Pirates Online Remakes/Similar Games

Chris Deckskull

Buccaneer
Hello all!

Ever since Pirates Online closed, everyone's been sitting and wondering what to do. Some of those people have taken matters into their own hands and wish to make a Pirates Online remake. So far, I've only noticed three. Pirates Of The High Seas (Now Closed), Pirates Online Rewritten, and Black Flag Online (Currently Does Not Have A Site). another remake has the most potential, with BFO coming in a close second. But with recent event that happened at PotHS, games like this have me concerned. Something might go wrong with either the people who are making it or the people who are supporting it. This makes me wonder: Are there any other Pirates Online remakes out there? Of course, as a former Pirates Online player the idea to create my own has crossed my mind, but I lack the money or the skills. Although the idea still does come to mind, I still do not wish to create one.

To answer my question, please post any Pirates Online remakes you know of that aren't listed above. Along with the game, also post any site/information about the game. Thanks!

To answer my question, please post any Pirates Online remakes you know of that aren't listed above. Along with the game, also post any site/information about the game. Thanks!
Are you interested in those projects inspired or emulating POTCO or are you interested to know (general) pirate/non-pirate games coming from ex-POTCO players themselves?

Are you interested in those projects inspired or emulating POTCO or are you interested to know (general) pirate/non-pirate games coming from ex-POTCO players themselves?
I'm interested in both, but preferably I would like to know about games inspired or emulating POTCO...-. ..- -.-. -.- -.-- --- ..- --··-- --- ·----· ..-. ..- .-. -.-- ·-·-·- -.-- --- ..- -.- -. --- .-- .-- .... .- - -.-- --- ..- -.. .. -.. ·-·-·-

If someone does happen to have just a pirate game, I have tried:

• Pirates of the Burning Sea
  • Voyage Century (Which I did not get to work)
  • Uncharted Waters Online (I also did not get this one to work)
  • Bounty Bay Online

Last edited:
Hello all!

This makes me wonder: Are there any other Pirates Online remakes out there? Of course, as a former Pirates Online player the idea to create my own has crossed my mind, but I lack the money or the skills. Although the idea still does come to mind, I still do not wish to create one.

There is actually a third pirate game in the works (fourth if you count the now closed POTHS). It hasn't been announced publicly yet, but will soon.

There is actually a third pirate game in the works (fourth if you count the now closed POTHS). It hasn't been announced publicly yet, but will soon.
Okay. Thanks for your help!

Also, if possible, do you know where it will be announced?

Last edited:
Greetings Chris,

IF you are interested in pirate-related games, I would like to recommend you trying on Pirate101. It is an outstanding game, with updates being released every so often, and subscription deals in order to gain more for the less!

;)

I have already purchased a domain (website). Waiting for everything to get configured, then will begin construction on the website.

Still a few more things to do before the announcement is made.

@Chris Deckskull
I understand your caution, especially after the sudden closure of POTHS.

When we started developing BFO, it was just 2 people, doing it for nothing more the fun of creating a game, figuring no one would notice us, or care about our game. We know it will not be easy, or fast, or simple, but we are determined to finish BFO, regardless of how long it takes.

@William Foulbutler

I look forward to seeing your game in the future :)

@Chris Deckskull
I understand your caution, especially after the sudden closure of POTHS.

When we started developing BFO, it was just 2 people, doing it for nothing more the fun of creating a game, figuring no one would notice us, or care about our game. We know it will not be easy, or fast, or simple, but we are determined to finish BFO, regardless of how long it takes.

@William Foulbutler

I look forward to seeing your game in the future :)

Thank you jack! I am supporting BFO, and cant wait to play!

Here are a few that I am aware of (although it appears that the first two games listed have been temporarily abandoned; the Minecraft game 'possibly' not being associated with any player whom did play POTCO):
  1. http://revolutionaryseapirates.wikia.com/wiki/Need_Members_to_Help_Develop_Game (@SacrificialGoliath @David Daggerskull @David Daggerskull INFERNO )
  2. http://sevenseasoftrident.wikia.com/wiki/SevenSeasOfTrident_Wiki (@Josh Kenway; @Joshua.Kenway)
  3. http://www.aoanetwork.net/home (Minecraft)

Back