Pirates Online is Now Closed - FAQs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I contacted them about Pirates Online; here is what they said.

"Hey there, Jello!

There are a few problems with that, the main one being that none of us were ever really dedicated to Pirates online. I played during the beta, but I know nothing more about it than that. Another reason is that it would almost certainly be taken down by Disney because they still use Pirates of the Caribbean. They are completely done with the Toontown Asset, however they will continue making Pirates and PIxie movies."
just change the name
I contacted them about Pirates Online; here is what they said.

"Hey there, Jello!

There are a few problems with that, the main one being that none of us were ever really dedicated to Pirates online. I played during the beta, but I know nothing more about it than that. Another reason is that it would almost certainly be taken down by Disney because they still use Pirates of the Caribbean. They are completely done with the Toontown Asset, however they will continue making Pirates and PIxie movies."
so exactly who are the people who relaunched toontown anyways is it just someone working out of their house im curious

Last edited by a moderator:
If they think Disney is indifferent to people playing around with their intellectual properties then I hope these people have some good, expensive lawyers on their side.

I sent them another message and here is what they said.
You can find the open part here. This is an OTP server, look for Disney videos to learn how it works.
What is missing here is the Toontown part (AI and CA) which we will not share publicly before we decide to close TTR.

Just to let you know.

First of all. Your account is not closed. The account you created for Pirates Online represent Disney ID therefore there is no way it is closed. You can simple check it for yourself here: http://disney.go.com/guestservices/youraccount (Sign in)

As for our pirates, they are all safe in Disney's Database.

wat does that mean??? they are saved in thier databasey
I had a dream last night that Disney reopened Pirates Online and it was pretty good too. :) Then I woke up and I thought it was real. Then I realized that it was just a dream. -_- :fight:
a know i had a dream that some genius system hacker reopened the system lol

Simple as it is. It means that your pirates are stored within your Disney ID; but since the game is closed now, you (not only you, all of us) can not access them.

Is there any particual reason why it even shut down? I don't understand why, there were a lot of dedicated players, and the majority payed for unlimited access!

Is there any particual reason why it even shut down? I don't understand why, there were a lot of dedicated players, and the majority payed for unlimited access!
Thats really weird :( Also ToonTown and Pixi Hallow had dedicated players as well which they all pay unlimited access. All 3 games pay good money and then Disney shuts um down :( Maybe it was cheaper for them to just let everyone pay for Club Penguin but what shocks me is that Club Penguin month membership is like $5 when us POTCO players pay $9.I wonder if DIMG President Bob Iger was the one who suggested the games closing:confused: ?

Thats really weird :( Also ToonTown and Pixi Hallow had dedicated players as well which they all pay unlimited access. All 3 games pay good money and then Disney shuts um down :( Maybe it was cheaper for them to just let everyone pay for Club Penguin but what shocks me is that Club Penguin month membership is like $5 when us POTCO players pay $9.I wonder if DIMG President Bob Iger was the one who suggested the games closing:confused: ?

by 2012 potco had only 5000 players a day less than 1/10 of what it was back in 08and to add to that less than half of those players were paying members

5000? :confused: Is that why they closed us down? Because we had less players?

aye it costs money to run a game like this you need to run servers, pay producers and designers, all kinds of stuff and if ya dont have anyone paying to keep the machine running, it shuts down. however it it is 100% disney's fault. they quit advertising and failed to draw more players, allowing the game to slowly suffocate to death, or as i am praying is only near death, i still have hopes it will come back.

aye it costs money to run a game like this you need to run servers, pay producers and designers, all kinds of stuff and if ya dont have anyone paying to keep the machine running, it shuts down. however it it is 100% disney's fault. they quit advertising and failed to draw more players, allowing the game to slowly suffocate to death, or as i am praying is only near death, i still have hopes it will come back.

Aye it is 100% of their fault. I started playing POTCO because of their advertisement. If they had just done that we would have gotten more players.

thats how i started as well and thats how they ruined it all

If they had all the stuff they showed in the advertisements, that might have helped too... I remember seeing a commercial for POTCO where a ship actually snapped in half as it sank... actually I think that animation was in the game early on, but it was removed for some reason... no reason actually... also cannonballs actually put holes in ship hulls... that was cut too. You know, I'm started to think their main problem other than advertising was that they cut a lot of really good features from the game... they probably stopped advertising because by 2010, 95 % of everything in the trailers was cut out of the game for no reason -_-

If they already had the stuff in the game, then they already spent money on creating it. Having it in the game wouldn't cost them anything... so that's actually wasting money not saving money...

If they had all the stuff they showed in the advertisements, that might have helped too... I remember seeing a commercial for POTCO where a ship actually snapped in half as it sank... actually I think that animation was in the game early on, but it was removed for some reason... no reason actually... also cannonballs actually put holes in ship hulls... that was cut too. You know, I'm started to think their main problem other than advertising was that they cut a lot of really good features from the game... they probably stopped advertising because by 2010, 95 % of everything in the trailers was cut out of the game for no reason -_-

i remember that stuff the ships used to have really cool figure heads and alot more detail
i remember that stuff the ships used to have really cool figure heads and alot more detail

plus i distinctly remember seeing a kraken in the commercials toois revive potco still working on getting the game back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back