Pirates Online Fan Made Trailer

Eric Guneagle

Pirate Master
Hey, it's uncle guneagle. Okay, here's the deal:
Poor me was walking around the sand all day wondering what my adventure should be today. I then thought about my youtube channel and thought about how I haven't posted a POTCO video in a while. I could've posted any kind of video, but this time, I decided to do something special... I made a trailer for pirates online! What I did is I ran around doing epic things and recorded it with fraps. then I put the video together and added captions, music, and awesome stuff and from then when I was done I watched it.. I knew I had to click the upload button. After I uploaded it I watched it over and over again, admiring it. Now it is your turn to admire it. I would be very happy if you checked it out.
I would be very pleased if you watched my video and rated it ( like or dislike, please be honest I don't mind ) Please tell me what you think of it in the comments section of either this thread, my video, or even better, both! Please subscribe if you could, too :)

~ Eric Guneagle, Savvy ~

You did very good!

Couple suggestions. If you are going to do another game tralier, shorten it to about 3 minutes. Have to think in terms of the watcher when it comes to timing. You can do this by shortening each section of footage that you use. Like capture just before the ship sinks, just before an enemy dies, etc. I do think you should have included the rage ghost taking you out though. ;)
Another suggestion. Pan out when sailing. Allows us to see more of what is going on. For example, if you sailed upon the fleet at normal camer angle in game, then pan out we could see more of the fleet and surrounding location. This will help also when showing the battle between the ships, we can see more of the ammo flying.
Lastly (yeah I know I said couple, but just though of another), you can reduce the size of your chat box and map, etc. F7 > Interface > Interface Scale (reduces or englargens the size of the icons) and Chatbox Scale (reduces or enlargens the size of chat box, not the size of font).

I enjoyed the vid. Keep up the good work!

You did very good!

Couple suggestions. If you are going to do another game tralier, shorten it to about 3 minutes. Have to think in terms of the watcher when it comes to timing. You can do this by shortening each section of footage that you use. Like capture just before the ship sinks, just before an enemy dies, etc. I do think you should have included the rage ghost taking you out though. ;)
Another suggestion. Pan out when sailing. Allows us to see more of what is going on. For example, if you sailed upon the fleet at normal camer angle in game, then pan out we could see more of the fleet and surrounding location. This will help also when showing the battle between the ships, we can see more of the ammo flying.
Lastly (yeah I know I said couple, but just though of another), you can reduce the size of your chat box and map, etc. F7 > Interface > Interface Scale (reduces or englargens the size of the icons) and Chatbox Scale (reduces or enlargens the size of chat box, not the size of font).

I enjoyed the vid. Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the advice :D This is my first trailer so that's why I messed up a little, I'm making a trailer part 2 and I will take your advice into consideration.

Thanks!
~ Eric Guneagle ~

shorten a little but try and put as much game content into like 4 minutes at the most that you can. you only focused on certain parts of the game

to split it up in two parts sounds good to me. :) how about - part 1 On land - part 2 At sea?

If its a trailer, it should only showcase the basic factors of the game. Let people wonder what else there is in the game, don't throw everything in there all at once. Its good, but you could fix it up a little to make it even better :)

Zoom in and out, turn the camera view around, and use fade in and out for the music, especially transitions between music. And of course, take advantage of transitions between scenes; those would make the movie look much better. But overall, great job! :D

Thanks for the suggestions guys. This is my first trailer, so that's why it doesn't go above and beyond, but I will make a better one. Thanks guys :D

Back