, 2018.

1. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

Maybe because opengl is open source and microshaft directx is closed source and costs money?

2. tiberias

tiberias Honorable Pirate

The first thing that will happen is all the people banned from TLOPO will come join this game. This is why I am never going to play pirates online classic

CatherineW likes this.
  3. internetpirate

internetpirate Pirate Master

Can you not come onto threads just to invoke drama? Same can be said from the people who were banned on potco, even though you're playing tlopo. You see the hypocrisy there?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 5:50 AM
  4. JackScurvyGull

JackScurvyGull Honorable Pirate

would love to play this. POTCO lost so much atmosphere and aesthetic in the transition from what we saw in 2008 vs what we played in 2013.
    The game just overall looked different back then

5. tiberias

No hypocrisy at all. You accused me of personally attacking you for saying I won't play your potco remake. Pointing out this problem of banned players from TLOPO playing your game in droves is not an attempt to create drama. It's discussion of a problem you are gonna have. If you don't like discussion then don't post on a discussion forum.

CatherineW likes this.
  6. internetpirate

Once again citing ignorance. The blatant hypocrisy is, you play tlopo which is a recreation of potco which also had numerous banned players. Discussing bans has always been a sensitive topic and is a direct key to drama, let's not, as you've made it abundantly clear that you're here cause of a personal vendetta.

7. tiberias

Nope just discussion of a topic which you can't seem to participate in. What measures,are you thinking of to mitigate this obvious problem of the potentially large toxic community returning to your game?

8. internetpirate

Toxic or not, we wont ban people who haven't caused problems in-game. And yes it's the literal definition of hypocrisy, i'm not sure why you plea ignorance.

Roger-Daniel likes this.
  9. tiberias

It's not hypocrisy if I'm discussing a valid concern. I personally see no motivation to go play in a game with this obvious problem when I can play in a game that doesnt.

10. internetpirate

I'm sorry, but i don't know how you can be this dense. This problem exists in tlopo, in some cases it's not even a problem, people have grown since potco, and if they broke the rules again i'm sure proper action would be taken if necassary. Everyone deserves a fresh start. It's blatant hypocrisy, let's use our context clues eh?

11. Shamus The Brute

Site Founder

Well...and I don’t mean to jump in here to incite bad/ill feelings any worse.

Has Classic thought about this idea that @tiberias just mentioned? It is a concern I, myself, have never thought about before in regards to the co-existence of another remake to TLOPO. Deep down, myself understanding the influx of POTCO’s later issues within it’s player-base, could see this happen.

It’s a concern to at least take serious if others plan to cater/promote a remake of POTCO to the public. *In hindsight, TLOPO should be concerned of the same thing (for the possibility of the exodus of unruly players is not exclusive to just one particular remake)!

12. JackScurvyGull

Why would banned people from tlopo go to pirates online classic
    The game is so much more different from tlopo

13. internetpirate

It's not much of a problem, it's a simple process really. If they do come to POC, well then that's on them. If they cause problems that violate the rules they'll be given the same moderation treatment everyone else would.

14. FlyingRum

FlyingRum Buccaneer

You mean TLOPO's entire playerbase? You realize TLOPO is extremely heavy handed with bans and so 60% of the players currently can't even play TLOPO or lost the desire to. Plus POC won't just be a haven for troublemakers, but instead a haven for people who prefer the old version of the game and who like actual progress being made on the game instead of being at a stalemate on TLOPO. Its been literal years since TLOPO has done anything to improve functionality of the game and people are bored of it.

Also the people who only have 32 bit, have you considered that as well?

15. Freebooter/Boots

Freebooter/Boots Pirate Lord

Same reason banned people from POTCO went to TLOPO.

16. JackScurvyGull

Well, not exactly because the two games didnt exist at the same time. The game came out 3 years after potco closed. Besides is that even a bad thing?

17. tiberias

Tlopo in my opinion does a great job with moderation. It's created an environment that is pretty friendly overall. I doubt that will exist when pirates online classic open with all those banned players potentially signing up.

CatherineW likes this.
  18. internetpirate

the same way the banned players from potco signed up for tlopo? It's really just up to the person who was initially banned to exhibit the same behavior, and if it comes to it they'll get moderated.

19. JackScurvyGull

What about all the players from other potco remake(s) that turned to tlopo when they couldnt play they're game anymore.

20. Freebooter/Boots

Freebooter/Boots Pirate Lord

It still doesn't mean the POTCO banned people didn't join TLOPO whenever the game came out 3 years later.... Is it a bad thing no they were given a second chance if they got banned from TLOPO its on them nothing we can do about it.

Your doubting POC moderation team?