Pirates Online Closing 8/20/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier in this thread I posted my intent to sail and not log off at the end of the game. We were booted and I was lucky enough to get back in for another few minutes even though the official site said the game was closed. I call the picture "The Final Sunset". Nothing was altered.

final voyage2.png

Nope, not working here.

Hmmm...I wonder what change on "their" end? The previous time that I had checked before last night was yesterday morning and it was working fine for me, then.

Something happened between yesterday morning and last night, apparently. :mad:

wow, you are right, it's completely down now. A couple of days ago it was still up, it was just the page where they explain why potco was cancelled, etc but still, the piratesonline.com existed. Now it doesn't. :(

wow, you are right, it's completely down now. A couple of days ago it was still up, it was just the page where they explain why potco was cancelled, etc but still, the piratesonline.com existed. Now it doesn't. :(

Missing my close POTCO friends...
~ But even despite this, Disney's own actions never really solves the "twisting" of that knife. :daggermouth:

none of the sites are theirnone of the sites are their
I'm having trouble viewing any Disney site. Perhaps they are doing maintenance?
including still active games?i dont understand why they cant just launch the game back and combine its hq with other disney games as well as its customer support and all that. they can cut down on servers as well until the game regains popularity. how can they be so ignorant to such simple solutions i miss my mates as well i tried to rally as many to the forums as i could. i had a friend named habby nerro (yes its a bit funny) who was as much a friend to me as someone i knew in person for four years. everyday i would log on and everyday he would be their, never once turned down an adventure with good old captain sage he was level 50 and gladley left his higher level friends to help me anytime. i only wish i could enjoy another minute with him. i lost one of me best friends. i couldnt even log on the day it closed i couldnt take the idea of it just closing and being gone. i dont take any of this lightly and i hope we stick togather on here whatever the outcome may be.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having trouble viewing any Disney site. Perhaps they are doing maintenance?

I've been doing some reading on a broad-spectrum forums related to POTCO, Pixie Hollows, and ToonTown and it appears that this "change" has affected everyone else as well except CP (with Pixie Hollows 'closing' page either staying untouched or being redirected to this link). From what I can gather, this latest change has everyone wondering what is going on.

I am wondering if the standard URL .go.com tag within much of Disney's past websites have all change as a result of this particular change. *It appears to me that anything now related to the current status of a Disney game (and everything else) has a .com tagged only within the related URL (http://games.disney.com/).

The .go.com tag is likely being phased out but, this is just a guess. :confused:

I've been doing some reading on a broad-spectrum forums related to POTCO, Pixie Hollows, and ToonTown and it appears that this "change" has affected everyone else as well except CP (with Pixie Hollows 'closing' page either staying untouched or being redirected to this link). From what I can gather, this latest change has everyone wondering what is going on.

I am wondering if the standard URL .go.com tag within much of Disney's past websites have all change as a result of this particular change. *It appears to me that anything now related to the current status of a Disney game (and everything else) has a .com tagged only within the related URL (http://games.disney.com/).

The .go.com tag is likely being phased out but, this is just a guess. :confused:
I say you are probably right, I'll keep an eye on the horizon for additional info as well.

They probably decided to shut down the sites for the games. I'm surprised they didn't do so a couple months back.

my other thought i had was with the new year they might have just not payed for another year for the domain but if its all disney stuff than it might just be an error

my other thought i had was with the new year they might have just not payed for another year for the domain but if its all disney stuff than it might just be an error

Well...apparently the normal link for POTCO, the link that we have all been used to, directs users now to this (main) Disney link: http://disney.com/

Sigh... no trace of POTCO left. :(

I was hoping they'd at least leave a closing notice on the new POTC website, similar to what they did with Pixie Hollow, that way we'd have some form of official documentation that POTCO existed. :/

Aye, we will all miss POTCO. It was my first internet game I have ever played, back in 2006. Of course, my character was stuck with a wierd name because disney didn't accept my name for some reason, but still, I enjoyed the experience and it helped me develop. I maxed out several characters and I haven't played since 2008. I've been looking for a private server recently, hit me up if there is any with high amount of players. - Cresent

I miss the role playing, the glitching through walls. Hanging with friends and wasting time. Why would you take such a marvelous creation down, Disney? - Cresent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back