Pirates Online is Now Closed - FAQs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avast there, mates!

Pirates of the Caribbean Online is now closed.

Thank you for making Pirates of the Caribbean Online a true treasure of excitement and adventure. Yer all savvy swashbucklers indeed!
  • Pirates Online accounts have now been automatically closed, and can no longer be accessed.
  • Guests with paid Memberships have received an email with information about their Membership including refund options.
  • For questions regarding your billing or Pirates Online Membership, please email us at billing@piratesonline.com for help.
For further information, please visit the Pirates Online Closing FAQs below.
Thank you again for yer enthusiasm and support for Pirates Online. Fair winds!
Closing FAQs

Q: When did Pirates Online close?
A: Pirates of the Caribbean Online closed on September 19, 2013.
Q: Why did Pirates Online close?
A: The Walt Disney Company is committed to offering high-quality, entertaining play experiences in both online virtual worlds and mobile apps. At this time, we are shifting our development focus towards other online and mobile play experiences. We deeply appreciate your enthusiasm and loyal support for Pirates of the Caribbean Online and sincerely hope you will continue to enjoy the large variety of online and mobile play experiences Disney offers - with more to come soon!
Q: Can I still access my account and my Pirates(s), and items?
A: Unfortunately, you can no longer access your account to Pirates of the Caribbean Online or log into the Pirates Online virtual world.
Q: Why can't I purchase or re-activate my Membership?
A: Pirates of the Caribbean Online closed on September 19, 2013. Memberships are no longer available for purchase.
Q: I had a recurring paid Membership for Pirates Online. What happens now?
A: As of August 20, 2013, your credit card or PayPal account was no longer charged a recurring payment for Pirates Online. Guests with paid Memberships received an email with information about Membership including refund options. Pirates of the Caribbean Online closed on September 19, 2013. You can no longer access your account to Pirates Online or log into the Pirates Online virtual world. Billing support will no longer be available after November 18, 2013.
Q: I had purchased a Pirates of the Caribbean Online Game Card at a CVS store, but I never redeemed it. What do I do now?
A: Pirates of the Caribbean Online closed on September 19, 2013, and Membership for Pirates Online is no longer available.
If you have purchased a Pirates of the Caribbean Online Game Card at a CVS retailer, but have NOT yet activated your Game Card online, please email us at billing@piratesonline.comfor help, or contact Customer Support at 1-888-507-9507. Customer Support Representatives are available Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Pacific Time. Billing support will no longer be available after November 18, 2013.
Q: I have a Membership / Free Trial code (either from a game pass or DVD insert). Can I still use it?
A: Pirates of the Caribbean Online closed on September 19, 2013, and Membership of any kind for Pirates Online is no longer available.
Contact Us

Pirates of the Caribbean Online is now closed.
Pirates Online accounts have now been automatically closed, and can no longer be accessed.
For more information and help answering your questions, please visit the Pirates Online Closing FAQs.
For questions regarding your billing or Unlimited Access Membership, please email us at billing@piratesonline.com for help.

Rest in Peace. Hopefully it will come back. We are still pirates though, remember that. The journey is not over. :parrot:

I said this on my status, but I just want to vent and say it here, lol

One of the Game Masters as the game was closing had nerve to say,
that she came for the "CELEBRATION". :eek::(:mad::confused:

It made me us Mad! :furious: I CAPPED her good.​
I said, "A CELEBRATION???"​
She said, "What else would you like me to call it?"​
At that moment, a bunch of us said,​
"A FUNERAL!!"​
She said "Well, it's a celebration to see my old friends" or something stupid like that.​
I said, "DON'T YOU DARE COME INTO OUR HOME AND CALL THIS A CELEBRATION!"​
People cheered, it was cool, lol.​
A couple whispered, "Pie don't get banned"​
So, everyone was sad at the end, and we just don't understand how Disney had nerve to act like it was a holiday.​
That's all, thanks. ;) <333​
moving on now..​

Well the whole closing month was some kind of denial about how sad and mad many of us were about the end of the game. The double gold labeled as a "holiday" bonus and the stupid fireworks were a sad display and a slap in the face in my humble opinion. Fireworks.....please. I am not sure that there would be any way to take the sting out of the decision to close the game but I certainly feel like they threw gas on the fire. The green spam filling chat became downright intrusive. I do not think those GMs had any power or part in the decision to close the game but they could have made a more conciliatory statement than calling their appearance a celebration. I don't think Disney executives really have any idea that their game created a community. I think that they have a cold and calculated idea that players might sign on for months and maybe a year. I do not believe they had any idea that people would stick with it for years and become connected to it the way we all did. Their heavy handed and inconsiderate process for the last month has been infuriating. This was business to them but it was personal to us.

Yes I agree "with Griffin the Crazed" and I know very well the business point of view from gaming in general. I have looked at balance sheets from entertainment companies such as Disney and sadly there is only a slim profit left in the end of some Quarters. Yes there is a significant amount of money made but, bills need to be paid and as negative percentages add their way up less and less profit is made until sadly one quarter you are in debt. Although for this situation there is no credible excuse as to why this game never was given the effort it deserved. Executives could not make a gamble because they were so worried it wouldn't pay off. If this is true I am truly appalled, had there been given all the effort in the world and given in the world the proper amount of "hype" what was thought to be a slim profit or even debt would turn to be a larger profit and would satisfy not only the business end but the entire POTCO community. Thanks to a great game Disney but you shouldn't given up or feared to gamble on a great idea...

/sad. Our pirates all died a watery death today in the caribbean never to be seen again. :(

Just to let you know.

First of all. Your account is not closed. The account you created for Pirates Online represent Disney ID therefore there is no way it is closed. You can simple check it for yourself here: http://disney.go.com/guestservices/youraccount (Sign in)

As for our pirates, they are all safe in Disney's Database.

I said this on my status, but I just want to vent and say it here, lol

One of the Game Masters as the game was closing had nerve to say,
that she came for the "CELEBRATION". :eek::(:mad::confused:

It made me us Mad! :furious: I CAPPED her good.​
I said, "A CELEBRATION???"​
She said, "What else would you like me to call it?"​
At that moment, a bunch of us said,​
"A FUNERAL!!"​
She said "Well, it's a celebration to see my old friends" or something stupid like that.​
I said, "DON'T YOU DARE COME INTO OUR HOME AND CALL THIS A CELEBRATION!"​
People cheered, it was cool, lol.​
A couple whispered, "Pie don't get banned"​
So, everyone was sad at the end, and we just don't understand how Disney had nerve to act like it was a holiday.​
That's all, thanks. ;) <333​
moving on now..​

Ohhh.... THE NERVE!!!! I have every right to blast my cannon :cannon: on that GM's comment :cursing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back